You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
heven93

Tier X for ranked ship suggestion

8 comments in this topic

[CDN]
Members
5 posts
3,601 battles

Hi all, with ranked season 9 starting soon-ish, I was wondering which tier 10 ship is best to buy? Limited on silver and I happen to have a bunch of ready to buy and grind Tier 8's and a couple Tier 10's ready to buy. The Tier 10's are the Des Moines, Montana, and Hindenburg. I can't really decide from the line because I really enjoyed their Tier 9 counterparts, but I may lean towards the Des Moines since I had an opportunity to try it out in Space Battles. Although, it did have a preset modification layout (I think) so it's possible that mine might not even have same stats and such.

Just to give you some kind of an idea for the captain builds.

Thanks in advance :Smile_Default:

Edited by heven93

[NOOOB]
Members
1,438 posts
12,053 battles

Montana would be my choice, think there will be lots oh dms and go for something with a big alpha strike

Members
587 posts

Des Radar -Hydro or AA Moins. 

Check out Warships Today stats. 

1. Des Moins

2. Hindenburg 

3. Take yoga class

4. Montana

I own all three ships but have not taken a yoga class....

Members
100 posts
7,827 battles

All three are good and excel in specific roles.

DM: Spotting support, mid-range dpm, aa defense

Hindi: Frontline enforcer, close-quarters brawler, general muscle

Montana: Mid-range brawler, great aa, monster at pushing with proper support, 12x bb ap deletion  

Edited by Xantek

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles

For what it's worth, be aware that, to the best of my knowledge, there are no limitations on people bringing tier 10 CVs to Ranked Battles (well, other than no more than 1 per team, of course).  So a ship with weak AA may find itself in a world of hurt if there happens to be a CV in that battle.  

It's too soon to tell how many CV players will show up, but it just might cause the Gearing and Grozovoi (with AA builds, of course) to be popular DDs to bring to ranked.  I think that it's probably a sure thing that if CVs are common in tier 10 ranked, you'll be seeing a LOT of strong AA ships of all types.  Montana's, De Moines', Gearing's, Grozovoi's, and so on.

Heck, if we start seeing a lot of GZ's and Enterprises in the tier 8 RkB's, I expect to see plenty of the stronger AA ships at tier 8 as well, like Kidd's, New Orleans', NC's, Alabama's, etc.

[VW]
Members
1,830 posts
12,276 battles

Very USN centric. I would expect the meta to transfer. Tier 10 asian radar dd, GK, z52 etc. what do you think?

[CDN]
Members
5 posts
3,601 battles
1 hour ago, Panzer1113 said:

Montana would be my choice, think there will be lots oh dms and go for something with a big alpha strike

What the Des Moines and Hindenburg lack in first strike damage, they definitely make up for it in DPM. I'm honestly expecting dd's to have a pretty major part in this season, especially in the Tier X portion so either the radar or hydro would be a massive help 

4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, be aware that, to the best of my knowledge, there are no limitations on people bringing tier 10 CVs to Ranked Battles (well, other than no more than 1 per team, of course).  So a ship with weak AA may find itself in a world of hurt if there happens to be a CV in that battle.  

It's too soon to tell how many CV players will show up, but it just might cause the Gearing and Grozovoi (with AA builds, of course) to be popular DDs to bring to ranked.  I think that it's probably a sure thing that if CVs are common in tier 10 ranked, you'll be seeing a LOT of strong AA ships of all types.  Montana's, De Moines', Gearing's, Grozovoi's, and so on.

Heck, if we start seeing a lot of GZ's and Enterprises in the tier 8 RkB's, I expect to see plenty of the stronger AA ships at tier 8 as well, like Kidd's, New Orleans', NC's, Alabama's, etc.

All three of my options already have good AA from what I can tell which would just be improved further by my captain skills. Spotting ability might take priority on the list for me

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
49 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Very USN centric. I would expect the meta to transfer. Tier 10 asian radar dd, GK, z52 etc. what do you think?

I personally think that the choices will be very much dictated by how common tier 10 CV are.  If they're not common, then almost anything goes.  If CVs do end up being common, then I think that ships with strong AA will be far more popular.

That said, there will be certain ships that are so good that they'd be popular regardless.  The Montana and DM, for starters.

I'm not sure how well the Conqueror will do in ranked, even without CVs around.  The lack of a reliably accurate alpha strike may be its downside.  And I'm not sure if its ability to make the world burn is a good enough strength to make her worth using.  OTOH, if there's a lot of bow tanking BB fighting, having a Conqueror around might be just the ticket.  Sort of like an HE spamming cruiser, just with a lot more armor.