You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xsilverthornx

Another Please add Cv's to clan battles thread.:)

15 comments in this topic

[SSPL]
[SSPL]
Beta Testers
3 posts
6,903 battles

Just like it says on the tin, Please add carriers to clan battles starting with season 3. Add 2 more slots 9 total, so 1 cv 2 bb's 4 ca 4 dd max.  So you would see something like  1 cv,  2 bb,  4 ca,  2 dd; in a clan battle.

Many of us have had our t 10 cv's since beta or shortly after it. It is a slap in the face.  They didn't dare do this in world of  tanks. 

More people would strive to get better at it, you would see more playing them and WG would make more money.  MY 3 cents.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,167 posts
8,785 battles
9 minutes ago, xsilverthornx said:

Just like it says on the tin, Please add carriers to clan battles starting with season 3. Add 2 more slots 9 total, so 1 cv 2 bb's 4 ca 4 dd max.  So you would see something like  1 cv,  2 bb,  4 ca,  2 dd; in a clan battle.

Many of us have had our t 10 cv's since beta or shortly after it. It is a slap in the face.  They didn't dare do this in world of  tanks. 

More people would strive to get better at it, you would see more playing them and WG would make more money.  MY 3 cents.

I don't think adding a completely broken ship type to clan battles is a good idea. Maybe once the complete rework, if it ever happens, is complete they will bring them in.

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think adding a completely broken ship type to clan battles is a good idea. Maybe once the complete rework, if it ever happens, is complete they will bring them in.

Yeah; as much as a carrier partisan as I am; I agree with BrushWolf...

...too much potential to completely unbalance games because of a single player’s skill, or lack there of...

Members
9,864 posts
1 hour ago, xsilverthornx said:

You really don't get who plays this game...do you....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

i think that next ranked season will be a test for that.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
On 15/04/2018 at 12:20 AM, BrushWolf said:

seeing as clan battles are tier 10 theres only 2 CV to pick from and it could be a possibility that CV might be in the next clan wars, look at how much there nerfing midway to try and get the balance right between the two. it not just 1 nerf then 6 months later another 1 its pretty much been a nerf every update for last few months. if for some reason WG pulls a miracle out there [edited]and gets  the two balanced before the rework and the next clan wars then i think CV should be allowed in clan wars.

[5D]
Members
605 posts
7,026 battles

If the "Year of the CV" thing WG revealed to the Community Contributors mean anything, they're likely saving it for that. 

Jingles said that it's completely different than what everyone is expecting for the CV rework. If anything, they're going to designate CVs to purely support roles to fit in better with clan battles. 

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
42 minutes ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

If the "Year of the CV" thing WG revealed to the Community Contributors mean anything, they're likely saving it for that. 

Jingles said that it's completely different than what everyone is expecting for the CV rework. If anything, they're going to designate CVs to purely support roles to fit in better with clan battles. 

thats the big question what is everyone expecting from the rework, so many people have different ideas on what the CV rework could turn out like, some people might be thinking that AA will be more balanced across ships and the CV close to the same loadout, some could be thinking there changing CV to something new i.e support roles, how you do a strike, amount off planes in a squad  more even and not 7 to 5 and even heard people saying/thinking fighter planes will change and what there strafes do.

Thats going to be the biggest problem and even what could screw the rework up is not giving out any info, i know its still early and a while to go before its ready but no one having any idea whats going on or what there thinking apart from a few people outside of WG, could mean something they think is a great idea in the rework could turn out to be really bad when they put it on the PTS. where giving just some bits off info will allow the player base and CV mains to voice the concerns before it's to late.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
694 posts
6,113 battles

Seeing how they are allowed now in this season of ranked and they are using eXACTLY THE SAME Clan Battle maps and cap point configurations...there is now NO Valid argument from WOW not to allow them into clan battes this next season...thku WOW.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,167 posts
8,785 battles
4 minutes ago, C_D said:

Seeing how they are allowed now in this season of ranked and they are using eXACTLY THE SAME Clan Battle maps and cap point configurations...there is now NO Valid argument from WOW not to allow them into clan battes this next season...thku WOW.

There is one extremely important difference, in CW every clan would have to bring a CV and every clan would have to have a top CV captain. In Ranked it is your option if you want to bring a CV.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
694 posts
6,113 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

There is one extremely important difference, in CW every clan would have to bring a CV and every clan would have to have a top CV captain. In Ranked it is your option if you want to bring a CV.

Your argument has some leaks in it though....A Clan battle can have all cruisers or almost all or almost all dds except  for the BB it still will match it up....Why is there some assumption or that WOW feels the need to make a BB mandatory or make a CV not able to play. I assume my clan and others are smart enough to choose they're own tier 10 ships...And I submit to you...an All DD clan or Cruiser or BB etc...it doesn't really matter...it matters how the clan plays the scenario it is given....My clan will not shy away from a clan that has a CV on its side in a clan battle even if we do not....in other words make it an "Option" and not a requirement that either team have a BB or a CV just seven players.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,167 posts
8,785 battles
3 minutes ago, C_D said:

Your argument has some leaks in it though....A Clan battle can have all cruisers or almost all or almost all dds except  for the BB it still will match it up....Why is there some assumption or that WOW feels the need to make a BB mandatory or make a CV not able to play. I assume my clan and others are smart enough to choose they're own tier 10 ships...And I submit to you...an All DD clan or Cruiser or BB etc...it doesn't really matter...it matters how the clan plays the scenario it is given....My clan will not shy away from a clan that has a CV on its side in a clan battle even if we do not....in other words make it an "Option" and not a requirement that either team have a BB or a CV just seven players.

Listen to what Noster has to say on CV's in CW. I am not exactly certain where in the video it is but it is well worth listening to the whole thing.

• Cool 1

Members
216 posts
2,029 battles
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, xsilverthornx said:

Given that pretty much every team would be clustered around an AA spec Minotaur or Des Moines, I would say no. Plus skill gap and such. Cvs are either going to have a feast or they're going to be completely useless. Free captain respect=free AA build.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
4 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Given that pretty much every team would be clustered around an AA spec Minotaur or Des Moines, I would say no. Plus skill gap and such. Cvs are either going to have a feast or they're going to be completely useless. Free captain respect=free AA build.

from the sounds off the water line video after the rework there might be a chance for CV in clan battles

[UDEAD]
Members
317 posts
15,324 battles
On 4/30/2018 at 4:43 PM, C_D said:

The problem with your statement is : " One is a modified -random- game, the other is a scheduled event ".

You dont know your teams composition nor if a CV will even be in a ranked game. In a clan-based or ' fixed team ', having one ' sky cancer king ' will put the whole clan on top.

Its a ' team ' versus ' individual ' scenario.