You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Premium Ship Review: Varyag

122 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,817 posts
5,348 battles

Good review as usual.

• Bad 1

[JKSDF]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
926 posts
2,793 battles

Yaayyy! I love free port slots!

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,237 battles

That's as is? Not going to buff it?

Maybe they will have a nice mission for low tier players...

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,370 posts
7,948 battles

On the one hand,they actually made a terrible Russian boat, on the other hand they made a TERRIBLE Russian boat. And this is the thing hey hyped for April to earn? And all that for an awful tier 3? just..... what am I even looking at here?

What the hell happened where overall we might get a bit of a meh boat or an occasional OP but overall, pretty well balanced. The last few it feels like it's either absolute trash that's under-powered (GZ, this) or OP god destroyer (new GZ, those RU super cruisers they've been working on), what happened to just a solid good boat?

[HSD]
Members
280 posts
9,403 battles
21 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Boris in the crow's nest with a megaphone shouting insults at airplanes.  If you want to bump that up to OzA23Hz.png, give him a service revolver.  It doesn't take much to get out of the dregs with AA firepower at tier III.

Best part of the entire review IMO.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles

Lol @LittleWhiteMouse I can sum up this review for you, the ship is a free Russian ship, or in other terms warming handing you a few credits + port slot or a ship cluessless players can get themselves into trouble with as floating target ships for enemy to do target practice with. :Smile_teethhappy:

Still good review as always LWM, know it was difficult in this particular case since Russians did not exactly build very good ships lol. ( To be fair they did build decent tanks at least, but still not my favorite even with those. )

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,032 posts
7,609 battles
13 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Still good review as always LWM, know it was difficult in this particular case since Russians did not exactly build very good ships lol.

This is an American-built ship.  Varyag is as 'Murican as Texas.

2vtqrg7.jpg

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,489 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

2vtqrg7.jpg

Ah that explains it. If it was russian built the devs would have given her the BALANCE COMRADE treatment..

Alpha Tester
761 posts
1,358 battles

So in other words, this ship is basically food to everybody else.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,032 posts
7,609 battles
Just now, Ephemeric said:

So in other words, this ship is basically food to everybody else.

I dunno.  Food you need to chew.  This one you could suck up with a straw.  Maybe it's soup?  @Chobittsu is the expert there.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
390 posts
5,399 battles

This is a definite port slot! 

Anyway, I saw your name in the new thread feed and was hoping to see the Abruzzi review.. 

• Funny 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,304 posts

DID SOMEONE SAY SOUUUUUUPPP~?

thesoupchibi_by_chobittsu_studios-dc1ajr

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Members
660 posts
4,243 battles

What's up with those mission requirements? They're not really onerous but they seem surprisingly complex for a T3 freebie. Wasn't Vampire just earn XP over about a month or something? And that was a much better and more interesting ship than this thing. Also not sure why you need T5 ships to complete a mission for a T3 cruiser. What happened to including T4? 

Edit: Looked it up there was more to the Vampire mission than I remembered so this is actually in line with their previous standards.  

Edited by Rocketpacman
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

OMG!

So I was saying in the clan discord, "the missions are really easy; it must be really bad".

Then "but it can't be worse than Oleg!".

Premium Ship Review: Varyag

Hmm, I wonder what mouse has to say?

59 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
Quick Summary:  Oleg but worse.

:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by pikohan
  • Funny 3

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,322 posts
3,633 battles

Mouse if you liked chubs I should've given you my phone number long ago. *wink* :D /trollface

...btw where did the troll emoticon run off to? Did it go to blimpy's exile island?

[JKSDF]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
926 posts
2,793 battles
7 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Mouse if you liked chubs I should've given you my phone number long ago. *wink* :D /trollface

...btw where did the troll emoticon run off to? Did it go to blimpy's exile island?

5ad0646470119_Imontoyou.jpg.2b7f1e6d5c84018949eb7dc5ac333cc0.jpg

• Funny 1

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

What a stupid, throw-away premium. Where was the demand for this piece of trash? And now we're going to have to wait 2-3 more weeks for a decent ship to drop? Inexcusable.

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
6,012 posts
5,102 battles

I'm becoming more convinced that the Protected Cruisers and Pre-Dreadnoughts need an overhaul in gameplay.  There's untapped potential here, especially for Operations or even the possibly of a low-tier ranked season, but instead these ships feel like this game's version of fast food.  Just experience it for a few minutes, then move on.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
52 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Ah that explains it. If it was russian built the devs would have given her the BALANCE COMRADE treatment..

Like they did with Diana? Lol Wargaming may make Russian vehicles far more OP that IRL, but they still can’t get rid of the Russian characteristics such as gun dispersion/ accuracy...

And so is this new ship. True it may have been built in US, but it was for Russian Navy. Not every country could build their ow ships back then, but you could have the similar ships end up vastly different due to a nation’s crews, maintenance, modifications ect.

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

2vtqrg7.jpg

Umm that pic is the USS Texas lol.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,237 battles
16 hours ago, Sventex said:

I'm becoming more convinced that the Protected Cruisers and Pre-Dreadnoughts need an overhaul in gameplay.  There's untapped potential here, especially for Operations or even the possibly of a low-tier ranked season, but instead these ships feel like this game's version of fast food.  Just experience it for a few minutes, then move on.

For sure. I wish they'd give us ten tiers, A-J, or pre-deadnought. So much pew pew pew, and the number of ships would be endless.

Of course, that could be the problem. They are all like Varyag, not much playstyle variability.