You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

Premium shop...disappointing (rant)

53 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

Rant on:

Every weekend I hope for something new and interesting to spend my money on. And every week I get disappointed. Not saying the Alabama is a disappointing ship. On the contrary, it's one of my favorite battleships. But people who wanted it generally have it. And while it may be good in ranked competition, I sure don't see offering it for that reason. Why not release the Mass that is sitting on the shelf gathering dust? That would be a great way to promote the new ranked season and the ship at the same time. I am thinking the Russkies in charge of merchandising don't know their butts from a hole in the ground, as Dad used to say. And to bring back the HarryKrazy Graf Spee again is just ridiculous. Good grief...how many months has that thing been in the Premium shop as a featured ship anyway? It seems like the people in merchandising have all moved over to World of Tanks and we have a bunch of graphic artists trying to turn a WW2 warship game into outer space combat. Now we are presented with a bunch of goofy, over-priced outer space skins as some kind of big feature. So my wallet stays shut for WOWS.

• Cool 14
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[LOD_2]
Members
263 posts

You people really cant wait to throw your money out, can you?

Edited by Volga1987
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Honestly messing with how quickly ships are rotated through the shop would be nice. So far I've missed Enterprise and Roma by a day or two each, though that did lead me to the Lucky A.

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,746 battles

Its beeen four weeks since the last new ship. And much longer than the last decent one. 

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,430 posts
4,060 battles

While new premiums are exciting, Wargaming needed to take a step back before the pace of the release schedule reached terminal velocity. For a while there it seemed that we were getting two new premiums every month, which is just not a sustainable pace. Also, the SELL IT NOW attitude that WG was operating under meant that ships were making it into the game with considerable balance issues, which is terrible for game health. It's for that reason that the OP T-61 and UP Abruzzi haven't been released yet, as WG is taking their time to get those vessels right instead of just trotting them up the murder chute at the slaughterhouse. New ships will make their way to you soon, just be patient and think of the sacrifices that you make now as being investments in a better tomorrow for your collection and for the game itself. 

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,702 battles

Easy there, slow down, I do not think my port can handle another port queen premium that never gets played. :Smile_facepalm:

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles
9 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Easy there, slow down, I do not think my port can handle another port queen premium that never gets played. :Smile_facepalm:

Atago, Kaga, Enterprise, Sims, Kii, Missouri, Mutsu, there are others...

Members
728 posts
3,798 battles

Well, I got one of those "space skins" for my Minotaur.  I hadn't bought the permanent camo for it, was about to, and figured, what the heck?  I was advised to buy permanent camos for any tier 10s I intend on playing A LOT.

Well, I only HAVE 2 tier 10s:  Großer Kurfürst and the Minotaur.  I already bought a permanent camo for the GK (so, no need to get the spacey one [even if it does look cool]), and I DO play them both quite a bit.

As to premiums...  I am curious about the Z-61 and the Asashio.  But I would rather get them right, rather than right now if you know what I mean.

~Beorn

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
293 posts
7,367 battles

After some careful thinking I realized it is about timing. With the CC summit in full swing I believe that the answers will come from them. Most of us base the purchase of ships based on their opinions and that is why they are not released. There is a bigger plan in play I believe.  That is my gut feeling. 

Members
1,063 posts
6,147 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Atago, Kaga, Enterprise, Sims, Kii, Missouri, Mutsu, there are others...

I thought Atago was very competitive last ranked season.

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,737 posts
3,186 battles

The only thing more disappointing than the Weekend Premium offers, is the space event. 

~Hunter

• Cool 2

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles
58 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

I thought Atago was very competitive last ranked season.

Not for me; (I actually used Akizuki...)

Atago might as well be Furutaka for all the good I’ve done in it...

300 games, 50% wr, 30k average damage...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

While new premiums are exciting, Wargaming needed to take a step back before the pace of the release schedule reached terminal velocity. For a while there it seemed that we were getting two new premiums every month, which is just not a sustainable pace. Also, the SELL IT NOW attitude that WG was operating under meant that ships were making it into the game with considerable balance issues, which is terrible for game health. It's for that reason that the OP T-61 and UP Abruzzi haven't been released yet, as WG is taking their time to get those vessels right instead of just trotting them up the murder chute at the slaughterhouse. New ships will make their way to you soon, just be patient and think of the sacrifices that you make now as being investments in a better tomorrow for your collection and for the game itself. 

This. I'd much rather they take their time with new releases than rush them out the door and risk having them broken and/or unplayable.

Still, that shouldn't stop them from bringing back old favorites that haven't been in the shop for a while, that lots of people may have missed.

I feel like WG should put a lot more ships up in the shop than what we have... they'd probably generate far more sales that way.

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,501 battles
6 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

Got a few of those myself , I generally now wait for a report from the forum here like Mouses, it may not be a bad ship it just may not fit my playstyle,the one that has been horrible is anything American the one that is Usually great is ... Russian.. not sure why that is:Smile_glasses:

• Bad 1

Members
1,063 posts
6,147 battles
58 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not for me; (I actually used Akizuki...)

Atago might as well be Furutaka for all the good I’ve done in it...

300 games, 50% wr, 30k average damage...

With a 2nd account, I ran a 68% win rate in my Atago last ranked season in 34 matches. You have to maximize the stealth and stay at range with that ship. The Atago torps can crucify BB's and its guns are lethal to DD's as well.

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles
15 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

With a 2nd account, I ran a 68% win rate in my Atago last ranked season in 34 matches. You have to maximize the stealth and stay at range with that ship. The Atago torps can crucify BB's and its guns are lethal to DD's as well.

All of which I know, but never seem to achieve...

Go this way; whole enemy team shows up; die...

Go that way; whole enemy team goes to other side of map; accomplish nothing for most of game while trying to get close enough to be relevant again...

My tactical sense may be good, and I can read and make use of the minimap; but my strategic map sense is horrid...

...it seems like I’m never ‘in the right place at the right time’ often enough to be as influential on games as I might be...

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
8 hours ago, NotoriousRNG said:

Its beeen four weeks since the last new ship. And much longer than the last decent one. 

I just realized I haven't. Bought a premium since the Cesare. It's been 7 months! I decided to be more disciplined in what I buy from WGing if they keep rolling out trash ships and Tier 8 BB's my wallet may never open again. We still need to div up BTW.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
11 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Rant on:

Every weekend I hope for something new and interesting to spend my money on. And every week I get disappointed. Not saying the Alabama is a disappointing ship. On the contrary, it's one of my favorite battleships. But people who wanted it generally have it. And while it may be good in ranked competition, I sure don't see offering it for that reason. Why not release the Mass that is sitting on the shelf gathering dust? That would be a great way to promote the new ranked season and the ship at the same time. I am thinking the Russkies in charge of merchandising don't know their butts from a hole in the ground, as Dad used to say. And to bring back the HarryKrazy Graf Spee again is just ridiculous. Good grief...how many months has that thing been in the Premium shop as a featured ship anyway? It seems like the people in merchandising have all moved over to World of Tanks and we have a bunch of graphic artists trying to turn a WW2 warship game into outer space combat. Now we are presented with a bunch of goofy, over-priced outer space skins as some kind of big feature. So my wallet stays shut for WOWS.

T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61! T-61!!!!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

Devs have stated recently that there are no plans to release her anytime soon. She’s just too similar to Bama. So I would just stop getting your hopes up.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
12 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

. And to bring back the HarryKrazy Graf Spee again is just ridiculous. 

That's a yearlong, maybe even 18 months (don't remember when it started) promotion that ends in August of 2018.  You'll see the HSF Graf Spee and Harekaze on the store till some time in August.  

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
24 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Devs have stated recently that there are no plans to release her anytime soon. She’s just too similar to Bama. So I would just stop getting your hopes up.

Well, yeah, she is a sister ship to Bama.  South Dakota, Indiana, Massachusetts, and Alabama is the whole class.  

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

Well, yeah, she is a sister ship to Bama.  South Dakota, Indiana, Massachusetts, and Alabama is the whole class.  

I know. Which is why they’re in no hurry to release her.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

I know. Which is why they’re in no hurry to release her.

I know I quoted you, but I wasn't really replying to you.  More amplifying your post rather than 'replying to' you.  It all works. :Smile_coin: