You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Navalpride33

CV drivers, There is hope for you guys yet.

42 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,647 battles

To all my frustrated CV drivers, all I can say is until more information comes out I can only give these worlds of what is to come from the Summit in St. Petersburg. However I do not have a time frame as to WHEN, but You guys that are CV main can decide 

"Getting to see the new @WorldofWarships aircraft carrier prototype was awesome. Getting to test it out was an honor."

Spoiler

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

Another premium CV without general CV fixes!? :Smile_facepalm:

I sure hope not...

[TF16B]
Members
8,039 posts
16,977 battles
1 hour ago, pikohan said:

Another premium CV without general CV fixes!? :Smile_facepalm:

I sure hope not...

Of course; since I no longer have any faith in the idea that there will be a fix that does anything besides make carriers dumber that a box of rocks.

If they aren’t speaking of GZ, then probably something RN, or maybe a one off Italian or French CV.

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

To all my frustrated CV drivers, all I can say is until more information comes out I can only give these worlds of what is to come from the Summit in St. Petersburg. However I do not have a time frame as to WHEN, but You guys that are CV main can decide 

"Getting to see the new @WorldofWarships aircraft carrier prototype was awesome. Getting to test it out was an honor."

Reveal hidden contents

I will look at this but am I the only one that thinks cv are in a good spot

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
11 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Probably, I don’t think they are, mostly because of how much higher your chances of loosing are if your Ranger goes against Unicum 7/8/8 Saipan anchor division. You are free to believe that, and I respect your opinion, then again, you could mean balance wise while I am thinking UI wise, or WG wise.

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts
7 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

Probably, I don’t think they are, mostly because of how much higher your chances of loosing are if your Ranger goes against Unicum 7/8/8 Saipan anchor division. You are free to believe that, and I respect your opinion, then again, you could mean balance wise while I am thinking UI wise, or WG wise.

First there arnt that many Unicom players.

Second how do you explane all the hundreds of game were the team lost and did not kill one enemy amd no CV in sight?

2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Reveal hidden contents

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles

For me USN CVs lost all hope when they changed it to a fixed loadout, the IJN still work fine.

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,129 battles

The sooner they fix the CVs the better. I want my British CVs!

Members
87 posts
402 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Hide contents

I will Not be satisfied with CV rebalance unless with the new rework:

- I can dev strike DDs 2 mins into the game

- I can permaspot all DDs

- I can spot all torpedoes 

These are the primary roles of the CV and taking this away 2ould be a travesty. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Oh sure, now that I have a kiddo on the way, and my gaming days are numbered, there's an amazing CV overhaul prototype.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

First there arnt that many Unicom players.

Second how do you explane all the hundreds of game were the team lost and did not kill one enemy amd no CV in sight?

1) I know, but each battle they do against an inexperienced player affects 22 others, half of them with a loss, the other potentially with lots of damage “robbed.”

2) I simply don’t know what you mean by this, but I will try. Potatoes lumped together don’t need a Unicum to be stomped, even below average and average players will suffice. I have seen what you just described happen to someone in Co-Op against bots, so even bots can do the job if the potatoes are surprised by bot hax.

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,647 battles

UPDATE: Again I am getting good vibes about the CV rework Here is the quot and the source

"One thing I got asked about most both before I left and while I was away was, you guessed it, the CV rework… The attending CCs did get to try out one of the proposed reworks however that is the extent of which any of us can tell you. You’ll just have to wait"

Spoiler

https://femennenly.com/2018/04/14/community-contributor-summit-2018-part-1/

PLease give her a big thank you, its becuase of her efforts we may have some change to the CVs

• Cool 3

[DRACS]
Members
3,339 posts
On 2018-04-12 at 8:22 PM, jags_domain said:

Yes. Yes, you are. 

The skill floor and ceilings on CV play are massive, meaning that the difference in impact between an average CV player and a good CV player is much much bigger than any other ship type. Also, CV play is radically different in mechanics than every other ship type. Imagine being really good at Bejeweled and then suddenly playing a round where Bejeweled became a twitch first person shooter and your whole team expects you to fight that other Bejeweled FPS veteran at his level. Same kind of deal.

And all that in the single most impactful ship on each team, often easily determining who wins or loses by themselves .... and, well, it's a horrible mess. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Hmm... Given the wording I'm going to hold out some cautious hope that this may actually be the harbinger of the rework. Note that he said "prototype", that implies to me that it's the first draft of a whole new carrier playstyle, not just a new carrier. If it was just a new premium I'd think he would have said "WIP" or something to that effect. I'll probably be proven completely wrong when the CCs are allowed to reveal more, but I just need to keep optimistic this week given all the IRL stuff hitting me.

Edit: Or @Navalpride33 could make a post I didn't see clarifying that I was indeed correct, hooray!

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
On 13/04/2018 at 10:22 AM, jags_domain said:

CV are far from a good spot, to be honest the only reason you would say that is if you are a IJN CV player or play with premium CV, USN CV get screwed on pretty much every tier and the one CV that was good the midway is getting nerfed so hard its not funny any more, any more nerfs to it and they might as well get rid off essex move midway to tier 9 and make a new tier 10 CV  

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles

They probably got to test them against the Ranger and Lexington.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles
11 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

CV are far from a good spot, to be honest the only reason you would say that is if you are a IJN CV player or play with premium CV, USN CV get screwed on pretty much every tier and the one CV that was good the midway is getting nerfed so hard its not funny any more, any more nerfs to it and they might as well get rid off essex move midway to tier 9 and make a new tier 10 CV  

cvs have a sweet spot, tiers 6 through to 9 are reasonably fun to play. Tier 4&5 are plain godawful misery, tier 10 cv gameplay gives anyone normal a migraine.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
On 4/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Hide contents

Sigh. Of course, because having more broken OP premium CVs is exactly what this game needs ... move over Saipan and GZ, looks like you are going to have company in your infinite task of screwing this game up for everybody.

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
13 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

cvs have a sweet spot, tiers 6 through to 9 are reasonably fun to play. Tier 4&5 are plain godawful misery, tier 10 cv gameplay gives anyone normal a migraine.

yes and no,the CV tiers 6-9 are so out off balance its not funny if you take the US CV line then look at the CV it has to face while moving up in tiers the US CV have a hard time keeping up with the other CV. Take the lexington it can vs the enterprise or Shokaku and with only the lexington only having 1 fighter squad while the other 2 CV have 2 fighter squads at lest makes it harder to gain air control over the 2, US CV really needs to get a 2nd fighter squad at ranger if not lexington to help balance it even if they drop the squad size from 6 to 5, WG quick to jump on the midway and nerf it into the ground but wont touch the rest off the US CV line to balance it with IJN CV and we know they wont nerf IJN CV they love the IJN line to much.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles
Just now, ausanimal said:

yes and no,the CV tiers 6-9 are so out off balance its not funny if you take the US CV line then look at the CV it has to face while moving up in tiers the US CV have a hard time keeping up with the other CV. Take the lexington it can vs the enterprise or Shokaku and with only the lexington only having 1 fighter squad while the other 2 CV have 2 fighter squads at lest makes it harder to gain air control over the 2, US CV really needs to get a 2nd fighter squad at ranger if not lexington to help balance it even if they drop the squad size from 6 to 5, WG quick to jump on the midway and nerf it into the ground but wont touch the rest off the US CV line to balance it with IJN CV and we know they wont nerf IJN CV they love the IJN line to much.

"WR" and "fun" are associated, but really a separate problem./ Overall, t6 through to 9 offer the most "fun and enjoyment" to cv players, including with the likes of Lex and Ranger (which are not so bad, they are let down very often by their popularity, which attracts 1st time cv players and cv free xpers)

• Cool 1

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts
On 4/12/2018 at 9:43 PM, Trollphoon said:

I will Not be satisfied with CV rebalance unless with the new rework:

- I can dev strike DDs 2 mins into the game

- I can permaspot all DDs

- I can spot all torpedoes 

These are the primary roles of the CV and taking this away 2ould be a travesty. 

You dd guys think that the only thing a cv has to do is light up your little ship

Fighters have other things to do. Stop the shinning. You fire 8 torpa every 2 min. Thats more OP than a cv

[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles

Noob question (I don't spend mind time on the forums), but how can CVs be re-worked?  The main issues I have with them is the risk-free nature of the unit and the ultra high ceiling/low floor disparity the unit has in relation to other boats.  How can those get fixed?  The first seems  to have no possible fix to me.  Maybe this has been explained already and I'd appreciate a link to a well done suggestion to fixing CVs.  Thanks in advance.