You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

WG is purchasing Deep Blue!

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,671 battles

I just read that WG has purchased IBMs super computer, Deep Blue for $700 million in response to our requests to improve MM!

Once acquired, Deep Blue will compute a new MM algorithm that will take into account captain points, average hit rates, torpedo dpm, win and loss streaks, WR,  average XP, wind conditions in each players home area, AFK probability, ping rates, rank, golf handicap and each player's credit score and world chess rating (when applicable). It will perfectly balance radar,  detection rating and overall team IQ as well.

Thank you WG!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
4,520 posts
11,433 battles

...but no supercomputer in the world will stop some players from blaming the MM for their woes, no matter how tight the algo.

• Funny 1

Members
1,547 posts
9,786 battles
6 minutes ago, legozer said:

I just read that WG has purchased IBMs super computer, Deep Blue for $700 million in response to our requests to improve MM!

Once acquired, Deep Blue will compute a new MM algorithm that will take into account captain points, average hit rates, torpedo dpm, win and loss streaks, WR,  average XP, wind conditions in each players home area, AFK probability, ping rates, rank, golf handicap and each player's credit score and world chess rating (when applicable). It will perfectly balance radar,  detection rating and overall team IQ as well.

Thank you WG!

You missed the follow up article. WG couldn't afford Deep Blue so they opted for the less expensive Lemon Yellow for $2,900.00   It's algorithm is designed to ignore all of the above but tell you it's doing so. 

• Funny 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

There is an issue with that resolution.

[TBW]
Members
6,291 posts
11,849 battles

My commodore 64 was a better computer than deep blue.th.jpg.e87f5990fe44423abc27df8df26c7791.jpg

It even came with its own 5 inch monitor built in, you could also mount another Floppy disk drive in the floppy disk storage compartment. I used an external monitor when at home. One of the first portable computers. Played quest of the Avatar  and AH64 Apache on it back in the day. It only weighed 23 pounds.

Type Portable computer
Release date 1984; 34 years ago
Introductory price 995 USD (1984)
Discontinued 1986
Operating system Commodore KERNAL
Commodore BASIC 2.0
CPU MOS Technology 6510
@ 1.02 MHz (NTSC version)
@ 0.985 MHz (PAL version)
Memory 64 kB RAM + 20 kB ROM
Graphics VIC-II (320 x 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
Sound SID 6581 (3x Osc, 4x Wave, Filter, ADSR, Ring)
Connectivity 2x CIA 6526 Joystick, Power, ROM cartridge (modified), A/V, CBM-488 Floppy/Printer, GPIO/RS-232
Predecessor None
Successor Commodore LCD
Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Members
833 posts
9,436 battles
17 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You missed the follow up article. WG couldn't afford Deep Blue so they opted for the less expensive Lemon Yellow for $2,900.00   It's algorithm is designed to ignore all of the above but tell you it's doing so. 

Lol

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,102 battles

I knew they would put all that money i've spent to good use!  :P

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,671 battles
47 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

...but no supercomputer in the world will stop some players from blaming the MM for their woes, no matter how tight the algo.

It will also run a program that tracks player's online activity and trolls them without mercy when they whine about MM.

• Funny 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,563 battles

Will it help with solving Telia networking bottle necks?