You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Ranked Trio P2W

71 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,523 posts
24,635 battles

OK I have to admit that this may have been the dumbest post I’ve made on this forum.  

A 10-point captain hardly guarantees you success in Ranked.  I’ve never played anything lower than 19 points in Ranked.  Although Alabama is a fine ship, neither of the other 2 is a good choice for competitive play.  Also, I just didn’t pay attention to being able to buy 10-point captains with Premium ships.  I didn’t need them because I already had better captains for every nation, with the possible exception of the Hood.  I can’t temember if that came out before or after Nelson.  

This is obscene:

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/6134/

For $99 US you can BUY three 10-point captains plus the Harekaze, Prinz Eugen (with heal) and Alabama. Just in time for Ranked. It’s the 10-point captains that really gets me. Has WG ever simply sold 10-point captains before?  Think about how expensive it would be to convert to Free XP and then use that to upgrade to a 10-point captain. 

Oh I missed the fact that this also unlocks three (3) missions which can each be repeated ten (10) times for flags and consumables. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 10

[RKN]
Beta Testers
938 posts
8,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

This is obscene:

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/6134/

For $99 US you can BUY three 10-point captains plus the Harekaze, Prinz Eugen (with heal) and Alabama. Just in time for Ranked. It’s the 10-point captains that really gets me. Has WG ever simply sold 10-point captains before?  Think about how expensive it would be to convert to Free XP and then use that to upgrade to a 10-point captain. 

Negative, three 6-point captains. Besides, there is nothing OP about a 10 point captain, they’re consider the break even point.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,840 posts

nyuZIQt.jpg

They have handed out 10 point captains like candy with the Christmas boxes plus you get 10 pointers for those scenario rewards. This is a nonissue.

• Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,719 posts
11,332 battles

They are only 6pt captains (not that it matters, a 10pt is still nothing)

The Prinz does not yet have it's heal (and even with it is still probably not gonna be great.

The Harakaze is not a very good DD choice for ranked imo.

This is really just a ploy to milk some cash out of people that don't know better. Not P2W at all... more like pay too much to lose.

(ps, I use elite commander xp to jump start all new captains usually to 14pt, but at min 10pt, its really not that much XP either lol)

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,317 posts
3,668 battles

10 Point Commanders (which the ones in the bundle are actually not) are the minimum to be at least competitive and not a deadweight in a Ranked and even Random environment. A T8 DD without CE that you get on a 10 pointer is at a severe disadvantage.  Also, provided you are patient you get 10 pointers from the Scenarios.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
126 posts
303 battles

They sold like half a dozen 10pt anime girls awhile back. I know because they’re just hanging out in my port waiting for ships.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,545 battles
6 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Negative, three 6-point captains. Besides, there is nothing OP about a 10 point captain, they’re consider the break even point.

The sale page clearly says “10 skill points.”   Apparently reading is more OP than a 10 pt skipper

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Once you get a 19 point captain, 10 point captains are as easy to come by as potatoes. But in a shocking turn of events, a company seizes an opportunity for profit.

• Funny 2

[-GPS-]
Members
2,523 posts
24,635 battles
9 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

They are only 6pt captains (not that it matters, a 10pt is still nothing)

The Prinz does not yet have it's heal (and even with it is still probably not gonna be great.

The Harakaze is not a very good DD choice for ranked imo.

This is really just a ploy to milk some cash out of people that don't know better. Not P2W at all... more like pay too much to lose.

(ps, I use elite commander xp to jump start all new captains usually to 14pt, but at min 10pt, its really not that much XP either lol)

They are 10-point captains. Sure they are easy to get once you have a 19-pointer churning out Elite Commander XP. However, they are very significant for someone just starting out in this game. 

Plus I’ll be so excited to have a Prinz Eugen on my team in Ranked (not). 

[HSD]
Members
285 posts
9,447 battles

10pt captains have been sold before, as well as been earned through various in game rewards also before.

I believe some of the previous HSF ship bundles came with 10pt captains.

[O_O]
Beta Testers
85 posts
6,871 battles

The ranked "Trio" bundle has three 10 pt. captains. The individual bundles have a 6 point captain. Many past top level (read most expensive) bundles have had 10 point captains so this is nothing new. 

[DKM]
Members
106 posts
14,437 battles

alabama is worse than nc, akizuki is better than harakaze and prinz eugen....pls dont bring this ship to ranked

I don´t know why people complain about 10 point commanders. If you do not have multiple 10er at this point (except new players)i would recommend an other game

[FADES]
Members
145 posts
3,638 battles

You can get a Free 10 Point Commander from most of the Operations of the Week.

It's just the first stage of the Ranked Season anyway that is using Tier 8, and Wargaming is a company, in business to make money.  What are those people going to win with these "P2W" deals?  Signals, maybe a Flag with no bonuses?  They are going to need Tier 10 ships to progress to the higher stages anyway.

Edited by digitaljustice

Members
126 posts
303 battles

Just cause you got a Prinz doesn’t mean you gotta play a Prinz. It is a beautiful ship with a real history and for someone like myself, that’s reason enough to buy it. Getting it for cheap is just icing on the cake.

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,447 battles

Making too much of it.  Bama, it the only ship in the pack worth using in rank of the 3, and even then you shouldn't run rank without at least 14-15 pt captain.  If you are buying the bundle to play in randoms it is not a bad deal for that.   But not for ranked.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
938 posts
8,766 battles
1 hour ago, missile742 said:

The sale page clearly says “10 skill points.”   Apparently reading is more OP than a 10 pt skipper

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-in-space/

It says on the webpage 6-point captains as of 0856 cst. There is a descripancy between the two. Good job on being an [edited]hole.

edit: I’ll send in a ticket asking them to correct the descripancy.

Edited by SavageTactical
  • Bad 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,976 battles

Ahahaahaha OP clearly wasnt around when hood was released and the 13/14/15 point captain for it was on sale

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

They gave away captain capa with 10 points for free, and every ship you pull out of a container comes with a 10 pointer. 

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
634 posts
13,530 battles

Yeah, says 6 point captains as of when I read it - not saying that it wasn't changed but all I know is what I read - 

Ranked Trio
$98.70
27% Off

7310a946-3d97-11e8-8c71-d89d6715223c.png

BUY NOW

Includes:

flag_Japan.png premium.png VIII HSF Harekaze 

flag_Germany.png premium.png VIII Prinz Eugen 

flag_USA.png premium.png VIII Alabama 

3x Port Slots

Commander Akeno Misaki (6 Skill Points)

German Commander (6 Skill Points)

US Commander (6 Skill Points) 

Harekaze Ranked Mission Unlock

Prinz Eugen Ranked Mission Unlock

Alabama Ranked Mission Unlock

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,080 battles

If you don’t have a ten point captain already, then why are you trying to join ranked in the first place? This isn’t pay to win, it’s pay to compete (which you can also do for free), which is fine as this game is not a [edited]charity.

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,060 battles

They're premiums - put any flippin' captain you already have in them!

In case you are confused, this is not a mountain.

molehill.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,801 posts
3,966 battles
8 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

This isn’t pay to win, it’s pay to compete (which you can also do for free), which is fine as this game is not a [edited] charity.

Agree completely. I may be a free-to-play fanatic, but I don't begrudge the company the right to make a buck (well, a rouble).

4 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

In case you are confused, this is not a mountain.

molehill.png

:Smile_teethhappy: Well said.

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
250 posts
14,828 battles

If you think newer players will buy this and they will be OP or have an a increased skill level and get to the lower ranks your wrong.  I don't have a problem with Premiums or WG trying to make a buck- they have to.  I have lots of Premiums and most are not OP. What it will do is cause inexperienced players being a detriment to their team as they don't have the skill set, knowledge and experience to compete in ranked.  Just because you have a Bama doesn't mean you will win.

• Cool 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

even if this were a 'pay to win' bundle, it would only get them to rank 10. last time i checked, the important parts require a T10 ship, not a 10-point commander.