You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Tier 1 ... it's what I've been saying it is.

36 comments in this topic

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

The amount of grief I've taken by commending Tier 1 play is astounding. Well, here's some Warships teen idol named Flambass that titled his vid WITHOUT any input from me (this is EU server play):

As I've said many times...

PPevp0H.png

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

The bad thing is, there are prolly more competent players at T1 than T10. :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,126 posts
8,741 battles
Just now, Wulfgarn said:

The bad thing is, there are prolly more competent players at T1 than T10. :cap_fainting:

I wouldn't say that but mistakes are easier to overcome in tier 1. In tier 10 mistakes are often fatal.

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

Someone the other day posted the stats of some player who had thousands of battles, a unicum, only playing tier I. Seriously, I slapped my forehead.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
39 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

The amount of grief I've taken by commending Tier 1 play is astounding.

I wouldn't give you any grief just because you prefer the simplicity of Tier 1 play.  Similarly, I wouldn't grief anyone for being a Co-op main.

Some people grief on you out of an air of superiority, which is childish.  A few give you grief because you have, at times, professed some manner of expertise because of your mastery of Tier 1.  I tend to agree that guides for Tier 1 play seem a bit silly, but hey, to each his own!  You do you.

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Someone the other day posted the stats of some player who had thousands of battles, a unicum, only playing tier I. Seriously, I slapped my forehead.

That player's name is...

...theLaalaa.  Seriously.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Pretty sure that video was made with irony in mind.

• Cool 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

if it's so great, why do you always feel the need to come on to the forums and defend it?

T1 is boring. way too slow. every shell penetrates. there are no tactics other than focus fire and don't be at the front.

you're in a nascar parking lot yelling about how bumper cars is better. you're not going to get the best results.

side note: did you even watch the video? the title is irony, and the 'teammates' he's referring to is his division, who ran away while he was taking fire and shot at each other. he's sharing it for laughs, not to convince everyone that the new meta is T1.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
7 minutes ago, X15 said:

Pretty sure that video was made with irony in mind.

Rm3cQmX.gif

KTBxtJ5.jpg

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,162 battles

OP demands a tier 1 version of the Asahio - gets it - immediately demands refund since it can't hit cruisers!

• Funny 2

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts

I love the lower tier games... sadly, at T1 when you've got a team of absolute n00bs... its a case of teaching them while defending them....

I got more kills from trying to keep the n00bs afloat so they would keep on playing, its not funny. I always tell them to go back to Co-Op till they learn.....

but then... the higher the tiers.... the more I suck. I think I just love the OLD ships more... the St. Louis is one of the best, as is the Dresden.

The OP is a legend in my book. :)

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts
45 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

if it's so great, why do you always feel the need to come on to the forums and defend it?

T1 is boring. way too slow. every shell penetrates. there are no tactics other than focus fire and don't be at the front.

you're in a nascar parking lot yelling about how bumper cars is better. you're not going to get the best results.

side note: did you even watch the video? the title is irony, and the 'teammates' he's referring to is his division, who ran away while he was taking fire and shot at each other. he's sharing it for laughs, not to convince everyone that the new meta is T1.

Really? Boring? wow. BTW, they played T1 because its BAD [edited]... as it says it the title. I have had more fun in the lower tiers than in the higher ones, why? if you can master T1 with only a few guns and no repair mod or anything else, then you can truly say you ARE a master. What good is a T7+ ship with its complicated guns and torpedoes and spotter planes ..... when in the blink of an eye.... you can either be killed or kill.... yes, you might call that fun.... but like it the video.... they were having fun... from start to finish, it was fun... time to talk... in chat... time to plan... time to unwind.... a time to FIGHT.... and eventually...a time to die....

If you're happier on the higher tiers.... then fine... I see so many posts from people saying the higher Tiers are fun.... and when a post like this comes along, you won't allow him his opinion, you make fun of him... why? Its the same game.... if he enjoys it, GOOD, let him have his fun. He lets you have your fun. :)

• Cool 1

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightShamalan said:

I generally come to the forums and suggest Tier 1 for those players that have awakened to the emptiness of the grind and/or the frustrations that come from inequities at higher tiers. I chime in to give them a viable option to continue to play the game rather than quit. When I speak of the competitiveness of the arena, then the hordes of uniformeds flood in with their single-digit IQ's Tier 1 experiences contradicting me with thousands of games in the tier.

As for tactics, I use them constantly at Tier 1. I usually work alone and am at the front, though almost never in open water. If you want education in Tier 1 tactics, I have and "education" playlist for the particular way I play my boat at this tier.

Yes, I watched the vid. I even read the description that said they divisioned to run the tiers and win every game. Did you watch the vid and see how these Rank 1 players died to unranked players. That's what I mean by "highly competitive." There was no walk-over, but a skin-of-the-teeth win.

Perhaps he wasn't sharing it to "convince everyone that the new meta is T1" but it is a vid of some ace players dying under the guns of some non-descript Tier 1 'navy seals.'

Oh, and as for the lie that goes: "theLaalaa only plays Tier 1." Do take a peek at the truth rather than show your ignorance in repeating that mantra: https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1015458619-theLaalaa/!/pvp/ships/?bestShip=black_20swan

Edited by theLaalaa

Members
52 posts
5,872 battles
8 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I generally come to the forums and suggest Tier 1 for those players that have awakened to the emptiness of the grind and/or the frustrations that come from inequities at higher tiers. I chime in to give them a viable option to continue to play the game rather than quit. When I speak of the competitiveness of the arena, then the hordes of uniformeds flood in with their single-digit IQ's Tier 1 experiences contradicting me with thousands of games in the tier.

As for tactics, I use them constantly at Tier 1. I usually work alone and am at the front, though almost never in open water. If you want education in Tier 1 tactics, I have and "education" playlist for the particular way I play my boat at this tier.

Yes, I watched the vid. I even read the description that said they divisioned to run the tiers and win every game. Did you watch the vid and see how these Rank 1 players died to unranked players. That's what I mean by "highly competitive." There was no walk-over, but a skin-of-the-teeth win.

Perhaps he wasn't sharing it to "convince everyone that the new meta is T1" but it is a vid of some ace players dying under the guns of some non-descript Tier 1 'navy seals.'

I would think if you gave that division a week at playing t1 you would see a different result. It's apples and oranges frankly. Everyone should just play what they enjoy. 

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles
6 minutes ago, AshySlashyAshySlashy said:

I would think if you gave that division a week at playing t1 you would see a different result. It's apples and oranges frankly.

This may well be true. I have said on several occasions that high-tier players can't just jump in a Tier 1 boat and clean up using their Shimi or Yamato experiences. It's Warships, but not like any other Warships. It's well and truly its own game.

6 minutes ago, AshySlashyAshySlashy said:

Everyone should just play what they enjoy. 

Yes, of course. Again, as I've said so often, when playing Warships seems more chore than joy, then perhaps one should come back to where one first fell in love with the game. The fast-paced excitement is still there in Tier 1.

Edited by theLaalaa

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,886 battles

Black Swan: the Minotaur's Mini-Me.

Sadly, I simply ran out of room in my port. One of these days I will have to make a harsh decision or two, or maybe score a port slot in a container, and then I will have her back again.

Members
1,228 posts
20,563 battles
34 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

What good is a T7+ ship with its complicated guns and torpedoes and spotter planes ..... when in the blink of an eye.... you can either be killed or kill....

T7 is the sweet spot.  You can play really aggressively and make a mistake or two and not die or get wrecked.   T9 and T10 is more standoffish and see what happens, maybe wait for someone on the other team to straggle or commit.   But T7 is awesome, and there's not THAT much to keep track of.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
26 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Yes, of course. Again, as I've said so often, when playing Warships seems more chore than joy, then perhaps one should come back to where one first fell in love with the game. The fast-paced excitement is still there in Tier 1.

Overall the WOWS condition summed up. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
37 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Well, when lots of people are more interested than telling how others should play than playing themselves...it's time to grow your ignore list a bit.

One thing I did not come to Warships to do was play the game that someone else told me to or that I read in a guide.  That's not to say I don't try to win, because I do try to win, but, I'm not going to slavishly follow someone's instructions in how to make the game feel like a job.  I already have a job, and they pay me to do it.  I don't think WG's going to pay me that much.

As well, for the people who say "Well, you must play this way, or else you're letting other people in your team down!"...I'll play it exactly your way, as soon as you pay me.  Otherwise, I'll learn and go forward in my own way, in a way that I enjoy.   

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
523 posts
2 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

T7 is the sweet spot.  You can play really aggressively and make a mistake or two and not die or get wrecked.   T9 and T10 is more standoffish and see what happens, maybe wait for someone on the other team to straggle or commit.   But T7 is awesome, and there's not THAT much to keep track of.

Oh I agree totally. Sort of. It depends on the mood I'm in. If I want a nice quiet bit of fun, the lower tiers... but if I feel like a major fight in me, the higher tiers.

But to just have guns to worry about without torpedoes or bombers or torpedo planes... then T1 is perfect. :)

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

Unless you're being tongue in cheek, your inability to comprehend satire from Flambass' video title makes me concerned about your reading comprehension.