You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

You never cease to amaze me WG...

29 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

...at how much you can seriously muck something up that was perfectly fine before...

Operation Ultimate frontier is now a massive joke... its near un-winnable with random players (and down right impossible without any battleships I might add) to the point where it actually no longer fun to play... There was literally nothing wrong with it before! It had the right amount of challenge for new players, it was enjoyable, do-able, but also didn't hold your hand. It was tough, but not too tough. It was how operations SHOULD be...

Now, its a massive shite show even with tons of team work... the bots near the end are WAY too numerous, are way too accurate, move in far too fast, and you end up getting caught in a massive cross fire you have next to no hope of surviving, especially if you're a cruiser. Dont even get me started on the "destroy the enemy CV" objective... its now an uncompleted objective, at least if you want to win as well... and even just WINNING is extremely hard...

Once again WG... you've chosen the sledge hammer method of "fixing" something that wasn't even broken in the first place...

I love this game... I really do... but for christ sakes WG, you are really driving me up the bloody wall with these decisions lately...

Please... for the love of god WG... fix your shite...

• Cool 15
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
7 posts
2,147 battles

ooh yes you couldn't be more right.  Just did 4 tries of it and every single one resulted in 4 dead before two minutes in. Then 3 shore batteries dead in 3 hits before the Aerodrome was instantly killed by 10 enemies spawning in a group.  WG has no CLUE how to run the PVE side of their game they dont give a crap about how broken they made it

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,034 battles

I tried it once with random players to see how things had changed.  We got 5 Stars, we never said a word in chat, I didn’t notice any change in difficulty.

• Bad 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,270 posts

Wow I thought Kit.... abandoned ship sometime back? My memory is sometimes fuzzy but I thought... oh well.. the outcome of UF depends a great deal upon the random group of people having played the new UF version a couple of times, they all come together, they all know what they need to do in their ship. 

A good part of five starring it will (most likely) depend upon the type of ships randomly gathered together. It has been changed, to be sure. It is not as easy as before. 

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
552 posts
4,747 battles

Oh, an operation is hard now? Good!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
On 4/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I five-starred it today.

So did my 14 year old  son.  (He was #1 on the board after, too.)

(LOL.  Of all the posts that I might have annoyed someone, why would this do so?...that and I posted this 3 days ago, and the downvote was today.)

Edited by mavfin87
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,463 posts
25,360 battles
16 hours ago, Horama said:

I tried it once with random players to see how things had changed.  We got 5 Stars, we never said a word in chat, I didn’t notice any change in difficulty.

Strange, because it is far more difficult than it used to be. You must have lucked into a truly awesome team. Play it many times. We do it regularly with an experienced group and have noticed many new differences: the bots aim better, they arrive earlier, the groups are more spread out, and the forts get killed more easily. The AI also brings in BBs for you to kill within the time limit, and then hides them behind islands. 

Also we welcome players to join our group. Contact me via PM. 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
15 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

So did my 14 year old  son.  (He was #1 on the board after, too.)

I can only wish to have the awareness and reflexes of a 14 yo once again. Not to mention the stamina and strength.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
405 posts
4,755 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I five-starred it today.

Me too.  I've also seen teams that seem to try as hard as possible to do everything to guarantee defeat as well.  Stop basing player inadequacy and bad luck on poor game design.  Adapt, improvise, overcome. 

As has also been noticed, WG changed the ops.  After the first cycle when they were introduced, they tweaked the AI to not spawn groups in the same spot every time, but that was a change made months ago and is not and cannot be "new".  Players not knowing what to do and or being in the wrong place at the wrong time is what I've seen doom matches to failure.  

• Bad 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,975 posts
6,462 battles

i think its more due to players that have no idea what the word "objective" means

Edited by tcbaker777

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,530 posts
3,526 battles

I've 5 started it a couple times and never went below 4 stars every other time. Heck got 5 star in a Colorado

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,315 battles

lack of understanding from the players. Many I have been paired with, don't even focus on the primary objective. really infuriating when players don't play to the objectives, and treat it like a co-op match.

[INTEL]
Members
753 posts
7,949 battles

It can be 5 star'd but it requires a LOT of competent play by the majority of the team. That's fairly rare. Today I saw a Sims take on the Cleveland in a gunfight at around 6km, you can guess how that worked for the Sims. I saw a Minsk get beat in a gunfight by the Clemson. Words cannot describe the level of incompetence that took. How about an Atlanta that decides to park broadside to the first wave of BB's +Pcola. Yeah that happened. One more, I head north at high speed to take out the Atlanta in the Shiny. I realize our only other BB, a KGV, is following me. His reasoning, this is no joke... "We need to keep the Aoba alive"

Before the Buff I was running in a Div with a good friend from Wolf5. We were in the German twins, Shiny and Gennie. All 5 of the remaining teammates were dead before "Whiskey" was eliminated. We 5 stared that op, both of us still alive at the end. Thats not gonna happen since the buff.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

People play operations ... with pubs? ... and expect 5 stars? Seriously?

• Bad 2

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles

Heard no complaint's, when the ops could be easily farmed. In fact players bragged about it. 
Ain't karma a two headed mule, that just likes too kick your a@@#3 now and again. 

LOL, jokes on you lot.............. :Smile_bajan2:

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

I have 5 starred every Operation with randomly formed teams, not my own teams. :Smile_medal:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[DPG]
Members
825 posts
4,249 battles
28 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Heard no complaint's, when the ops could be easily farmed. In fact players bragged about it. 
Ain't karma a two headed mule, that just likes too kick your a@@#3 now and again. 

LOL, jokes on you lot.............. :Smile_bajan2:

Funny isn't it.  Another game I played for years had a similar situation.  Anytime players would find an easily farmed mob or instance they would spout off about how easy it was.  Sure enough the devs would hear about it and fix it.  Never expect a free to play game to ever afford an advantage to players.  "Oh you can farm Narai for tons of credits and xp?"  "Jokes on you, we're removing it!"

I was under the impression that the buffs to the bots in OPs was for teammate npcs.  I guess I was wrong.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

Yeah, it was a possible thing before WG "fixed" them recently...

Also, sources tell me they probably enabled hard mode by accident. And I'm inclined to believe that because I heard no mention of WG wanting to buff them...

Also, love all the pvp elitist telling me to "git gud". Y'all dont seem to understand the reason why we play co-op and operations, do you? We dont play to be super elite uni-cums. We play to relax and have fun and enjoy some story driven naval warfare with a bit of challenge. We dont play to try hard and still have our rear ends handed to us by the bots.

If you want to try hard, go back to your boring pvp and stay there.

• Cool 1

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,668 battles
3 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

It can be 5 star'd but it requires a LOT of competent play by the majority of the team. That's fairly rare. Today I saw a Sims take on the Cleveland in a gunfight at around 6km, you can guess how that worked for the Sims. I saw a Minsk get beat in a gunfight by the Clemson. Words cannot describe the level of incompetence that took. How about an Atlanta that decides to park broadside to the first wave of BB's +Pcola. Yeah that happened. One more, I head north at high speed to take out the Atlanta in the Shiny. I realize our only other BB, a KGV, is following me. His reasoning, this is no joke... "We need to keep the Aoba alive"

Before the Buff I was running in a Div with a good friend from Wolf5. We were in the German twins, Shiny and Gennie. All 5 of the remaining teammates were dead before "Whiskey" was eliminated. We 5 stared that op, both of us still alive at the end. Thats not gonna happen since the buff.

Takes a good Div to win reliably now. Ran with a full Div last Thurs and we went 4-5 stars 80% of the time. Still get the odd defeat, but not as bad as pubs. It's a lot harder now if folks don't know the drill. Pubs are brutal when MM decides you 'need a challenge'. Like two BB's and two DD's. When one BB gets torped by the Omaha and both DD's and one cruiser are dead before the ten minute mark...

Shaka, when the walls fell

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,100 posts
5,977 battles

In my experience, I used to win around 8 out of 10 times of the UF battles, and now, it's the opposite, so someting is up.

We'll see.

• Cool 1