You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Rough day+late night misery

8 comments in this topic

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

I had a relatively good run yesterday, got my QE up to a 1225 WTR but after a few bad matches it went down to 1219, still pretty decent. Today, I was expecting another good day of matches, but it's not even the weekend and potatoes are out in force. Couldn't even do much when half your team melts. Lots of staying back and cowardice as well. Now, I am proudly down to a 1191 WTR and 0.9 ship kill and 2.0 K/D, down from 1.0, 1219, and 2.1/2.2. Played some late night matches today and BOY were they bad. Lots of lopsided battles, even more than during the day, and most of all, late night players are especially hard to defeat / hard to hit. During the day there's more likely to be a balance. What are your experiences today and with late night matches?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,406 battles
7 minutes ago, Zionas said:

I was expecting another good day of matches

:Smile_ohmy:

You should never expect in this game!

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

:( Yeah, it really sucks how unpredictable this game can often be. In some of the other games I've played, such as Atlantica, PvP in that game is almost 100% in your control and only in your control. Recently I've also been seeing more people in matches who spam voice commands for no reason, and...... the chat often gets funny. Steam players? Also, how do I know when lots of kids are playing?

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles

OP, you are obsessing too much over your numbers. You've stopped having fun. You need to reassess your priorities.

Everyone has that run of games where you fight and die against huge odds, and then five seconds after your ship explodes your colleagues come out from behind their islands and start shooting at the people who killed you. Ignore it and move on. 

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
412 posts
6,177 battles

Forget about the numbers and just enjoy the game. It will be less stressful

[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts

Why would you look at your stats over just a day? That's about as silly as looking at your weight one day and saying, "O no I gained a pound!" You need to look at long term trends like how you did over a month or 3 months etc. Otherwise you will be needlessly frustrated over minor fluctuations.

Members
1,864 posts
5,656 battles

Remember: it's a game.

If you're stressing so much over this, you're not having fun and it's not a game anymore.

Take a break, try operations or co-op.

Play when you feel better; mood does affect performance.

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

I went 0/3 this morning, with first place finishes in all 3.  Ship happens... just don't get too wrapped up in numbers, it will only drive you crazy.  Taking a break helps.  Good luck mate. :Smile_honoring:

B