You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
InTheWind_

look out for this guy

33 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts

just came out of a match where ( name deleted due to being informed that i would be in the crapfor using it. wth is that. i get smacked for letting all good players know we have a fool in our game.) torped and sank 3 ally ships with the wickes. fool thought it a joke. players like this do not deserve discipline, but need outright banning by WG. if you see this jerk in one of your matches, watch your back is all i can say. WG i'm sure you will get a few reports from this match. hopin you handle this promptly. 

Edited by InTheWind_
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,223 posts
8,804 battles

Edit the name out. It is against the ToS to name & shame.

• Boring 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,041 posts
11,539 battles
3 hours ago, InTheWind_ said:

just came out of a match where **** torped and sank 3 ally ships with the wickes. fool thought it a joke. players like this do not deserve discipline, but need outright banning by WG. if you see this jerk in one of your matches, watch your back is all i can say. WG i'm sure you will get a few reports from this match. hopin you handle this promptly.

Content moderated by JayStark02

While I sympathize, you're going to get nailed for a name and shame violation if you don't remove the name.  It's a stupid rule, we should be able to police ourselves, since they refuse to do it, but it is what it is.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,729 posts
11,353 battles

Breaking forum rules are not gonna help. Suggest editing the name out.

Members
24 posts

lmbo defeated the whole purpose of the post. honestly did not know i could not name this fool. ahhh well no point going on......

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
1 minute ago, InTheWind_ said:

lmbo defeated the whole purpose of the post. honestly did not know i could not name this fool. ahhh well no point going on......

If that player keeps that up they will get a vacation from the game, temporary at the minimum to permanent at worst. Unlike the RU server they don't publish the punishment lists. Just press on and do your best.

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
125 posts
22,584 battles

The only way to deal with these people is to have replays enabled. If you see something like this that is obviously a mojor problem, you email a copy to wagameing support and let them take it from there. Complaining here does no good at all.

[DRACS]
Members
3,360 posts

You can't publicly name and shame. But you CAN message Wargaming support directly witg the replay file and they will handle it.

Which reminds me that I need to enable that again since I just installed on a fresh PC.

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

While I sympathize, you're going to get nailed for a name and shame violation if you don't remove the name.  It's a stupid rule, we should be able to police ourselves, since they refuse to do it, but it is what it is.

Ummm, crzy, you might want to edit your own post because the quoted text includes the person being named and shamed.  

[-K-]
Supertester
5,151 posts
8,942 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Doesn't help when you quoted his post with the name included. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

they will be system banned automatically if they damage a friendly again while still sporting their pink camo.  

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,298 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

If that player keeps that up they will get a vacation from the game, temporary at the minimum to permanent at worst. Unlike the RU server they don't publish the punishment lists. Just press on and do your best.

I am absolute proof that this statement is completely false

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,298 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

they will be system banned automatically if they damage a friendly again while still sporting their pink camo.  

nope

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

It requires several incidents and then the staff gets alerted and starts monitoring the account, according to WOWS.

[TBW]
Members
6,353 posts
11,894 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Edit the name out. It is against the ToS to name & shame.

I always wondered how you could shame some one that is already shameful. Oh well Que Sera Sera!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I always wondered how you could shame some one that is already shameful. Oh well Que Sera Sera!

I never understood that myself but the worst behaved players in the game tend to be snowflakes when confronted with their behavior.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,784 posts
12,916 battles
1 hour ago, InTheWind_ said:

just came out of a match where ( name deleted due to being informed that i would be in the crapfor using it. wth is that. i get smacked for letting all good players know we have a fool in our game.) torped and sank 3 ally ships with the wickes. fool thought it a joke. players like this do not deserve discipline, but need outright banning by WG. if you see this jerk in one of your matches, watch your back is all i can say. WG i'm sure you will get a few reports from this match. hopin you handle this promptly. 

Did he sink three including himself....or would that be four?

No worries, he will be pink in the next match, and damage will be reflected and kill himself.  Kinda takes the fun away from those who think it's funny.  I do run across these folks occasionally...but only a few over 10000 games.

Edit:  For those who wonder about the name and shame, it's not to protect those who are...indeed...shameful.  It's to protect everyone else from those who would name and shame those who are honorable.  As many honorable who are so shamed will often feel the need to defend themselves...the forums would spiral out of control.   

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,223 posts
8,804 battles
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

No worries, he will be pink in the next match, and damage will be reflected and kill himself.  Kinda takes the fun away from those who think it's funny.  I do run across these folks occasionally...but only a few over 10000 games.

Yeah, almost all of the TK'ers I have seen in the game have been people that didn't pay attention to friendlies down range.

[TBW]
Members
6,353 posts
11,894 battles
11 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Edit:  For those who wonder about the name and shame, it's not to protect those who are...indeed...shameful.  It's to protect everyone else from those who would name and shame those who are honorable.  As many honorable who are so shamed will often feel the need to defend themselves...the forums would spiral out of control.   

Mine was more of a rhetorical statement, I really just wanted to post Doris singing, Que Sera Sera. lol. Nicely stated though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
2 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

after the OP edited his post, as was mentioned a few times, as should you... you actually are the only one who has his name in your post... I think maybe you could edit it and not be that guy who has a name,,, albeit a TK player should be called out for TK team mates if intentional... but rules are rules...

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles
2 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

EXACTLY!  There is nothing better than being judged and ridiculed and thereby put on noticed and watched by someone's peers.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
3 hours ago, InTheWind_ said:

5C0DBD53-03C5-424A-932E-9DBB45C125AF.jpeg

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

C7BD4F63-3C1E-419D-AEA6-BBD80CA7EA8D.jpeg

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,041 posts
11,539 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Ummm, crzy, you might want to edit your own post because the quoted text includes the person being named and shamed.  

3 hours ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Doesn't help when you quoted his post with the name included. 

2 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

after the OP edited his post, as was mentioned a few times, as should you... you actually are the only one who has his name in your post... I think maybe you could edit it and not be that guy who has a name,,, albeit a TK player should be called out for TK team mates if intentional... but rules are rules...

Thanks, mods got to it first.  I wasn't camping the forums, and just realized it.

• Cool 1