Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DadGameMachine

Who wants lower-tier Clan Battles?

21 comments in this topic

[HSPS]
Members
3 posts
3,565 battles

Personally, I'd like the ability for lower-tier clan battles. Starting at T5 maybe? Set them up similar to random battles with tier-up, tier-down rules. Maybe in a different league or different category? Those would be incredibly popular and very dynamic battles indeed. Not to mention it would spur new interest from the lower-tier players.

Edited by DadGameMachine
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,324 battles

I think so short less serious seasons with low tier ships could be fun.

• Cool 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

that might tempt me to join a clan. high tier clan wars interest me about as much as used tissues. less serious mid-tier battles sound fun.

Edited by MidnightShamalan
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,685 posts
15,193 battles
25 minutes ago, DadGameMachine said:

Personally, I'd like the ability for lower-tier clan battles. Starting at T5 maybe? Set them up similar to random battles with tier-up, tier-down rules. Maybe in a different league or different category? Those would be incredibly popular and very dynamic battles indeed. Not to mention it would spur new interest from the lower-tier players.

Low and mid-tier clan battles would be a blast for the really good players, and make seal clubbing victims of the rest of us. That said, it could be a lot more fun, and play a whole lot faster, than the current T10 setup. The clan I am in is clanned mostly for the economic benefits of oïl harvesting and base-building bonuses, but we have a hard time fielding 7 players on game nights at T10. Most of our clan members are at their best and most comfortable at low-to-mid-tier play, myself included. I would take Leander, Königsberg, Perth, Gallant, Warspite, Arizona, Texas, Queen Elizabeth, Gaede, Aigle, Dunkerque, or almost any T5 or T6 ship out in a flash in a mid-tier clan battle. I think setting up both low and mid-tier leagues would draw more players into clan battles at that level, and WG/WoWs would make more loot (which for them, is the name of the game). Plus WG/WoWs would not need to put up the T10 rent-a wreckers like they do now as the low and mid-tier tech tree ships are both playable and affordable credit-wise. +1 upvote!

• Cool 4

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,007 posts
9,544 battles
1 hour ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Low and mid-tier clan battles would be a blast for the really good players, and make seal clubbing victims of the rest of us. That said, it could be a lot more fun, and play a whole lot faster, than the current T10 setup. The clan I am in is clanned mostly for the economic benefits of oïl harvesting and base-building bonuses, but we have a hard time fielding 7 players on game nights at T10. Most of our clan members are at their best and most comfortable at low-to-mid-tier play, myself included. I would take Leander, Königsberg, Perth, Gallant, Warspite, Arizona, Texas, Queen Elizabeth, Gaede, Aigle, Dunkerque, or almost any T5 or T6 ship out in a flash in a mid-tier clan battle. I think setting up both low and mid-tier leagues would draw more players into clan battles at that level, and WG/WoWs would make more loot (which for them, is the name of the game). Plus WG/WoWs would not need to put up the T10 rent-a wreckers like they do now as the low and mid-tier tech tree ships are both playable and affordable credit-wise. +1 upvote!

I agree with this more than Op's suggestion.:fish_book:

still wish we had some sorta map like WOT does. it be fun to travel the globe and such.

• Cool 1

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
2 hours ago, DadGameMachine said:

The current CBs system is fine IMO. The lowest I think we might ever see out of a CB season is T8 

Members
9 posts
121 battles
15 hours ago, DadGameMachine said:

I'd be delighted to see this option. We need more battles where people are working together, rather than moaning about the potatoes they're playing with.

Heck, it doesn't even have to have leagues or anything. "Clan battle" that just matches up teams would be great. Any extra rewards should be small, and a lesser version should go to losers, so they get at least SOMETHING if they go up against seal-clubbers.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles

Considering,

• Clan war fare- Tier X ships
  • Space Battles - Tier X ships with tier 7 Economy.
  • Now Ranked- Tier X ships from Ranks 10 to 2.

I dont know about you guys, but this whole quarter of the year has been nothing but tier X events. I am all tired of having tier X event EVERY SINGLE EVENT, lol. Tier X is not the special tier for events only, so far in 2018 it has. Also the missions are creeping up too, it use to be

• tier IV,
  • then V,
  • now its VI.

On top of that, Ultimate Frontier is now the hardest operation in tier 7. Its obvious to me that in the eyes of the developers we  (as a community)are acting like a conceded, annoying dates. Its hard to keep us happy when all of us want certain demands met, I will say a word of caution to be careful what you wish for, this game ultimately will get harder/unplayable if our egos are not checked.  Beware

• Cool 2

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
689 posts
6,093 battles

Yep I like the Tier 3's thru 6...good ole ships....great idea! 

• Cool 1

[RE]
[RE]
Members
4 posts
3,384 battles

I think it would fairly easy to tier the clan battles: 

Squall: 7

Gale: 8

Storm:9

Typhoon and Hurricane: 10

But hey, that's just me.

• Cool 1

[TGC]
Members
45 posts
1,572 battles

I'm sorry but I'm never going to grind to tier 10, takes too freaking long anyways. Would really enjoy Tier 5 - 7 stuff as that's where seemingly everyone is anyways based on these forums.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I like this idea. I remember my clan having a blast when WoT had their different-tier campaign way back when. It was neat to try different vehicles and strategies and got a lot of our newer players and "reservists" that didn't have a tier 10 into the action. Heck, I might actually talk to some of the old crew about starting a Warships clan if they ever did this, maybe something like a special tier 6 or tier 8 season. Yeah, I'd buy that for a dollar! Maybe they could even do a special "gunboat wars" season with only tier 1s for the lols, or a tier 2 pre-dreadnought season if Mikasa gets some company.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
350 posts
9,145 battles

They could always just bring back team battles was kinda like Clan Battles but at T6 and you didn't need to be in a clan to join in just pay up 300k credits to make a team or just queue in as an Merc

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,789 battles

If WG was going to do lower tier it would be T8 but I don’t see that happening... look at KOTS they went from T8 to T10.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
197 posts
3,817 battles

I agree there should be clan events at lower tiers. Yes, there is going to be more skilled players "seal clubbing" but, if the current clan battles format is maintained, that player base will stratify fairly quickly. I made it to tier ten boats during the grind there, I was on the outside looking in for clan events. I think that wargaming is ignoring a goodly part of their customers by not providing mid tier clan battles.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:40 AM, BladedPheonix said:

still wish we had some sorta map like WOT does. it be fun to travel the globe and such.

A clan wars for WoWs would kick [edited]! +2 for you @BladedPheonix

[BWN]
Members
4 posts
8,607 battles
On 4/25/2018 at 3:33 AM, Muki41 said:

They could always just bring back team battles was kinda like Clan Battles but at T6 and you didn't need to be in a clan to join in just pay up 300k credits to make a team or just queue in as an Merc

Love this  completely agree

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles
On 4/14/2018 at 9:35 AM, DadGameMachine said:

I would love that.  19 point Kamikazi's for all !!!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I was hoping that Clan Battles would be more like Guild Battles in other online games.

Two Clan Leaders, agree to a Clan Battle. They pick the teams, tiers, and types of Ships. Then on the agreed date and time they battle, and afterwards Wargaming awards the Winners.

P.S. Yes to the lower tier battles

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

@Chaos_EN2 Gets my vote, I have been saying this for 2 years now, they ( WG ) exclude the majority of the player base, which is at mid tier 5-6-7, and yes I do have tier 10 ships for CB's, but would enjoy it a lot more as would most of my clan members, it could included members that feel left out of Clan Functions to play by them selves with no reward or self satisfaction from playing with friends.

WG could do this, but will not, the larger CLANS that dominate everything in this arcade game run everything anyway, if it does not suit them ( The clans that have tier 10 ships only clans ) every one else need not apply, this is who WG listens to only about specific battle events, has been this way for 2 years and will always be this way.

Even though I agree with everything said here and would stand behind it 100%, and love to see this happen, it won't.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj / Commander - [SMI] Sea Mongerz Inc.

Sign in to follow this