You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

Insane UI lag and stutter... fix it already WG...

24 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Seriously, ffs, the port UI lag (and UI in general really, especially recently) Has been utterly garbage since CBT... and hasn't been freaking touched ONCE as far as I can remember... so much stutter, lag, and hang ups when switching between tabs, or trying to view stat popups.

I also happen to know its not my computer thats the issue, for 4 reasons.

1: My stats. They're not super computer, but they are mostly certainly NOT potato. Proof below.

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core at 3.10 GHz

GPU: GTX970

Ram: 32GB DDR4 (two 16GB chips)

Mobo: MSI B350M Gaming Pro Micro ATX

2: I've recently checked the HDD warships is installed on (as well as all my other games are installed on), and its currently sitting at 0% defraggmentation, and in good health, according to defraggler (great program btw. I recommend it)

3: Every. Single. Youtube video that I have seen... from streams, to simple lets plays, ALL have varying degrees of this same exact port UI lag...

And finally 4:... Warships is currently the ONLY game I have and play, that has this kind of insanely bad port/garage/main menu lag and stutter... Nothing else has it... not even some of the early access games I play...

Seriously, ffs WG, when a game that is still in early alpha has better fricking menu performance than your own game thats been "released" for a couple years now.... you KNOW something isn't right. Hell, I've seen this lag drive people away from the game entirely! That isn't a good thing! You are actually losing players BECAUSE of this lag! Stop pretending it doesn't exist and do something about it already...

Fix your fricking shite WG, ffs.

~Signed: A very tired, and salty kitsune

[edit] huh... did not actually mean for this to be my 6000th post here... whatever, I'm not in the mood to celebrate or anything...

[edit 2] Changed title to not aggravate the forum lords.

Edited by Kitsunelegend
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

You've dealt with it, so deal with it. It just means your computer is too good so you notice the lag. I don't notice it so I could care less about it. Honestly this is the first time I heard of it. Will I look in the history for this issue? No because it is not a big issue to care for.

Edited by Vangm94

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
Just now, Vangm94 said:

You've dealt with it, so deal with it.

That is NOT an excuse to let something that is clearly broken, to go unfixed for so damned long.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles
1 minute ago, Kitsunelegend said:

That is NOT an excuse to let something that is clearly broken, to go unfixed for so damned long.

Broken, oh well. I prefer WoWS UI to WT or WoT because there is significantly less clutter on the screen. As said, you dealt with it for this long, deal with it longer.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

Broken, oh well. I prefer WoWS UI to WT or WoT because there is significantly less clutter on the screen. As said, you dealt with it for this long, deal with it longer.

And again, that is still not an excuse to leave it broken... If something is broken, and they know it can be fixed by the developers, they shouldn't just sit on their rear ends and "deal with it"... that isn't a solution at all. Thats a cop out.

And I honestly done give a crap what you think of other game's UI layouts. Thats not what this is even about...

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

port lag in particular seems to have gotten worse in my experience. i'm not usually one to complain, but i do hope they fix it. i get tired of having to restart my game every few matches.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles
Just now, Kitsunelegend said:

And again, that is still not an excuse to leave it broken... If something is broken, and they know it can be fixed by the developers, they shouldn't just sit on their rear ends and "deal with it"... that isn't a solution at all. Thats a cop out.

And I honestly done give a crap what you think of other game's UI layouts. Thats not what this is even about...

Instead of complaining, what about you send them more detailed info on about your computer, your router, your service provider, anything to make their lives easier to help you. If you think just posting about it will do anything, it won't. Having these vague complaints don't help them. 

• Bad 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,540 battles

So aside from checking defrag what else have you checked? Did u run the file check tool to include network test? I too was having horrible UI lag in port while running a 7700K, 1080gtx, and on a PCIE SSD with 100mb/sec internet with negligible packet loss. WG had me check everything and nothing worked until I went overboard and got a 1080Ti.  Lag gone...

I am thinking I should have tried a clean 1080 install first. 

What kind of lag are you seeing?  I was getting FPS drops to the teens whenever i would hang a flag, or click on modules, and my profile would take 30 sec to load.  

[MEIST]
Members
771 posts
2,935 battles

Yeah, it can be bad at times, it just doesn't bother me that much. Annoying at times? Yes.

You must've had a bad day. I haven't seen you post anything this angry before.

[KEGEL]
Members
101 posts
5,072 battles

Like the OP, also get 'port lag'.

Switching between flags, camos, consumables, upgrades, ships in port carousal, profile, etc all introduce some sort of lag / hitching.

Running fairly up to date PC.

- AMD R7 1700 @ 3.9

- RX Vega 64

- 16GB 3200 RAM

- 512GB Samsung 950pro m.2 SSD

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
34 minutes ago, missile742 said:

So aside from checking defrag what else have you checked? Did u run the file check tool to include network test? I too was having horrible UI lag in port while running a 7700K, 1080gtx, and on a PCIE SSD with 100mb/sec internet with negligible packet loss. WG had me check everything and nothing worked until I went overboard and got a 1080Ti.  Lag gone...

I am thinking I should have tried a clean 1080 install first. 

What kind of lag are you seeing?  I was getting FPS drops to the teens whenever i would hang a flag, or click on modules, and my profile would take 30 sec to load.  

I didn't think to check anything else, because like I said, warships is literally the only game out 30 others, including some early alpha games, that has this type, or any type of lag when dealing with anything UI related.

The lag I'm seeing is basically exactly what he said VVV

15 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Like the OP, also get 'port lag'.

Switching between flags, camos, consumables, upgrades, ships in port carousal, profile, etc all introduce some sort of lag / hitching.

Every tab change, ship change, anything that would include changing the UI causes this lag, stuttering, and hitching.

Also, I run 0 mods. Not even skin mods, and I was still seeing this lag. It also shows up on a clean install of the game. (and no, I refuse to use the game center. Its garbage)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
36 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Yeah, it can be bad at times, it just doesn't bother me that much. Annoying at times? Yes.

You must've had a bad day. I haven't seen you post anything this angry before.

More like a bad week honestly...

From dseehafer passing, to my brother's bachelor party being canceled, to my car's headlight breaking and needing fixing, and both of my parents coming down with a cold at nearly the same time, I've not had a very good week so far... Oh, and did I mention this was supposed to be my vacation as well?

Yeah...now you see why I'm so salty today...

[MEIST]
Members
771 posts
2,935 battles
Just now, Kitsunelegend said:

More like a bad week honestly...

From dseehafer passing, to my brother's bachelor party being canceled, to my car's headlight breaking and needing fixing, and both of my parents coming down with a cold at nearly the same time, I've not had a very good week so far... Oh, and did I mention this was supposed to be my vacation as well?

Yeah...now you see why I'm so salty today...

Well, if your vacation isn't over. Then, I hope it gets better. 

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles

Sorry for the hard week  Wish you well,

I recommend doing these steps to try to fix the issue. Since the issue is resolved with certain type gear players. I hope this fixes it.

1. Find your video card drivers provider site and see if they have updated drivers for your video card. If they due dl/install it
  2. Reinstall WOWS
  3. Once steps 1 and 2 are completed restart the PC.
  4. DO not install any mods
  5. once the game is installed log in as usual
  6. Check your performance

Remember this is not the end all cure to your troubles, considering there is no more ppl posting FPS loss along with high PING. Rest assured that it works the majority of the time.

Just in case it doesn't fixes it then I am sorry to say your processor/video card drivers are not quite catching up to the demands. That is where I strongly suggest getting a cheap PC with a 7th Generation processor with a 1070 gtx video card on the cheap. Cheers!

Edited by Navalpride33

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Sorry for the hard week  Wish you well,

I recommend doing these steps to try to fix the issue. Since the issue is resolved with certain type gear players. I hope this fixes it.

1. Find your video card drivers provider site and see if they have updated drivers for your video card. If they due dl/install it
  2. Reinstall WOWS
  3. Once steps 1 and 2 are completed restart the PC.
  4. DO not install any mods
  5. once the game is installed log in as usual
  6. Check your performance

Remember this is not the end all cure to your troubles, considering there is no more ppl posting FPS loss along with high PING. Rest assured that it works the majority of the time.

Just in case it doesn't fixes it then I am sorry to say your processor/video card drivers are not quite catching up to the demands. That is where I strongly suggest getting a cheap PC with a 7th Generation processor with a 1070 gtx video card on the cheap. Cheers!

Ok first off, I have tried all those things you suggested in the past, with 0 effect. Second, please read my OP again, I listed my current stats.

I have a bloody GTX970 with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, and 32GB of DDR4 ram. That is WAY more than enough to run this game without issue on any graphical setting. This is a WG issue, and one they need to address. Considering I can run games such as Killing Floor 2 on max graphics, Day of Infamy on max graphics, Warthunder on max graphics, bloody DCS 2.5 on max graphics, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/Kuban on max graphics...

I can run some very highly graphically intense games on max graphic settings with high fps, 0 stutter, 0 lag and 0 hitching.... yet the game with arguably the least demanding graphics, that look like they belong in 2006 I might add, has the worst performance out of all of them? And considering this problem has persisted for me since CBT, through 3 different computers, countless re-installs, and all the fixes I could think of and find... and yet I still haven't seen a lick of difference...

I'm sorry bud, but thats not a computer issue. Thats a game optimization issue on WG's part. This also isn't taking into account all of my friends that have this same issue, some with computers more powerful than mine I might add...

And buying a bloody $500 gpu just to fix the issues in one game is out of the god damned question, especially since that issue is something that WG needs to fix.

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles
3 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I have a bloody GTX970 with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, and 32GB of DDR4 ram. That is WAY more than enough to run this game without issue on any graphical setting. This is a WG issue, and one they need to address. Considering I can run games such as Killing Floor 2 on max graphics, Day of Infamy on max graphics, Warthunder on max graphics, bloody DCS 2.5 on max graphics, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/Kuban on max graphics...

Got it, Well WOWS, does not run off your video card primarily. WOWS, WOWP are more CPU processor heavy. Which means that you can have the best graphics card, if your processor is not up to date/ drivers not up to date. It will cause problems in meeting demand in that area..Other games ARE  Video card heavy, but NOT Processor heavy. So if your machine can handle graphics card heavy games but not WOWS. Then I see a processor problem since we discredited the video card.

Try it out, like I said its not the end all cure for everyone but the issue has been a thing of the past since I was affected too.  Try the steps I outlined but this time for the processor.  I am confident that will fix it. Cheers !

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Got it, Well WOWS, does not run off your video card primarily. WOWS, WOWP are more CPU processor heavy. Which means that you can have the best graphics card, if your processor is not up to date/ drivers not up to date. It will cause problems in meeting demand in that area..Other games ARE  Video card heavy, but NOT Processor heavy. So if your machine can handle graphics card heavy games but not WOWS. Then I see a processor problem since we discredited the video card.

Try it out, like I said its not the end all cure for everyone but the issue has been a thing of the past since I was affected too.  Try the steps I outlined but this time for the processor.  I am confident that will fix it. Cheers !

Please, read everything I write. I can tell you, this is a NOT a computer issue. I've run through everything to fix this issue THAT HAS PERSISTED SINCE CBT OVER 3 YEARS AGO.

It is NOT a CPU issue. I'm running a practically brand new Ryzen 3 1200 processor... this isn't some potato cpu from the bargain bin at Walmart.

Also, for the record, last I checked, DCS 2.5 and the IL-2 great battles series are rather cpu heavy, not gpu heavy...

And considering I'm not the only one having this issue, and there are people with much more powerful and capable systems than mine, that are having this same issue, I think we can safely assume, THAT THIS IS NOT ON MY END AND IS A WG ISSUE THAT WG NEEDS TO FIX.

No amount of "getting a better machine" is going to fix this issue. I've run through all the fixes, including getting new parts and drivers and re-installing the game, MULTIPLE TIMES.

WG needs to handle this, and quite honestly, I'm very annoyed its been this long without any fixes or mentions of this by WG other than a vague cop out on some random reddit Q&A...

[IXM]
Members
191 posts
3,330 battles

I've noticed this lag too from the first time I started playing about 1.5 years ago.  Like the OP I have a pretty decent computer and have even gone a step further and run wows on a Ramdisk.  Load times are almost nonexistent on a ramdisk.  I also have a good gpu(AMD R9 290X) for this game and do not have fps issues in port or in battle.  This lag or slowdown only occurs when switching between things in the port.  Clicking on modules, swapping ships, going to see my combat missions, changing camo or flags, even opening captain skills.  There is always a half second or more lag, and as far as I can remember it's always been there.

I've just gotten used to it now but I would like to see it go away in the future.

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

OP is right.  UI has been lethargic since day one and has never seen an improvement.

There isn't anything else I use on the computer where you invariably have to wait seconds for the UI to respond and confirm even the simplest, most routine commands.

As others have mentioned, I've just gotten used to it over time...

Members
3,407 posts
6,070 battles

Actually they had dealt with it at the last patch and it was fixed for the vast majority of folks (they even did a video of it).  I have had a little bit of stuttering though I have not rebooted my PC in over a month and my PC complained the other day that 2 instances of FF running with a total of about 9 tabs was using too much memory.   Instead of rebooting I closed then reopened FF. 

I also have not checked any ping plots to see if the issue is some where along the route.

Edited by CylonRed

[SHDWC]
Members
2 posts
1,001 battles

I'm dealing with the same issue right now. Just got home and turned on the PC after six weeks. Before I was able to play with only minor stutter in port and none in the actual game. Now, I can't play the game at all because my frames are down to <5. Updated the drivers and everything, but even dropping the quality to medium, I'm at 2-5 fps in game with a ping of 106.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,928 posts
2,193 battles

Just for grins, you might try turning both Anti-aliasing settings to Off.  It makes especially the port display look terrible, but it does seem to help with stuttering, especially in-game. 

Easy to restore, so worth a try.

[OO7]
Members
87 posts
11,208 battles

That's why I use "Ocean" port most of time.  A little bit faster.:Smile_glasses:

Members
8 posts
1,327 battles

Its a War Gaming thing. Every bug and issue with their games have been known for a long time. The only thing that remains unknown to this day is which is greater: their laziness or their incompetence.