Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cometguy

To report, or not to report

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,259
[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Edit: decision reached, but if you want to talk about how you feel about the situation, have at it.

So, just had a game where the enemy CV was the only one left, just ate 5 aerial torps, and dive bombers were waiting in the wings for damage control to wrap up. The CV then torps itself, but a luckily timed attack gave the good guys the kill credit. The game was decided, there was no one on their team who suffered from the behavior, but it still feels incredibly unsporting. Should I submit the replay?

Edited by cometguy
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,581
[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

it not uncommon, Heck I did myself a few time when it was gonna to be a sure lost. I just wanted to end the game faster and go to the next battle. I mean, who gonna to waste 2-5min chasing down a cv hiding in a corner?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,968 battles

Just use the in game report. I wouldn’t submit replays unless it is something significantly bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[YARRR]
Members
393 posts
4,736 battles

A classic example of a way to "flee the battlefield".

 

And bloody childish to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

it not uncommon, Heck I did myself a few time when it was gonna to be a sure lost. I just wanted to end the game faster and go to the next battle. I mean, who gonna to waste 2-5min chasing down a cv hiding in a corner?

That I can understand, to an extent. But this seemed more of deny the enemy the pleasure type thing. No way they'd have lived more than 30 more seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,064
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,248 posts
8,815 battles
3 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

it not uncommon, Heck I did myself a few time when it was gonna to be a sure lost. I just wanted to end the game faster and go to the next battle. I mean, who gonna to waste 2-5min chasing down a cv hiding in a corner?

That is different than TK'ing yourself to deny the enemy the kill.

1 minute ago, ElAurens said:

A classic example of a way to "flee the battlefield".

 

And bloody childish to boot.

I wonder if that is fleeing the battlefield according to the new rules that are on the PT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,581
[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

That I can understand, to an extent. But this seemed more of deny the enemy the pleasure type thing. No way they'd have lived more than 30 more seconds.

ya If someone if firing at me while being spotted, I would just turn around and try to ram them lol. There is no point in running once spotted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
6 minutes ago, cometguy said:

So, just had a game where the enemy CV was the only one left, just ate 5 aerial torps, and dive bombers were waiting in the wings for damage control to wrap up. The CV then torps itself, but a luckily timed attack gave the good guys the kill credit. The game was decided, there was no one on their team who suffered from the behavior, but it still feels incredibly unsporting. Should I submit the replay?

It doesn't matter. I have done things out of anger I am not proud of and we all have seen things done that are not cool..... But do the math....13000 players on the NA server that's like over 500 games going on at any given moment....say each game averages 15 minutes and 10% have bad behavior.... WG doesn't have the staff to watch game replays to determine bad behavior, dole out punishment...but before doing so, cross check that punishment with if that player is a whale.... its why we have in game reporting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
583 posts
4,592 battles

Id not submit the replay but just use the in game options. 

Tbh in the cv's shoes id try for more damage. Games have been won from bad positions before and these games always teach us something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
885
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,228 posts
8,433 battles

Always report :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Thanks for the opinions everyone. It was borderline for me, and your input has been helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

the real question is, does self inflicted damage in a CV count towards being pink and possible permanent consequences? that is something i'd like to see. there's really no reason why it shouldn't.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,314 battles

If you have to come ask the forum for advice, the answer is, "no, do not report."

A negative report should be clear to you as report worthy.  If you have to think about it, it wasn't bad enough to warrant a report.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

its some cultures it's honorable

See the source image

Edited by Sweetsie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
8,085 posts
17,047 battles
19 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

ya If someone if firing at me while being spotted, I would just turn around and try to ram them lol. There is no point in running once spotted

You run and try to sink the roach spotting you so you can go dark again.

Reds want the kill/the game to be over? They can come find me or cap out.

15 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

the real question is, does self inflicted damage in a CV count towards being pink and possible permanent consequences? that is something i'd like to see. there's really no reason why it shouldn't.

In all seriousness? My experience (in an obvious, unin redeemable loss,) has been that a carrier attacking itself doesn’t actually damage itself until some vague threshold is reached; at which point ‘reflected damage’ finally takes hold, and you sink and get a TK penalty immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles

The topic of scuttling has been brought up elsewhere by myself and others.

Really the larger rubric this falls under is obvious battle fail-teams--you can spot this often in under a minute, 3 mins easy: your team is going to lose no matter what, so why waste precious time in this battle as a pinata for the reds?

And a much larger issue than this is the scoring system in MM that valorizes damage-farming above actual team performance. I have had many battles where I am performing to the Nth to win, and many positive things you do count for nought in this... At the end I see a schlub on the other team, with 100% HP, scoring higher than I did because he won. He did nothing and he scores higher than an opponent who did so much more but lost the battle. Rubbish I say!

Really this is insult to injury and it needs to be corrected. This winner takes all set-up is a recipe for intense aggravation. It's why many players leave this game. Hello?

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
80 posts
4,694 battles

Get over it and move on to the next battle.  People seem so concerned with reporting people with the most trivial stuff. 

snowflake.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Edit: decision reached, but if you want to talk about how you feel about the situation, have at it.

So, just had a game where the enemy CV was the only one left, just ate 5 aerial torps, and dive bombers were waiting in the wings for damage control to wrap up. The CV then torps itself, but a luckily timed attack gave the good guys the kill credit. The game was decided, there was no one on their team who suffered from the behavior, but it still feels incredibly unsporting. Should I submit the replay?

While definitely not a very sporting move by the enemy CV player, I wouldn't waste the time it took to submit a report with a replay.

You see similar behavior in WoT with arty players sometimes where the last enemy arty will go try to drown himself. Sure, it is very unsporting behavior, but just not worth a reportable offense IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,164 battles

Pointless to use in-game reporting. WG cheapens these reports by letting every little self-proclaimed master of this game report players for no reason whatsoever other than they should have put the game down hours ago and need to take it out on others.

The in-game report system does nothing but give the real people who should be reported ammunition to troll others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,692
[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
3 hours ago, cometguy said:

Thanks for the opinions everyone. It was borderline for me, and your input has been helpful.

Scuttling is a real world tactic and maybe the Captain saw it as such. It's kind of a grey area in my book, as long as it doesn't turn you pink, I would say WG isn't against it. I would agree with you, borderline and not so common as I would waste time on it. If it turned you pink, I would think people wouldn't do it though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,488 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

That is different than TK'ing yourself to deny the enemy the kill.

I wonder if that is fleeing the battlefield according to the new rules that are on the PT?

WOT syndrome :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,488 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Scuttling is a real world tactic and maybe the Captain saw it as such. It's kind of a grey area in my book, as long as it doesn't turn you pink, I would say WG isn't against it. I would agree with you, borderline and not so common as I would waste time on it. If it turned you pink, I would think people wouldn't do it though.

So was blowing up your tank to deny the enemy. You are a scumbag for doing it in WOT and you are a scumbag for doing it in WOWS.
If I needed your ship kill, for a kraken or some in game mission and you denied me, because you killed yourself, i would be angry bout it.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,692
[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
1 minute ago, Crusin_Custard said:

So was blowing up your tank to deny the enemy. You are a scumbag for doing it in WOT and you are a scumbag for doing it in WOWS.
If I needed your ship kill, for a kraken or some in game mission and you denied me, because you killed yourself, i would be angry bout it.

Gonna have to say it would suck and I have never nor would i ever kill myself. On the other hand I am not going to get panties wrinkled about it either. Stress kills, I myself would just move on and not let their Karma run over my Dawgma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,488 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Gonna have to say it would suck and I have never nor would i ever kill myself. On the other hand I am not going to get panties wrinkled about it either. Stress kills, I myself would just move on and not let their Karma run over my Dawgma.

Possibly an extra nip of whiskey :Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,692
[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
Just now, Crusin_Custard said:

Possibly an extra nip of whiskey :Smile_smile:

Possibly because I haven't had any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×