You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
spook_1971

SAVE THE MIDWAY

23 comments in this topic

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,144 battles

Save the Texas and Save the USS Midway.... I am very interested in hearing the logic behind taking away 40 planes and leaving them under tiered.   Thoughts???  No trolls PLEASE!  :cap_rambo:

Edited by spook_1971
  • Bad 6

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,144 battles

I mean seriously, the Midway should get the most nerfed ship award, if WG'ing does implement this ridiculous change I will sell my midway and boycott cv play... Really WG'ing???

Edited by spook_1971
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

Yes, Wargaming should have reduced the hanger size down to 56, and only allow it to drop bananas and coconut. This is one of the best update patch ever! WG please keep up the good work!   LOL

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Midway Is sitting in San Diego CA. 10 Bucks gets you a tour of this History.

Hours are 10 AM to 5 PM Daily

Overnights are available.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,144 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Midway Is sitting in San Diego CA. 10 Bucks gets you a tour of this History.

Hours are 10 AM to 5 PM Daily

Overnights are available.

I am guessing you will NOT see any planes on deck, since WG'ing has taken them all away.... lol

Edited by spook_1971
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[TWF-2]
[TWF-2]
Members
95 posts
14,144 battles
12 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Yeah you now only get 4 groups of fighters, and 5 groups of both DBs and TBs. What a disaster! :fish_panic:

U forgot to mention the under tiered catastrophe....:etc_swear:

Edited by spook_1971

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i have no argument to be made about the upcoming chemotherapy. please proceed with the appointment, WG.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TAFY3]
Members
334 posts
7,161 battles

clearly it needed another set of nerfs, it's only slightly substantially behind the Hakuryu in winrate, damage and KDR.  /sarcasm

I am glad I haven't grinded US CVs to tier 10, I might have rage-uninstalled after this latest-in-a-series nerf.

image.thumb.png.e6507a7763b317b927cdbb2e085376fa.png

EDIT:  Good input below about this being the all-time stats.  Here are the latest two week numbers:

image.thumb.png.8484114eadb5d183a1bcdf078bd7853c.png

Edited by driedjello

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

No worry, the nerf bat is coming to Hakuryu too, just keep an eye on it in the next few patches.  LOL

• Bad 1

[SF-3]
[SF-3]
Beta Testers
227 posts
12,857 battles
38 minutes ago, spook_1971 said:

I am guessing you will NOT see any planes on deck, since WG'ing has taken them all away.... lol

Actually it does have planes on deck but only 4 or 5 cant remember. but eventally Midway in game will only have 4 or 5 planes on deck as well. 

Alpha Tester
1,300 posts
9,287 battles

I personally think it's an absolutely worthless and un warranted nerf. Probably ment to steer players to play hak more though they don' realize the main reason people don't play her is the sheer amount of micro managemnt 

• Cool 1

Members
593 posts
4,875 battles
16 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

No worry, the nerf bat is coming to Hakuryu too, just keep an eye on it in the next few patches.  LOL

Has Hakuryu ever been changed? 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
30 minutes ago, starksrevenge said:

Not since WoW "Invented" her.

Honestly, the game cannot nerf CVs enough to be not OP and still be competitive; not that I believe they are actually trying, either. The entire Graf Zeppelin fiasco gives ample evidence of that.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,583 battles

Is there any logical reason for why they are doing this nerf to the midway? Does Midway outperform Hak?

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
8 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Is there any logical reason for why they are doing this nerf to the midway? Does Midway outperform Hak?

She did with the new buffs, check the 2 week scores, although I think WG should either pick the weaker planes or lower hanagar, not both. With this hangar, Midway warrents reobtaining her jets, at least for fighters (are there DB jets?). 

1 hour ago, starksrevenge said:

Yes, in Alpha, or even OBT/CBT, she had a setup with 16 torpedo bombers and up to 20 DBs (did AS exist back then?). I have seen the old strike Jap CVs in action (before CV mirroring), they were monsters to surface ships, and without strafe, ultimately the better loadout considering plane quantity, and weak AA at that time and even that tier (nothing, not even DM, could shred planes). The enemy CV could only remove as many squads as he had fighter squads, if that.

Edited by GabeTheDespot
  • Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,158 posts
1,654 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Yes.  It has a better than 9% win rate advantage over the IJN Tier X carrier in the last two weeks on the Russian server.

• Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles

I’m no fan or friend of CVs, but if the Hak is already performing over the Midway, then this nerf seems like a pretty egregious mistake by Wargaming. 

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,158 posts
1,654 battles
48 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I’m no fan or friend of CVs, but if the Hak is already performing over the Midway, then this nerf seems like a pretty egregious mistake by Wargaming. 

It is not on any server.  Don’t look at the all time stats.  Look at the two week stats.  On the main server, the Russian one, Midway is stomping on Hak so badly that Hak almost isn’t played anymore.

Go ahead and down vote me, but facts are facts.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles
1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

It is not on any server.  Don’t look at the all time stats.  Look at the two week stats.  On the main server, the Russian one, Midway is stomping on Hak so badly that Hak almost isn’t played anymore.

Go ahead and down vote me, but facts are facts.

Well, that’s good to know then. 

Members
593 posts
4,875 battles
1 hour ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

So the game is to be balanced around the Russian server?

Apparently because they are almost with in 1% on the NA server. 

Edited by starksrevenge