You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

Reddit: "New shells are added to the client. Maybe USSR BBs are coming?"

25 comments in this topic

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

Someone at Reddit datamined the PT version of the game, finding some things of interest.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
5 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

These could also be shells for Italian BBs 

I haven't dug too far into the posting, but one of the first replies there did link a Navweaps page where the 406mm 1937 guns would be for the Sovetsky Soyuz.

[DRACS]
Supertester
725 posts
12,057 battles

Uuummmmm

Members
1,513 posts
7,988 battles

Hey

Hopefully they won't be some premium, doubloon purchasing super ammo.  Alleged "pay to win" style that we see in many games (WOT).

Pete

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
2 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Hopefully they won't be some premium, doubloon purchasing super ammo.  Alleged "pay to win" style that we see in many games (WOT).

Pete

That's WoT, what goes in WoWS is nothing at all like over there.  Everything I hear of WoT is a horror storry.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KEGEL]
Members
101 posts
5,154 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's WoT, what goes in WoWS is nothing at all like over there.  Everything I hear of WoT is a horror storry.

'Gold ammo' or the massive credit cost for the 'Premium ammo' is being phased out in the next patch or two. 

The ammo (AP, APCR, HEAT, HESH, etc) will cost roughly the same but be balanced on attributes instead.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

I mean seeing as the Borodino is coming soon, this would make sense. I hope not though, a Russian tree would need to be full of fantasy and paper ships and while the French tree could have done largely without this, don't think the Russian tree can. Think it would be best for the Russians to keep getting random OP premiums that people will inherently complain about. Can kind of be like a national flavor. Think the Italians should get the sixth and final BB tech tree. But yeah regardless if they plan to shoehorn in a Russian tree at some point, there's not many tree possibilities left and we just got the French a few months back, they need to give it some time, occasional BB premium will be fine for the indefinite future, maybe do pre dreadnoughts or a T4 or T5 Hapsburg BB. 

Edited by Aristotle83

[LEGIO]
Members
2,964 posts
5,370 battles

Looks like the Russian 18" guns are shaping up to be the best in the game, look at those air-drag numbers.

[REVY]
Members
6,027 posts
5,102 battles
20 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Looks like the Russian 18" guns are shaping up to be the best in the game, look at those air-drag numbers.

Comrade Captain, even the oppression of the atmosphere will give way to the spirit of the worker's revolution!

• Funny 1

[DOG]
Members
391 posts
5,611 battles
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

They're going to be a new gun module option on the Khabarovsk.    Don't worry, though.  The reload time will be 7 seconds, and they'll nerf the detection range to 10.1 km to balance it out.:cap_old:

Members
1,513 posts
7,988 battles

Hey 

Has anyone seen any info on possible paper Russian BB's that could be used in a future Russian BB line?  There was no real WW2 designs past T5 that I know of.

Pete

Members
2,218 posts
4,051 battles
On 4/15/2018 at 7:15 PM, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Apparently there is more than one way to get anti ship missiles in the game, lol

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
23 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey 

Has anyone seen any info on possible paper Russian BB's that could be used in a future Russian BB line?  There was no real WW2 designs past T5 that I know of.

Pete

Sovetsky Soyuz-class BBs.  The Russians actually were building 4 of them but construction problems and "Operation Barbarossa" happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovetsky_Soyuz-class_battleship

I deride paper ships, but the Soviets were at least constructing these.  These were not paper napkin designs.

It also seems the guns for this class are among those in the datamined guns in the initial post.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
170 posts
7,690 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I deride paper ships, but the Soviets were at least constructing these.  These were not paper napkin designs.

I'm kinda psyched for the addition of this class. The belt armor scheme was developed with a "bow tanking" mentality. ( I hope the WG communications people release lots of written history directly taken from Russian sources since I don't know jack about these Russian battlewagons. Apart from the nicely paraphrased sections of McLaughlin on wikipedia all I've seen are snippets on "standalone" systems like the main battery and propulsion units.)   

Soyuz_Hull.jpg

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
448 posts
3,380 battles

Did the Russians even have enough different types of BBs to flesh out a tech tree or is it going to be mostly what if?

[MOOW]
Members
200 posts
14,778 battles
12 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Did the Russians even have enough different types of BBs to flesh out a tech tree or is it going to be mostly what if?

they had a few paper napkin ones..

[--1--]
Members
156 posts
2,520 battles

If freaking Russian BB's are added before RN CV's and DD's which the RN should've had along time ago while like 3 Russian BB's were made i'm actually gonna commit seppuku ik you're cancerous WG but please don't be THIS bad.

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
42 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

If freaking Russian BB's are added before RN CV's and DD's which the RN should've had along time ago while like 3 Russian BB's were made i'm actually gonna commit seppuku ik you're cancerous WG but please don't be THIS bad.

Considering that we won't be getting another CV line before the rework,  I'd say we won't be getting RN CV's til next year at the earliest.  RN DD's though,  those are possible.

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
On 4/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Someone at Reddit datamined the PT version of the game, finding some things of interest.

OMG! [edited] this fire chance! Just [edited] it! Another line of HE-spamming monstrosities?

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
11 hours ago, geser98 said:

OMG! [edited] this fire chance! Just [edited] it! Another line of HE-spamming monstrosities?

You realize 41% is pretty much inline with other BB fire chances?  Have you checked up on the fire chances of BBs outside of Conqueror at Tier VIII-X?

Besides, I'm not worried about the fire chance.  I know how to deal with fires even without a Survival Build.