You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

UNIQUE PREMIUM CRUISERS--THE CHALLENGE

14 comments in this topic

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles

Premiums ships at their best are unique beasts unto themselves, not just a cloned tech tree equivalent with some added frills. For a collector these ships are gold: whether I do well on them or not, I don't care. these are must-have ships in my fleet. Here are a few of my favourite premium cruisers:

ATAGO

For myself the most beautiful ship in the game with all sorts of options. Hard to master and play well she is a a gem. Perhaps the best multi-purpose heavy cruiser in WW II. Atago, you lift my spirits whenever I see you in battle:

Spoiler

Atago.jpg.0aff2f716f041fe60d0ebbac9088b516.jpg

GRAF SPEE

Another very unique ship that can hammer other cruisers and even BBs but tricky to play well. Again, one of the most beautiful ships in the game. Graf Spee you earned the epithet "pocket battleship":

Spoiler

5ad14752cbcc1_GrafSpee.jpg.3529a78634e4f28028cdbebab294f3dd.jpg

BELFAST

Another tricky ship to master she is a Swiss army knife of potentialities. Nowhere near as pretty as the previous two but perhaps the most unique ship in the game. Belfast you stalwart:

Spoiler

Belfast.jpg.d8df9ee21c0b5b5461abf64027999fc2.jpg

MOLOTOV

This fragile barracuda has a glass jaw and can't take hits at all, but wiggle around radically and fire off slashing flat-trajectory hits and she can turn a battle. Lethal thy name is Molotov:

Spoiler

Molotov.jpg.83e0f93be2f388c1606c00558c0005a8.jpg

All of them unique and highly recommended for that alone. All of the above demand a unique play-style to master. Feel free to comment on them. They are all keepers for me. You could water-board me and I would never sell them.

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 3

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,550 battles

All great picks.  Atago was my first, blue camo scheme is the best.  Also love seeing Atago on the other team, so easy to citadel

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles

Where is "The Challenge" part?

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles

Oh, if you want 'challenging', you will appreciate Huanghe.

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,019 battles

Dislike, outright hate, or can’t get to work worth a large rodent’s backside any of the four.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

You forgot HMAS Perth, the closest ship to a "Submarine" thanks to it's Unique Smoke ability. 

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
7,971 battles

Atago - I have Takao which is similar/the same and I love the ability to stealth torp as a cruiser :cap_haloween:

Spee - When I'm not the only tier 6 and on my game - oh how I love the torps and BB guns

Belfast - My only real issue with it is that big Union Jack on the turret. Though against it, the broken radar is a pain. And the smoke fire nerf, made it a bit trickier. Otherwise - to quote Ronald from "Backdraft" - "Burn it all" (laughing).

Molotov - Don't have one yet, but there's a reason when facing one I use expletives in front of Molotov Cocktail, except when I nuke them.

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles
12 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

You forgot HMAS Perth, the closest ship to a "Submarine" thanks to it's Unique Smoke ability. 

I didn't forget, I've never played it. I'll have a closer look at her thanks.

Members
2,274 posts
7,347 battles

I have Atago, Graf Spee and Molotov, all great ships and deadly when well played.

Atago is probably the best of them (tier for tier) is one of the best cruisers in the game, she only lacks good AA to be complete (and probably OP). 

I would add Kutuzov to the list.

• Cool 1

Members
3,642 posts
13,487 battles
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:32 AM, Xlap said:

I would add Kutuzov to the list.

Kutu has a reputation as a damn good ship but I cant seem to master her. I do mediocre at best when driving Kutu. :Smile_sad:

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, MrDeaf said:

Oh, if you want 'challenging', you will appreciate Huanghe.

Huang aint a really bad ship. If you have Perth, it's easy to get the hang of fighting Huang well. I love her guns and I wish I could mount guns like those on Perth.

Edited by ReddNekk

[WORX]
Members
1,645 posts
12,703 battles

um guys I would put the ATLANTA as fun but hard to master premium CL category. She will start fire, hug islands, arch shells like a boss. But you gave your figure to a BB or a cruiser at anything less then 8mi, You're deleted in a heart beat. I still love the ATL, she is fun as hell. The KUTUZOV is a annoying ship for BBs especially the MO. MO drivers Hate the kutuzov when I drive her. Its because of these two ships I became a pyro. Cheers !

Edited by Navalpride33

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles

It's fun to note Molotov in real life, was The Minister of Foreign Affairs to Russia.  This is the first thing, that came to my mind after reading The Last Lion. Some good moments between Molotov and Churchill are in that book worth reading 10/10. Anyway my favorite cruiser out of these is Molotov for being the only cruiser with 182mm guns at tier 6 and being fun to play around with. 

Members
1,512 posts
7,967 battles

Hey

I would add the Indianapolis in there too.  She has good gun but very louisy ability to stay in a fight and gets deleted quickly.  No amount of angling with save her; yeah she has radar but normally you will die before it becomes useful, unless you want to camp most of the map, which I do not.  I love the Molotov, Belfast is great if you don't screw up, Atago is the best all round performer, Prinz Eugen is decent, average with the new buff's, and I simply love my Graf Spee, with Kutuzov I tend to be hot and cold, very good games or garbage.  Oh, and Perth for me is nothing but a port queen due to it's garbage gun range, it's just not an enjoyable ship.  Can't speak for the Duca as I don't have it.  

Pete