You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TitanicMan2

Adrenaline Rush

19 comments in this topic

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles

Couple days ago I posted a topic about if I should take Priority Target or not and seems like I should, and I will.

But I forgot to include Adrenaline rush in that same topic too.

Similar to Priority Target, I see it in builds a lot, but I am not aware on how effective it actually is because I never used it before. Is it a skill worth taking?

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

I see it as the must have 2 point skill to have after completing your first 10 points. You simply can't go wrong with Adrenaline Rush. It is stupidly effective in torpedoboats especially, since it can lead to insane torpedo reload times when on low hp. 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
933 posts
8,744 battles

For BB, Heavy Cruisers (ones with slow reloads), and DDs yes. Its less effective on Light Cruisers but I still take it since there is not really a better 2 point skills.

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,737 posts
3,186 battles

Simple: I use it on my Yamato and Scharnhorst. 

My Scharnhorst has a 20s reload time, with Adrenaline Rush at 50% HP I get a 15s reload time. 

With my Yamato, I have a 26s reload with the reload mod, with Adrenaline Rush at 50% HP I sit at 22s reload time with those massive 18inchers. Adrenaline Rush is actually very, very good on Battleships because of their long reloads and less effective on shorter reload ships. 

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[KEGEL]
Members
101 posts
5,072 battles
2 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

For BB, Heavy Cruisers (ones with slow reloads), and DDs yes. Its less effective on Light Cruisers but I still take it since there is not really a better 2 point skills.

Expert Marksman is a contender for the '2 point' category. Ideally I'd like to have both. Twirly turrets are super useful.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

depends on the ship.

If your ship has extremely slow turrets and needs to fire often, i would prioritize expert marksman over adrenaline rush. but for everything else, adrenaline rush all the way. the longer the reload, the better adrenaline rush is for the ship.

edit: most DDs should prioritize last stand over adrenaline rush as well. faster torp reloads are nice, but you can't use them if you're dead.

Edited by MidnightShamalan
  • Cool 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
933 posts
8,744 battles
5 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Expert Marksman is a contender for the '2 point' category. Ideally I'd like to have both. Twirly turrets are super useful.

It depends on the ship. I'd never take Expert Marksman on a German BB, CA, or French CA since their turret traverse is already so good. For US cruisers its questionable which one I'd take.

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
19 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I see it as the must have 2 point skill to have after completing your first 10 points. You simply can't go wrong with Adrenaline Rush. It is stupidly effective in torpedoboats especially, since it can lead to insane torpedo reload times when on low hp. 

That says it all. If a ship has fast enough moving turrets I will even take it before GE.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,135 posts
8,758 battles
14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

You can make arguments for Expert Marksman for ships with slow turrets and Last Stand for DD's and some, cough cough French, cruisers. Like every skill YMMV and to me where AR is most useful in a duel situation where getting that extra broadside off can be life or death.

[OPG]
Members
3,881 posts
5,476 battles
7 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I'd never take Expert Marksman on a French CA since their turret traverse is already so good. For US cruisers its questionable which one I'd take.

While true for the earlier tiers, expert marksman is a must have on the Henri.  Even with Honore's improved EM, the Henri's turrets still can't keep up with the ship in a turn when hard maneuvering with speed boost active.  

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles

All my Cruisers have adrenaline rush .. not my DDs nor BBS 

it has been very effective... a must have skill for me

make sure you get the special Captain when they become available other than Yamamoto one thing they do is make turrets faster as of now there is American British French and upcoming is a Russian 

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You can make arguments for Expert Marksman for ships with slow turrets and Last Stand for DD's and some, cough cough French, cruisers. Like every skill YMMV and to me where AR is most useful in a duel situation where getting that extra broadside off can be life or death.

Oh of course, whatever feels best. I just believe that after the first 10 points , so you  have already picked EM or LS, when it comes to DDs and CAs thats the next best 2 point skill. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,135 posts
8,758 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Oh of course, whatever feels best. I just believe that after the first 10 points , so you  have already picked EM or LS, when it comes to DDs and CAs thats the next best 2 point skill. 

Duh, not enough coffee, I read it as the most important and missed the after 10 points. :Smile_facepalm:

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
2 hours ago, TitanicMan2 said:

Couple days ago I posted a topic about if I should take Priority Target or not and seems like I should, and I will.

Similar to Priority Target, I see it in builds a lot, but I am not aware on how effective it actually is because I never used it before. Is it a skill worth taking?

MUST READ (just this 1st paragraph is a must read...but the rest is also informative in regards to AR): I you tend to Alpha strike & get "into the rhythm" of a ships reload & don't pay attention to the color of the aiming reticle (to observe when it actually turns green) then AR is wasted. You need to pay attention to the fact that your guns are loading faster in order to fire your guns faster (in alpha strike scenarios).

If you just hold the button down & let the shells go when they are ready 1 at a time then AR is more effective but the faster ROF can put off your lead time if not taken into account when aiming.

AR is 1 of the most OP commander skills available for any ship if consciously accounted for & 1 of the most wasted skills if not.

Also...when you use Repair party the ROF decreases as your ship gains HP...this too must be accounted for or lead times may be affected (especially when aiming at far away targets).

Especially OP when on a fast ROF cruiser w/repair party (& 20% rudder shift for GTFO maneuver)...follow DD to cap & absorb lots of fire (to "charge" AR) while helping shoot down DDs & ROF increases to help finish off DD on that 1st engagement while kiting away using Repair Party (add smoke & it makes Fiji 1 of the most OP ships in the game)...& even w/out repair party Mogami's 15 barrels just becomes devastating...especially w/2 racks of torps on each side ideally designed for use while kiting away after DD is dead (all reloaded & ready to go by the time you get to next cap...rinse & repeat).

Although as mentioned by many above EM is vital for bringing those turrets around because what good is faster ROF if your guns are not in position to take advantage of it throughout all that turning.

Also very valuable on KM BBs (or any BBs) that push &/or hunt down DDs...taking a torp or 2 gives you the faster reload to finish off that DD before hydro runs out & he disappears into smoke (not to mention the already insane 2ndaries just got a little more insaner).

For basic math purposes...10 second reloads (6 rounds/minute) become 9.5 at 25% lost life/9.0 at 50% lost life/8.5 at 75% lost life/& 8.0 second reloads (7.5 rounds/minute)at 10% or less life left (x number of barrels)...for staggered volleys (front & back barrels fired separately) 10 second reloads=2-5 second reloads (average) full life...down to 2-4 second reloads at 10% or less life left.

For DDs...besides the gun reload advantage...anything that gets your torps out faster (especially but not exclusive to stealthy IJN DDs that rely on mostly torp damage...but tend to get taken down to low life at start while contesting caps)=good (but as also mentioned by others LS is a must have to insure that low life from initial engagement doesn't result in no life from initial engagement).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
3 hours ago, TitanicMan2 said:

I consider AR required on basically everything. I can't name a ship I don't use it on unless the captain isn't high skill point yet (e.g. Last Stand is more important for a DD until you have enough points for both, usually 12 for me).

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,571 posts
14,010 battles

The only ships that don't have an immediate use for AR are Carriers.  Even a Stealth DD that doesn't want to be seen, does get seen and shot up.  If they lose a lot of HP and AR is kicking, and that low HP DD is still alive, stand the fock by.  Those torpedo reloads are looking better for them.  Late game stealth DDs are at their most dangerous.

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
3 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Simple: I use it on my Yamato and Scharnhorst. 

My Scharnhorst has a 20s reload time, with Adrenaline Rush at 50% HP I get a 15s reload time. 

With my Yamato, I have a 26s reload with the reload mod, with Adrenaline Rush at 50% HP I sit at 22s reload time with those massive 18inchers. Adrenaline Rush is actually very, very good on Battleships because of their long reloads and less effective on shorter reload ships. 

~Hunter

So is the Wiki wrong then?

It says you get 0.2% reload reduction for each 1% damage. At 50% damage, that's only 10%. So Scharnhorst should only drop to 18 seconds.

Also, you're claiming a 25% reduction for Scharnhorst, but only a 19.5% reduction for Yamato at 50% HP?

[KNTAI]
Members
3,125 posts
7,509 battles

I tend to take it on all my ships. The way I see it, as an aggressive player, it helps with your DPS. It's also a placebo. Instead of being antsy that your HP is going down and you're gonna sink, you're like "hue hue hue, now I'm more dangerous and Imma sink the red botes faster!". 

• Funny 1

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

It's also useful in certain DDs, because if you get hit very hard you can stealth torp even better for the rest of the game.