Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mohawkdriver

Rental Ships; what's the deal?

7 comments in this topic

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,199 posts
10,158 battles

Okay, I got these ships from winning something, the Conqueror, Moskva, and Gearing, but I can't play them.  I have them outfitted and crewed.

What am I doing wrong?

Disregard.  I saw the error after I posted.  Sorry.

Cheers!

Edited by mohawkdriver

[SYN]
Members
4,524 posts
11,433 battles

They can be used in Clan Battles only.  You'll have to be in a clan, and one that actually lets you participate in Clan Battles with a rental ship (some, understandably, do not).  Also, they cannot mount camo.

This is all described in-game when you select the ship and try to enter battle with it.

Edited by Kuckoo

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
7,241 battles
2 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Okay, I got these ships from winning something, the Conqueror, Moskva, and Gearing, but I can't play them.  I have them outfitted and crewed.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers!

They are for clan battles, so first, you need to join a clan that does clan battles.

You will get the upgrades back after clan battles are over.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,199 posts
10,158 battles

I saw what they were for after I posted.

Sorry for the confusion...on my part.

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
7,241 battles
5 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

I saw what they were for after I posted.

Sorry for the confusion...on my part.

No problem. WG should have you opt in to get the rental ships rather than just play a T8+ battle.

• Funny 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,391 posts
11,810 battles

One thing on the rental ships that should be kept in mind...

The only difference between them and the regular ships is they cannot run cammo.

so you loose the nerf to incoming fire, and you loose the buff to concealment.  And those  are pretty itty bitty nurfs and buffs that usually make very little difference. Thats it.  To many folk act like that's the end of the world as we know it..  On the other hand if a players skills aren't top water they're not going to do well in a regular ship much less the rental..   How critical a difference that is is totally on the player running the ship.

I'm more concerned about how well a player runs their ship then which ship it is because we are NOT all created equal.  SOme of us are better than other some worse than others and there is only one single way to find out and that to go do it!

I was in a clan that insisted to only allowing a certain few players to participate in clan battles.. I'm sure they did well this last season, but in the process this super clan lost at the minimum 50% of it's active membership and generated a lot of bad feeling and ill will toward themselves.   They even managed to loose several of the clans officers in the process..

If winning is so important to you that you start excluding people.. well, I hope you like your new friends because you'll have thrown your old friends under the bus, and that will come back to haunt you eventually.    

I know that if we ever have a proper clan wars territorial meta game the clan I'm part of will not ally with them.  They will walk alone.  Beware going to extremes over a game..

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff

Sign in to follow this