Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spooooooooooooooooooooon

TY WG for the Free XP conversion Sale!

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,818
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts

Exactly how much, in digits, is a gob to you? In that, the definition of gob is usually used in plural, it would be more understandable if you had said "gobs", implying of course, many, many gob converted. A metric tonne of course has a definitive number, but a gob, being singular, could correspond to five dollars, as it is up to the originator of the statement to hope others will accept without question the use of the gob.

Those of us with big expectations for the use of the term gob may actually think you converted millions of xp over, whilst the more conservative here might thing hundreds maybe thousands. 

Precision is persistent and persistent is petulant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
126 posts
303 battles

Not sure about gobs, but I just converted 2,485,000 XP, picked up the Prinz Eugen, 3 ten point captains, 3 port slots, and the special missions for Prinz, Bama, and Harekaze for the low, low price of totally worth it.

I should maybe explain that already owning Alabama and Harekaze gave me a little over 21,000 doubloons rather than duplicate ships, plus all the other bundle stuff. The bundle was about 99 bucks and the doubloons alone were worth $85, so I basically got Prinz, captains, etc. for $14.00, which seemed like a good deal.

Edited by kagero__
A bit more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81
[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, kagero__ said:

Not sure about gobs, but I just converted 2,485,000 XP, picked up the Prinz Eugen, 3 ten point captains, 3 port slots, and the special missions for Prinz, Bama, and Harekaze for the low, low price of totally worth it.

What are those special missions please? Is it like get the tier 10s or something of that sorts? TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,270
[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts

Yep this is tempting especially since I'm sitting on 67k doubloons lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,157 posts
7,844 battles
53 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Exactly how much, in digits, is a gob to you? In that, the definition of gob is usually used in plural, it would be more understandable if you had said "gobs", implying of course, many, many gob converted. A metric tonne of course has a definitive number, but a gob, being singular, could correspond to five dollars, as it is up to the originator of the statement to hope others will accept without question the use of the gob.

Those of us with big expectations for the use of the term gob may actually think you converted millions of xp over, whilst the more conservative here might thing hundreds maybe thousands. 

Precision is persistent and persistent is petulant. 

More than half a million XP, but less than 1M is a gob where I come from

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I always have some inner turmoil when this special comes around. It's difficult for me to figure out which way to go since I haven't supported WG financially for years now.

Available for conversion: 1.2m

Doubloons: 11k (saved for years for use on special occasions)

FXP now: 1.2m

I have enough to FXP to at least purchase two lines as it is (if I needed to), but I'm mainly waiting for a DD, or Cruiser FXP ship. I wouldn't blow all of my Doubloons on FXP anyways, I need to keep some available for Commander retraining. If I did blow it all, i would get something like 380k FXP.

I hate to have something come up where I needed Doubloons, but I spent them on FXP.

Happy they have this out and available for everyone though, and just in time for Ranked.

 

 

 

Edited by Wulfgarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,540 battles
5 hours ago, kagero__ said:

Not sure about gobs, but I just converted 2,485,000 XP, picked up the Prinz Eugen, 3 ten point captains, 3 port slots, and the special missions for Prinz, Bama, and Harekaze for the low, low price of totally worth it.

I should maybe explain that already owning Alabama and Harekaze gave me a little over 21,000 doubloons rather than duplicate ships, plus all the other bundle stuff. The bundle was about 99 bucks and the doubloons alone were worth $85, so I basically got Prinz, captains, etc. for $14.00, which seemed like a good deal.

That sounds tempting as i too have Bama and Eugene but have no desire to get a  Harekaze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
842 posts

Just to be clear here:  you didn't convert 2.4m XP for 21000 doubloons. 

The $99 pack got you to convert 735,000 XP, and got you the Eugen/captains/missions.  That's a very different thing.

You had to spend another 50,000 doubloons to convert the remaining 1.7m XP.  At the best price possible (250 doubloons/$1), that cost you $200.

 

And don't forget to add the sunken cost of the Harekaze & Alabama into that, meaning you already had paid about $80.

 

So the total cost of your package (Alabama & Harakaze & PE + stuff) and converting 2.4m XP was $380.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
689
[DRACS]
Members
3,340 posts

Thanks for posting about this! Didn't see this announcement and would have missed it completely. Time to buy some doubloons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
126 posts
303 battles
3 hours ago, EAnybody said:

Just to be clear here:  you didn't convert 2.4m XP for 21000 doubloons. 

The $99 pack got you to convert 735,000 XP, and got you the Eugen/captains/missions.  That's a very different thing.

You had to spend another 50,000 doubloons to convert the remaining 1.7m XP.  At the best price possible (250 doubloons/$1), that cost you $200.

 

And don't forget to add the sunken cost of the Harekaze & Alabama into that, meaning you already had paid about $80.

 

So the total cost of your package (Alabama & Harakaze & PE + stuff) and converting 2.4m XP was $380.

 

 

You’re right. I perhaps wasn’t clear that I already had a large amount of doubloons prior to buying the bundle (46K from Christmas, and I bought a little more)...so my total cash outlay was still less than what I spend on green fees every month. Hopefully, the average forum browser understands that two paragraphs suggests two separate, but related subjects, but if not, you were correct to point it out.

+1 Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×