You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Several patches, still no way to turn off idiotic emblems

62 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,411 posts
25,260 battles

Several patches now, but still no way to turn them off. I don't want to see them, and I don't want other players to be bothered by mine.

It's harder to think of a bigger waste of time then a complicated system which no one needed or asked for, that adds nothing to gameplay, has only a negative effect on the social atmosphere, and occasionally has a negative effect on the  game.

When are we getting a button to stop seeing that? It's been several patches. It has been repeatedly asked for. 

A simple solution might be a transparent emblem as a placeholder

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 18
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Members
333 posts
5 battles

Either mod them out or quit the game, considering they just had a mission to give out ALOT of patch parts, they aren't going to get rid of them. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
8,809 posts

Just use the mod to remove them. They even added a new service which keeps the mods current each patch.

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Aslains Dogtag remover

THIS. Plus lots of other nice options.

Members
9,863 posts
7 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Several patches now, but still no way to turn them off. I don't want to see them, and I don't want other players to be bothered by mine.

It's harder to think of a bigger waste of time then a complicated system which no one needed or asked for, that adds nothing to gameplay, has only a negative effect on the social atmosphere, and occasionally has a negative effect on the  game.

When are we getting a button to stop seeing that? It's been several patches. It has been repeatedly asked for. 

Everything they've done over the past couple years is about forcing the player base to be more competitive, serious players. They rightly believe that these players will spend more money.

The problem with this is most players are not going to have a company dictate to them how they want to play a game, which is why they continually struggle with retention.....

Guess it's the only game plan they believe can keep them in vodka.... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

I play a lot and they don't bother me in the least.  In fact I rather like them.  What's with the drama?

• Cool 7
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,324 battles

I just thought of a bigger waste of time! Crying about this trivial thing over an over, I don't even notice them, are you that salty that you stew over a stupid [edited]patch when you get sunk?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,576 posts
3,901 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Aslains Dogtag remover

And I use that, but I shouldn't have to.  Emblems/Patches are cosmetic content.  All other cosmetic content in the game comes with the option to turn it off.  Space Battles came with the option to turn it off on day 1.

Why is this the exception?

1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

I play a lot and they don't bother me in the least.  In fact I rather like them.  What's with the drama?

That's fine.  I'm glad you like them.  Nobody is asking to have them removed from the game.  Some of us don't like them and would rather have the option to turn them off.

Wow.  Way to downvote me for supporting more options in the game!  You must be so proud.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Beta Testers
463 posts
8,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I just thought of a bigger waste of time! Crying about this trivial thing over an over, I don't even notice them, are you that salty that you stew over a stupid [edited]patch when you get sunk?

Yeah... its this. 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Fishrokk said:

And I use that, but I shouldn't have to.  Emblems/Patches are cosmetic content.  All other cosmetic content in the game comes with the option to turn it off.  Space Battles came with the option to turn it off on day 1.

Why is this the exception?

It is someones Pet Project {probably one of the owners son/daughter}

• Cool 1

Members
9,863 posts

Only in a game forum do you see people defending lazy programming and lack of options for a diverse customer base, simply because they don't mind it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Don't care one way or the other, but I can at least see how it might bother some players...

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Only in a game forum do you see people defending lazy programming and lack of options for a diverse customer base, simply because they don't mind it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Don't care one way or the other, but I can at least see how it might bother some players...

200.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I forget -- did WG associate BOTs with patches too?  I mean if you get kilt in PvE does the BoT have shiny stinking badges. 

And just cause this vid absolutely has to get posted every time a badges thread crops up on this form.... 

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,992 battles
17 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They don't bother me it's just that they are silly, childish and look amateurish graphically as well as providing absolutely no value therefore I do not wish to see them.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles
31 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Everything they've done over the past couple years is about forcing the player base to be more competitive, serious players. They rightly believe that these players will spend more money.

When "features" annoy people, they could stop playing the game. And folks who don't play, don't spend $$$$ on the game. I wonder when/if WG will finally realize that.

And players cannot be forced to do something in a game that they don't like or enjoy. They'll likely look for something to play that aint annoying and therefore more fun.

• Cool 2

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles
24 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

When "features" annoy people, they could stop playing the game. And folks who don't play, don't spend $$$$ on the game. I wonder when/if WG will finally realize that.

And players cannot be forced to do something in a game that they don't like or enjoy. They'll likely look for something to play that aint annoying and therefore more fun.

I suppose my annoyance level is relatively minor; the bloody (redacted) collision and fire/flooding alarms annoy me more.

For the record; I’ve collected quite a number of the badge-related materials, but have still left up only the shield and anchor basic patch. I kind of like one of the shark emblems, but it’s not Greg Norman-y enough for me, so I’ve not changed anything.

[INTEL]
Members
8,411 posts
25,260 battles
17 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

If it is not a problem for you, why are you crying about the many others for whom these stupid patches are a problem? Are you that salty that you stew over whether or not other people can see patches? 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,411 posts
25,260 battles
17 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Aslains Dogtag remover

Explain how I can use that to prevent others from seeing my patches.

[FDK]
Members
1,070 posts
6,025 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

..... Meh.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,174 battles

The thing that REALLY gets me going about badges, are the people that are too damn lazy to change from the default badge!

I want to see some variety and ingenuity from the player that was good enough to end my game, not that boring default badge!  Hopefully it's a snazzy octopus cruiser commander emblem, heck even some of the funky space battles badges, but the default badge is a real DEBBIE DOWNER for me .....

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,411 posts
25,260 battles
16 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

The thing that REALLY gets me going about badges, are the people that are too damn lazy to change from the default badge!

I want to see some variety and ingenuity from the player that was good enough to end my game, not that boring default badge!  Hopefully it's a snazzy octopus cruiser commander emblem, heck even some of the funky space battles badges, but the default badge is a real DEBBIE DOWNER for me .....

Many of them aren't lazy. They just don't see any point in devoting effort to a game system that has zero benefit for gameplay, grinding, or anything else that players need to do.

Members
96 posts
4,351 battles
57 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

They don't bother me it's just that they are silly, childish and look amateurish graphically as well as providing absolutely no value therefore I do not wish to see them.

I fail to see how they are childish...but...i have to say that gaming in general kinda has to do with you know...not being an adult xD kind of an oxymoron there? O_O

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Explain how I can use that to prevent others from seeing my patches.

Do you see it when they Die?

How would you know it isn't blocked as well?

Even if its not,why would you care?

Some players like it.

Those who don't can also use Aslains Dogtag remover.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1