You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Tier 10 space camos

20 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

So since they put the tier 10 space camos in the premium shop, can I buy one and then grind to the tier 10 ship? I am at (brand new) FDG, and am kinda wanting the space camo, but don't want to spend a lot of free xp just to spend 35 bucks on a space camo...

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,968 battles
3 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

So since they put the tier 10 space camos in the premium shop, can I buy one and then grind to the tier 10 ship? I am at (brand new) FDG, and am kinda wanting the space camo, but don't want to spend a lot of free xp just to spend 35 bucks on a space camo...

If you look in the premium shop, they are for sale for $35.95

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
Just now, Belyy_Klyk said:

If you look in the premium shop, they are for sale for $35.95

Yes, thats the point. Can I buy it in advance from the premium shop?

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,968 battles
19 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Yes. You pay the price and the camo will go into your inventory.

[HINON]
Members
8,870 posts
20 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Yes.

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts

WG you confuse me.

In one of the videos your designers stated the camos were easier than normal to make (this was a quote someone else made on the forums).

Then Octavian stated they were so expensive because of the work that went into them and they (WG) need to earn the money back from sales.

Then when told they were too expensive, it was stated that it was because they didn't want the game to be flooded by the camos.

And now they are on sale for all to buy (which I actually think is nice for those that may just be a little way off getting the ship)!

I think the decision is a good one, they look fantastic, I wish they were less money - but you do send out some mixed messages sometimes lol. :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,134 posts
9,231 battles

Wow just looked at the shop 35$ Each!?

Hmmm I spend a lot of money on  WG  but..... this.... well. I am sure they will be great for some people. 

Members
9,873 posts

Odd, I could have sworn WG wanted to keep them "exclusive" by limiting the players that could get them to tier 10 players.....guess it didn't work out as planned....:Smile_teethhappy:

And it boggles my mind that a player would blow $35 on a camo that they may never use....But then WG seems to keep finding people to do it.

Edited by awiggin

[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,288 battles
24 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Odd, I could have sworn WG wanted to keep them "exclusive" by limiting the players that could get them to tier 10 players.....guess it didn't work out as planned....:Smile_teethhappy:

You can't use them unless you have a Tier 10 ship, which seems pretty limiting to me. Why would you buy them if you didn't have a tier 10, or plan to get one?

[AK-47]
Members
154 posts
3,106 battles

I was actually going to get it for the dm cause I had enough gold to get the camo. I only decided to get the one that cost 5k simply because it was 3k less for only looks... if it would’ve had a better boost or more credits/xp it’d be worth it.

Members
588 posts

I was drunk and am wealthy so I spent 8000 doubloonies and now my Des Moins looks like it is a wing at a Fancy suburban mall!

Too embarrassed to play it so switched to one time camo

I will wait six months before my Galaxy class ventures out.

[DRACS]
Members
3,374 posts

The camos are nice to look at ... but not sure it's worth the extra 3000 doubloons worth over the regular premium camos at tier 10. The stats are exactly the same.

My other problem is I have five tier 10s at the moment, all of which already have the 5000 doubloon premium camo, so definitely not worth investing a ton for a same stats camo with a different look. The only one that might interest me is the Republique one since I plan on grinding out this line ... but still ... it's 5k vs 8k doubloons.

Has anyone played one of the space camo ships in regular Random or Ranked? What effects and sounds are retained from space combat and which are dropped for normal? Personally, I love how some of these camos looked, but I know that pew pew sounds, bright ammo balls, and neon splash effects would drive me up the wall in no time.

I'd love to see videos.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,493 posts
10,211 battles
1 hour ago, KaptainKaybe said:

The camos are nice to look at ... but not sure it's worth the extra 3000 doubloons worth over the regular premium camos at tier 10. The stats are exactly the same.

My other problem is I have five tier 10s at the moment, all of which already have the 5000 doubloon premium camo, so definitely not worth investing a ton for a same stats camo with a different look. The only one that might interest me is the Republique one since I plan on grinding out this line ... but still ... it's 5k vs 8k doubloons.

Has anyone played one of the space camo ships in regular Random or Ranked? What effects and sounds are retained from space combat and which are dropped for normal? Personally, I love how some of these camos looked, but I know that pew pew sounds, bright ammo balls, and neon splash effects would drive me up the wall in no time.

I'd love to see videos.

I have the Republique, GK, and Des Moines Space camos. In a regular game they have the fire out the smoke stack and the the damaged shields affect when hit. Think that is it. Shells are normal not the glowing balls and can't recall any sounds really?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[DRACS]
Members
3,374 posts
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have the Republique, GK, and Des Moines Space camos. In a regular game they have the fire out the smoke stack and the the damaged shields affect when hit. Think that is it. Shells are normal not the glowing balls and can't recall any sounds really?

K, cool, thanks. I'll wait and see if someone uploads a Random/Ranked video on Youtube. Mind you, Republique's regular premium camo is also very nice. Wish I knew how long they'd be on sale for.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Um No Thanks I would rather have a new Premium Ship or an exclusive better Camo

[BUOY]
Members
142 posts
7,675 battles
34 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

K, cool, thanks. I'll wait and see if someone uploads a Random/Ranked video on Youtube. Mind you, Republique's regular premium camo is also very nice. Wish I knew how long they'd be on sale for.

The sale ends April 23 at 7:20AM Eastern.

Edited by lloyd1701
  • Cool 1

[PHU]
Beta Testers
205 posts
3,604 battles

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the increased cost for the space camo, but I'm probably going to end up getting 2-3 of them anyhow.  Republique is surprisingly fun to play as the Paris, and I'm not a fan of the standard French battleship permacamo to begin with.  I feel it's worth the hit to the wallet just to have a permacamo that doesn't make my eyes bleed for that ship.  Moskva just looks dead sexy in the space camo, and I've clicked with that ship already in less than 10 space battles.  With just over 2 million free XP to burn tonight, I may bite the bullet there to get her.  Des Moines is the one I'm not 100% sure on yet.  She looks better in the space camo than her regular permacamo, but I still struggle with that ship at times.

Can't really justify any of the other space camo right now.  Some really don't look all that great, some of the ships they're for aren't anything special, and others are for ships I'm nowhere near obtaining and any camo expense would be a waste of time and money.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
26 minutes ago, Wardog_Noir said:

Republique is surprisingly fun to play as the Paris, and I'm not a fan of the standard French battleship permacamo to begin with.  I feel it's worth the hit to the wallet just to have a permacamo that doesn't make my eyes bleed for that ship.

I am in the same camp.  Thing is I did not have permanent camo for Republique when space camo was introduced.  So fine, I paid 3000 extra for the eye candy, no big deal.  I do own Zao, Moskva, and GK -- all with permanent camo in my port.  I am not spending 8000 doubloons on top of 5000 that I already paid for each of those.  No way.  So I am going to keep the Paris camo as a reminder of this whole space event, and that's it for me.

[PHU]
Beta Testers
205 posts
3,604 battles
37 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I am in the same camp.  Thing is I did not have permanent camo for Republique when space camo was introduced.  So fine, I paid 3000 extra for the eye candy, no big deal.  I do own Zao, Moskva, and GK -- all with permanent camo in my port.  I am not spending 8000 doubloons on top of 5000 that I already paid for each of those.  No way.  So I am going to keep the Paris camo as a reminder of this whole space event, and that's it for me.

The only one where I'm really taking a hit is with Des Moines if I get it.  I've already got the permacamo for her, which is why I'm not completely sold on it yet.  Don't even own the other two ships yet, so it's not a huge hit to the wallet when I buy them.