You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Unholy_Stench

I can't aim with the Alabama

12 comments in this topic

Members
80 posts
4,694 battles

I am struggling to aim with the Alabama.  Such high arc - I give super lead and still land behind my target.  Any tips?

what.jpg

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

Look at the shell time to target and estimate the notches based on 20kts. 10s travel time for a CL going roughly 30kts I will put 14 or 15 right on the middle.

[SYN]
Members
14,360 posts
10,224 battles

get closer, easier to lead

• Cool 3

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,422 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Look at the shell time to target and estimate the notches based on 20kts. 10s travel time for a CL going roughly 30kts I will put 14 or 15 right on the middle.

A bit of a clarification - the 20kt reticule baseline applies to the static crosshairs (calibrated for a BB sized target moving at 20kts).  If the OP is using dynamic crosshairs, that is calibrated for a BB sized target moving at 30kts.

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

Not a sniper ship. Get as close as you can without overextending. Be patient, wait for targets to show their side, and then shoot. Practice helps a lot too. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

This.  14km less is ideal, any longer of range then you really need to get the hang of the lead.  These are also the same guns as on North Carolina.

[STW-D]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
1,646 posts
4,992 battles
2 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

There is truth here.  Alabama isn't much of a sniper - it does way better up close.  It has the torp protection to cover for occasional oopses, good secondaries, and good forward bouncy angles that make things hard for enemy ships to deal with at close ranges.  Give it a try.  Fight at 10km instead of 15+.  You'll probably do way better.

[DRACS]
Members
3,340 posts

I know there are several players that aim by feel, but screw that ... I always aim by looking at the shell air times, no matter the ship. I rarely play the same ship twice in the same evening and going by feel would make miss non stop.

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles
18 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

use the training room with a friend and practice

Yep. And coop. Coop  is really good training in how to brawl and shoot at angled ships. One thing the bots do well is angle. 

And get closer. 

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
2 hours ago, InvalidKey said:

There is truth here.  Alabama isn't much of a sniper - it does way better up close.  It has the torp protection to cover for occasional oopses, good secondaries, and good forward bouncy angles that make things hard for enemy ships to deal with at close ranges.  Give it a try.  Fight at 10km instead of 15+.  You'll probably do way better.

Also at medium to short range your a nightmare to citadel. 

1 hour ago, KaptainKaybe said:

I know there are several players that aim by feel, but screw that ... I always aim by looking at the shell air times, no matter the ship. I rarely play the same ship twice in the same evening and going by feel would make miss non stop.

And this.