You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

HAREKAZE sale

24 comments in this topic

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

Up to you. I enjoy Harekaze with the 100mm AP. Harekaze with 5" is fine but I find they get knocked out easier. Harekaze with 127mm is what you would expect.

High.School.Fleet.full.2001501.jpg

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

I think it's a great little ship, 5.4 detection, 10k torps if you want, 4s reload on the pew pews.. you can't go wrong.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,521 posts
24,610 battles

Wait for Asashio!

There are several Tier 8 DDs better than Harekaze. Benson, Kidd, Lo Yang, Akizuki, Hsienyang and Kagero for starters. 

The OP did not say the ship was for a Ranked Battles. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts

The two could not be further apart.

Harekaze is an extremely versatile destroyer who's loadout can be changed in port at will to fit different profiles. She makes for an amazing captain trainer that can be used to not only train the regular IJN DD line, but also train up the Akizuki line, each with different captain needs.

Asashio is a hyper specialized DD that is mostly useless EXCEPT against battleships for which she is an absolute unholy terror from their worst nightmares.

• Cool 2

Members
2,078 posts

I have 88% ranked win rate with it. Best all around JP DD. Only bad thing is T8... You'll be seeing a lot of higher tier DD's.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
938 posts
8,749 battles

Tricky Dicky,

I think the Harekaze would be the better overall option. Her torpedoes can kill anything and she can be effective gunboat. Asashio can’t do either of those things; she is a one trick pony.

[HEROS]
Members
1,400 posts
11,820 battles

Harekaze is not about being best.  It's about versatility.  It's up to YOU to make her best.  And she's one of the most nicely balanced premiums in this game.

What it is:

It's a kagero hull  with exactly 4 single mount 25mm manually operated AA guns.. ie: crap slightly faster, with slightly less HP.

it's real AA is long range in the form of the IJN DP type 127's (bad), the IJN 100mm's (good!) and the US single mount 5"/45's (also good)   Her strength is the exact same torpedo's as the Kagero (Torpedo reload booster is availible) coupled with those 100 mm fire every 3 seconds 100mm's or the fast firing if only 3 guns tubes US 5".  The the IJN 127's are the same guns on the Kagero.. If your going to run Kagero guns, run the Kagero.  There are 2 much better choices for this ship.

She's not stronger or better then the other tier VIII ijn ships, nor is she worse.. they all have particular and specific strengths and weaknesses.  It's is how ever a solid ride and a lot of fun to drive and if you've a good commander setup and are a good shot she will do a number on her tier VIII couter parts.  She also make and utterly excellent Hunter DD.   You really do not want to be the Benson or Z this ship catches sleeping.

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,061 battles

One of my better premium purchases, love being able to change out guns, and train IFHE or conventional IJN captains. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,316 posts
3,668 battles

I guess it also depends on whether you are planning to use the ship for Ranked as well. Afaik while good, I think the better premium choices there are Lo Yang or Kidd.

[WOLF7]
Members
125 posts
3,132 battles

I bought onde last Seasons and didnt like at all. Maybe because i didnt have a cpt skilled enough. With the 100 mm Guns she hás the same problem as the Akizuki, depends a Lot on IFHE. If u have a cpt with at least 14 pts, Go for It.

Members
842 posts

Also, it is NOT a sure thing that Asashio  is coming, let alone in the format it is now in.  The large number of Community Contributors and Testers seem to think it's a Bad Thing, so I would take that as a pretty high likelihood that it gets noticeably altered (or even just shelved, a la the Z-61).

Buy the Harekaze now if you think it's a good deal, and you'd have fun in it. Don't try to compare it to Vaporware - that's just a losing proposition every time, to compare the value of something concrete with something that doesn't even exist yet (or may not exist at all).

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
2 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I am wondering if I shall buy HAREKAZE at $38 sale price.

I heard Asashio is coming.

It's a Kagero with 75% of Akizuki's guns. It's already better than Asashio. Also, cat camo and cat captain ftw :cap_viking:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,193 battles
3 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Get it! Akizuki guns best in class concealment can equip torp reload. I find this ship to be one of the best in the game. Also in light of the up coming new tier 9 and 10 IJN DD's Herekaze is the ideal captain trainer for them. 

Also get the Asashio for it's Niche play fun factor.

For me the clear answer is both.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,903 posts
3,292 battles

from the look of the ranked edition: it doesn't come with a second permanent camo, like the full price one does. Also only comes with a 6-point captain rather than 8-point... though either way, needs work getting to 10-points.

But I do have one question: what kind of rewards would these ranked missions give?

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,688 battles
28 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

from the look of the ranked edition: it doesn't come with a second permanent camo, like the full price one does. Also only comes with a 6-point captain rather than 8-point... though either way, needs work getting to 10-points.

But I do have one question: what kind of rewards would these ranked missions give?

From the article:

Mission: 
Harekaze in Ranked

Capture two points, or assist in the capture of two points, in a single battle you win

Unlocked via Bundles Above
Repeatable 10 Times

Battle Restriction: 
Ranked Battles S9 879a4364-576e-11e7-857f-d89d6715223c.png 
Ship Restriction:
flag_Japan.png premium.png VIII HSF Harekaze 
flag_Japan.png normal.png X Shimakaze  

Reward

2x "Sierra Mike" flags 8e7cdcde-bb40-11e6-8046-d89d6715223c.png
2x "Juliet Charlie" flags ebab91ac-3f86-11e5-a922-000c29ca62ad.png
5x Engine Boost II e1fedc1c-568e-11e5-a4d7-000c29ca62ad.png
5x Damage Control Party II 851dccec-bb4b-11e6-a2a3-d89d6715223c.png

Mission: 
Prinz Eugen in Ranked

Place among the Top 3 XP earners in a single battle you win

Repeatable 10 Times

Battle Restriction: 
Ship Restriction:
flag_Germany.png premium.png VIII Prinz Eugen 
flag_Germany.png normal.png X Hindenburg  

Reward

2x "Sierra Mike" flags 8e7cdcde-bb40-11e6-8046-d89d6715223c.png
2x "November Foxtrot" flags fea02dc0-a27f-11e5-afd2-000c29ca62ad.png
5x Hydroacoustic Search II e204ded2-568e-11e5-a4d7-000c29ca62ad.png

Mission: 
Alabama in Ranked

Endure 1,500,000 potential damage in a single battle you win.

Repeatable 10 Times

Battle Restriction: 
Ship Restriction:
flag_USA.png premium.png VIII Alabama 
flag_USA.png normal.png X Montana  

Reward

2x "India Delta" flags eb917902-3f86-11e5-a922-000c29ca62ad.png
2x "India Yankee" flags eba66dee-3f86-11e5-a922-000c29ca62ad.png
5x Repair Party II 851bd7fc-bb4b-11e6-8ad3-d89d6715223c.png

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
Fixed colors to allow reading
  • Cool 2

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

Miss Misaki and her 15 pts of exp will be up to the challenge

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,903 posts
3,292 battles
34 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

From the article:

Thank you. My computer refused to load the article, leaving me blind as a result.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,688 battles
10 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Thank you. My computer refused to load the article, leaving me blind as a result.

No worries.

Part of why I pasted the details rather than just point at the article.

I have all of these ships.  I am likely to fit-out the Prinz Eugen for use in Ranked.  The other two will likely see some Ranked play.

I would rather some premium time.  I have enough 10-point captains at the moment.  I also have enough doubloons to not need to spend the cash.  (I am trying to see if I should spend some of them to convert at least some of the Ship XP on the Space Ships into Free XP, but I think I have enough for what I want to do right now.)

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,903 posts
3,292 battles
59 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I would rather some premium time.  I have enough 10-point captains at the moment.  I also have enough doubloons to not need to spend the cash.  (I am trying to see if I should spend some of them to convert at least some of the Ship XP on the Space Ships into Free XP, but I think I have enough for what I want to do right now.)

Send some of that my way please... lol.

I thought I could follow that joke up with something more serious, but my mind just went blank...

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I really like my HAREKAZE.  I prefer the 3 x 2 100mm turret option.  Makes it a decent gunboat with good torps.  

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

I really like my HAREKAZE.  I prefer the 3 x 2 100mm turret option.  Makes it a decent gunboat with good torps.  

I use the same armament on my Harekaze. But she's not a very good cap contester. Despite those accurate rapid firing 100mm guns I frequently lose in a gunfight with other DDs. I find Harekaze to be best as a torpedo ambusher. If you want a tier 8 cap contester DD, Lo Yang is better suited for the job.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,658 posts
8,039 battles

Asashio is deadly against BB and CV only. Against cruiser and DD you have no real way to deal with them.

Harekaze seems fun is you use the 3x2 100mm guns. The 3x2 127 gives you a worst Kagerou and the 3x1 127 with US guns seems really weak.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,606 posts
13,201 battles
9 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Well I bought it today and I must say I like it:cap_like: