Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skarp_AGW

Easy Free Stuff

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

This has been a good week for easily attained high quality free stuff.

1) First stage of the Varyag missions yielded a SC with 50,000 Free XP. I am grinding Free XP for the Musashi, and that pushed me to near 700k.

2) The Colors for Normandie "personal assignments" were simple, and straight forward, and the Normandie camo is very nice 

3) Got my first actual daily container SC since November, and it had a Radar Surveillance Upgrade Module in it. I know those are rare as hen's teeth. Very nice.

Thanks WG :cap_like:

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Varyag and Normandie are top notch high quality content for sure, knock yourself out! :cap_like:

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,107 battles

I am also a fan of the "little effort, little rewards" approach to in-game incentives.  I just need some kind of objective to trick me into logging on every day and the big tier 8 tank events in Tanks is ultimately what made me abandon that game last Christmas... events were too hard to be worth the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

i like typically enjoy most of the missions in WoWs.  They add a bit of additional spice to my game time.  I just got the Normandie camo last night.  looks good -- even if it is Titanic'ish.  Played with it once last night for giggles.   I doubt I'll drag out the Normandie much even if I can dress it up as the Titanic.  

Varyag -- I don't plan on exerting much effort into pursuing this thing.  Seems like a lot of game time would be entailed in completing all the various missions WG has slapped onto this thingy.  Its worth like $10 or some such thing.  Yet the average gamer is probably going to spend multiple hours chasing after it -- only to play it once and realize what a meh-turd it is.   But what the heck -- some folks will have fun chasing after this thing.  More power to um'.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
9 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Varyag -- I don't plan on exerting much effort into pursuing this thing.  Seems like a lot of game time would be entailed in completing all the various missions WG has slapped onto this thingy.  Its worth like $10 or some such thing.  Yet the average gamer is probably going to spend multiple hours chasing after it -- only to play it once and realize what a meh-turd it is.   But what the heck -- some folks will have fun chasing after this thing.  More power to um'.  

Since Varyag basically means "Viking" in Russian, I'm obliged to get it (look up Skarp-Hedin, Njal's Saga).

LWM has proclaimed it to be a pungent, steaming, unpolished turd, but I will get it and have Tier III fun in it. Even if it sucks as bad as expected, it looks absolutely gorgeous.... in a Pre-Dread, steam-punk kinda way.

The first stage was easy. I did the 10 wins in Co-op, because that just means 10 short games, and done.

Sucker for the "stuff" missions? Sure, I confess. Costs me nothing, and I appreciate having a "task" that impacts my ship choice more than my contribution to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[LEGIT]
Members
377 posts
8,276 battles

I'm just doing the varyag missions to get the SC to be honest, not the ship... Hope I get some premium! *fingers crossed* 

As for the Normandie camo, I have no idea how to get the other missions unlocked because reading OP. I only did the cruiser, DD, and BB for Normandie missions since they were there to be seen, no clue where the other 11 are... might've missed them maybe? Started playing WoT so haven't been playing as much of WoWs this week, but DAANNNGG this game offers a lot more rewards and incentives, and is much more balanced for the free to play people, then WoT is :cap_wander: I hadn't realized how much WoWs spoiled us until I tried WoT... NOW I understand the pay to win conspiracy LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[WOLF6]
Members
174 posts
2,056 battles
1 minute ago, The_Grand_One said:

As for the Normandie camo, I have no idea how to get the other missions unlocked because reading OP. I only did the cruiser, DD, and BB for Normandie missions since they were there to be seen, no clue where the other 11 are... might've missed them maybe?

It's just those same three missions, repeatable every day until the end of the event.  For mission series like this, you really need to read the announcement on the news page to understand the bigger picture.  In-game mission descriptions don't give enough info.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/normandie-camo/

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
885
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,423 battles

Thank you for letting us do it in PvE too WG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
14 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

As for the Normandie camo, I have no idea how to get the other missions unlocked because reading OP. 

as I recall I had to play a Frenchie ship of like T5+ in one match.  after that the Titanic Camo missions were unlocked.  if thats what you were asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,644 posts
13,502 battles

What gets me about the Varyag missions is that it's to win a tier 3 ship but you must use tier 5+ ships to do the missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
17 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Thank you for letting us do it in PvE too WG!

yup -- decreases the grind time required to complete some of the mission tasks -- at least for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
Just now, ReddNekk said:

What gets me about the Varyag missions is that it's to win a tier 3 ship but you must use tier 5+ ships to do the missions.

lol -- yup hadn't really occurred to me until u mentioned it -- the irony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

What gets me about the Varyag missions is that it's to win a tier 3 ship but you must use tier 5+ ships to do the missions.

Requiring a Tier V ship keeps the sharks out of the kiddie pool.

Really, I'm positive that the only reason we are getting the Varyag is because WG wants to add the lovely Pre-Dread to Rasputin's Halloween fleet. We get a free cookie, and they get a new target ship for the Halloween scenario. Win-Win.(or a reasonable illusion of such)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

I'm sure the reason we're getting Varyag in the game is the same reason we also have Diana and Aurora: because this game is made by some of the only people on earth who care about pre-WW1 Imperial Russian protected cruisers.

If it were my call, I'd have had them make something else, but whatever.  I'll get it completely for free because the mission requirements would almost certainly be met by the games I was going to play this week anyway and it's not like I'm hurting for content to grind at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,091
[WOLF3]
Members
5,980 posts
2,203 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

  I doubt I'll drag out the Normandie much even if I can dress it up as the Titanic.  

Normandie is decent in Tier 6 Ops.  Try it.  You'll like it.

It's my favorite T6 bote behind Cleveland (soon to be lost to us).

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,597 battles

I'm doing the varyag missions because all I have to do is play as normal. No extra effort required. Otherwise I probably wouldn't be after it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Free ship Free Port Slot If you don't like the ship you can sell it and keep the slot.

I try to collect all the Premium ships that come by the only Premium Ships that turn me off is those Carnival Kewpie Dolls known as ARP. The rumor has it those ship will become Sellable in the near future, Bu bye to ARP. Hello to "Real Historic Ships"

To all the Haters I look forward to your Negative Emoji's. 

Your a sad bunch. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Normandie is decent in Tier 6 Ops.  Try it.  You'll like it.

It's my favorite T6 bote behind Cleveland (soon to be lost to us).

Yeah, I like the Normandie. It is fast, and the guns are pretty comfortable to use.

I feel like Tier VI is sort of a sweet spot for BBs. All of them are good solid ships that are fun in their own way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Normandie is decent in Tier 6 Ops.  Try it.  You'll like it.

It's my favorite T6 bote behind Cleveland (soon to be lost to us).

oh its fine...not meaning to imply it sucks or the like with my post.  I did quite well in the one match I played in last night with my new Titanic Camo.  I am just not uber enthusiastic about playing BBs in general.  Prefer DDs and Cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

To all the Haters I look forward to your Negative Emoji's. 

Your a sad bunch. 

FIND CLUCH! and set a torch to his home!

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82
[TAFY3]
Members
334 posts
7,157 battles

I agree, the Normandie camo is about as nice looking as it gets!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,075
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,425 posts
10,186 battles
18 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

i like typically enjoy most of the missions in WoWs.  They add a bit of additional spice to my game time.  I just got the Normandie camo last night.  looks good -- even if it is Titanic'ish.  Played with it once last night for giggles.   I doubt I'll drag out the Normandie much even if I can dress it up as the Titanic.  

Varyag -- I don't plan on exerting much effort into pursuing this thing.  Seems like a lot of game time would be entailed in completing all the various missions WG has slapped onto this thingy.  Its worth like $10 or some such thing.  Yet the average gamer is probably going to spend multiple hours chasing after it -- only to play it once and realize what a meh-turd it is.   But what the heck -- some folks will have fun chasing after this thing.  More power to um'.  

Normal play can easily finish the missions. Part 1 anyway so it doesn't require "chasing". I did it in 2 days of normal play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,480 battles
17 hours ago, The_Grand_One said:

I'm just doing the varyag missions to get the SC to be honest, not the ship... Hope I get some premium! *fingers crossed* 

As for the Normandie camo, I have no idea how to get the other missions unlocked because reading OP. I only did the cruiser, DD, and BB for Normandie missions since they were there to be seen, no clue where the other 11 are... might've missed them maybe? Started playing WoT so haven't been playing as much of WoWs this week, but DAANNNGG this game offers a lot more rewards and incentives, and is much more balanced for the free to play people, then WoT is :cap_wander: I hadn't realized how much WoWs spoiled us until I tried WoT... NOW I understand the pay to win conspiracy LOL!

Started playing WOT :Smile_teethhappy: " I applaud your lunacy " :Smile_honoring: After playing WOWS, you should be a very experienced artillery playa over @WOT :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×