You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
joefish1973

Teams Suck

26 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,595 battles

Anyone else think this game would be 10,000 times better if you could form your own teams. I am so tired of loosing battle after battle cause 3/4 the teams is clueless and can't follow simple instructions. The team set up in this game makes it so you have no control over the outcome of the battle, then we are given stats to show how many wins and losses we have. Kinda like rubbing it in our face, "you could win but we stuck you with [edited] for 6 games so it looks like you can't even play". I'm about to unistall this game from my system and find something else to do. 

• Bad 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

You can division up with other people which increases your odds of effecting the outcome of a random battle.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

It’s okay.  I usually get good teams, so someone has to get the bad ones, right?

[REVY]
Members
6,027 posts
5,102 battles
12 minutes ago, joefish1973 said:

Anyone else think this game would be 10,000 times better if you could form your own teams. I am so tired of loosing battle after battle cause 3/4 the teams is clueless and can't follow simple instructions. The team set up in this game makes it so you have no control over the outcome of the battle, then we are given stats to show how many wins and losses we have. Kinda like rubbing it in our face, "you could win but we stuck you with [edited] for 6 games so it looks like you can't even play". I'm about to unistall this game from my system and find something else to do. 

And yet I anticipate that if the players had the ability to form teams, you'd complain about how these super-elite teams would keep annihilating your team.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 3

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
10 minutes ago, joefish1973 said:

Same old, same old. It is called Random battle for a reason. My god, gamer's really are idiots :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

maybe stop trying to blame everyone else for your losses and try to improve your own play? sounds crazy, i know. but it is entirely possible that you're not nearly as good as you think you are. recognizing that is the first step to getting better and fixing your mistakes.

or if you're so sure of yourself, you can always form a clan and try your hand at clan battles. you get to pick your team and everything. the only downside is that the enemy teams get to pick their teams too. real shame, that is.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TAFY3]
Members
334 posts
7,165 battles

I completely understand how the OP feels.  I find myself ranting at my monitor at least 3 times a week over a bad series of teams. 

image.png.96a12703e110301ee46f65d5317aae3c.png

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
28 minutes ago, joefish1973 said:

I do know where your coming from and where this thread will go. If you are really fed up then go with your gut and Uninstall. You will not be Missed.

SOczZxN.gif

Members
842 posts

The one thing that might be nice is if MatchMaker took experience into account when making a match.

You know, like say a match where people had less than 50 games in that particular ship, or more than 200. Or a match where only 2000+ game players were there (or the inverse).

There's a lot more things that Matchmaker could take into consideration, but WG seems completely against making ANY changes.  :Smile_amazed:

Edited by EAnybody
  • Cool 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
420 posts
6,201 battles

Be a man and quit whinning. Its called RANDOM for a reason. If you want better teams div up with some 1 you know that is good

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,312 battles
46 minutes ago, joefish1973 said:

I would look at your game play first before bashing on the teams. I rather not call you out but I suggest you be more helpful to your team but 35k avg damge in a t8 CA and 30k In a t9 CA is not helping your teams

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
2 minutes ago, EAnybody said:

The one thing that might be nice is if MatchMaker took experience into account when making a match.

You know, like say a match where people had less than 50 games in that particular ship, or more than 200. Or a match where only 2000+ game players were there (or the inverse).

There's a lot more things that Matchmaker could take into consideration, but WG seems completely against making ANY changes.  :Smile_amazed:

Experience don't mean that much. You could be a 10k game veteran and still suck playing ships. 

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,424 posts
3,673 battles

Uhhhhhh you sure teams suck? Sitting on a small winning streak here.

shot-18_04.13_01_10.43-0296.thumb.jpg.2ea9de75926914bd8096bb9a86c4683a.jpg

Members
842 posts
16 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Experience don't mean that much. You could be a 10k game veteran and still suck playing ships. 

True, but there's a direct correlation between experience and being good.

Don't see very many good players at under 500 games. Conversely, the percentage of good players at 5000+ is MUCH higher.

It's not a guarranty, but it's a pretty good metric.

[2347]
Members
178 posts
4,764 battles

As part of it's premium package I really think WG should set up a toll-free hotline for people in need of a sympathetic ear.

Free-to-Play users would have to use the 1-900 number, of course.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,204 posts
7,195 battles
30 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Uhhhhhh you sure teams suck? Sitting on a small winning streak here.

Yep. Same here. I'm 11 for 13 today.

Maybe he's just been playing on the teams we fought today?

But seriously, OP: you want to find good teams? Make friends. Join a clan. Play clan battles. Your clan will put together the best possible lineup that they can possibly manage to take into battle. If you're able to make friends and find a clan, and if they think you're good enough, then you'll be able to be part of the best team that they can field, and matchmaking will be putting you against other teams who have reached the same level that yours has. There won't be anything in it about ship types or ship tiers... just two teams who are putting their best players out there to try and kick some butt.

Of course, for some people there are challenges in "making friends" and "finding a clan," and that's not even considering meeting their standards of "being good enough."

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

Have you considered joining a clan? It's easier to carry in a division.

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightShamalan said:

maybe stop trying to blame everyone else for your losses and try to improve your own play? sounds crazy, i know. but it is entirely possible that you're not nearly as good as you think you are. recognizing that is the first step to getting better and fixing your mistakes.

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't cut it.  There are many battles where your team gets massacred and no super unicum would be able to carry all that dead weight on his back.  Maybe if the game is close, then perhaps an improvement in one's own abilities might make a difference.  But whether you like or not, far too many games are just not close enough that the improving the skills of a single player on the losing team would make the slightest difference.

Having said all that, I still think that players should seek to improve their skills so that when you do get into those situations where the actions of a single player can make a difference and that single player put in that situation is you, that you're ready to step up to the challenge and beat the other guy.

Edited by Crucis

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,424 posts
3,673 battles
16 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Yep. Same here. I'm 11 for 13 today.

....did you fight whatshisface 11 times in a row again to get his irish up to the point that he posts more challenges? LOL

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

....did you fight whatshisface 11 times in a row again to get his irish up to the point that he posts more challenges? LOL

Did those threads get locked or what?  That guy was really off his rocker yesterday morning.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,424 posts
3,673 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Did those threads get locked or what?  That guy was really off his rocker yesterday morning.

Beats me but I've been more drunk than he apparently was and I can still citadel peeps at max range lol

[XBRTC]
Members
1,204 posts
7,195 battles
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

No, sadly I did not. Like I said: I was busy with clan battles at 1700, and it took a while to get 12 of those in. I only played one non-clan battle today. But seriously, I really really really am tempted to invite him to our discord server and set up a training room. Just the recording of the conversation alone would be well worth the time spent. Think of all the hits on youtube! That could launch me on a career bigger than Jingles.

1 minute ago, Crucis said:

The two where he directly was calling me out did get locked, yes. The original one is still alive and well, somehow, with nothing deleted from it.

... and of course, just in case they were to be deleted, I made sure to keep copies in the Wayback Machine, because, I mean, seriously, it would be a shame for that many lulz to just vanish into the ether. I don't have no noob sign pinned to my jerkin while I'm gammin, after all.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,424 posts
3,673 battles

The third/original or whatever didnt have your name in it so it wasnt locked via the 'name and shame' rules.

I remember getting a thread locked because I mentioned someone in the title way back when and it was complimentary. *shrug*

Hell I got a thread locked here recently because I called the French the wrong ribbit hopping word.

Anywhoodles that's an aside to our above friend's lack of wins.