You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

0.7.4 Public Test Feedback

50 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
789 posts
5,786 battles

Ahoy Fleet,

Please use provide any feedback/suggestions regarding these items coming up in 0.7.4 in the order of priority (purple - important; yellow - medium; blue - low)

• System for Prevention of Unsporting Conduct
  • Matchmaker
  • Upgrade of Ship Spotting System
  • Game Balance Changes
  • Achievements Given for Participation in Clan Battles
  • New Season of Ranked Battles
  • UI Improvements
  • Kronstadt Port
  • Active Bots in the Training Room
  • Maps and Locations

Please note this is for feedback/suggestions only.

For any bug related items or reports, please direct your posts here:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,523 battles
31 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

in the order of priority (red - important; yellow - medium; blue 

There's been a long standing rule on the forum that red text is not to be used in posts because it's reserved for moderator comments. Is this an exception?

Or was the list supposed to be color-coded?

[KNTAI]
Members
92 posts
6,349 battles

Just wanted to let you all know "Reward on Main Account #4" Is broken , it is asking us to win a Ranked Battle as a Tier 7 , When Ranked is T8 only. Apologies , I forgot how they broke down Ranked Battles this season , Still use to the solo Tier and then TX for Tier 1 Players. I have been corrected , Thank You 

Edited by Battleship_Mutsu

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,523 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_Mutsu said:

Just wanted to let you all know "Reward on Main Account #4" Is broken , it is asking us to win a Ranked Battle as a Tier 7 , When Ranked is T8 only. 

Doesn't Sea Wolves go to T7?

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles
2 minutes ago, Battleship_Mutsu said:

, When Ranked is T8 only. 

Ship Tiers - Season r9

Ship Tiers - Season 9

Ranks 23 - 11: Tier VIII  Tier VIII
Ranks 10 - 2: Tier XTier X
Rank 1:  Tier VIITier VII

Its multi tier Ranked this time so. Cheers!

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
308 posts
9,698 battles

Why are they charging GOLD to replenish Economic signals? 

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
789 posts
5,786 battles

Sorry for the confusion, updated the OP with the correct color codes.

#anchorsaweigh

#2cupofcoffeedaytoday

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,165 posts
8,772 battles

I don't know if this is because it has been some time since I was pink. However, after testing being inactive in a co-op match as the only player I was pink as expected but was rather surprised that I was in full reflected damage. Not a big deal and that will keep the abusers in line.

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,198 battles

WTH? I don't like to complain about getting free stuff for the main account but at least make them attainable for all who take the time to test/play on the PTS. Play a ranked battle at Tier 7 sounds fairly easy to do until you consider the number of battles you will likely have to play just to get to Rank 1 to even qualify for the mission. This is the Public Test Server we are talking about. You get pretty substantial rewards for making Rank 1 on the live server and a handful of e-cashews for doing so here? No thanks, got better things to do with my time then play pretend compete for a participation award.

*Edit: Disregard my foolish rant. Seems you start out at Rank 5 as it is so not quite the effort as on the live server. Having said that, it is still the test server so expect it to be more like space battles lol

Edited by syd_

[TGO]
Members
15 posts
4,455 battles

With penalaties due to inactivity, how do I control that, if my isp connection crashes, or on occassion, or mid game  the game crashes on my computer ?

I know I am not the only one  this has happened to.

[TF9]
Beta Testers
56 posts
2,483 battles

So in order to test out the new penalty system, we must first commit these violations right? I hope my account on PT don't get banned for testing these, can WG clarify on that?

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
11 hours ago, Edgecase said:

There's been a long standing rule on the forum that red text is not to be used in posts because it's reserved for moderator comments. Is this an exception?

Or was the list supposed to be color-coded?

I caught holy hell for using red ... it’s listed as my only forum infraction.. I was a bad bad boy

[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
229 posts
5,971 battles
2 hours ago, BootButch said:

With penalaties due to inactivity, how do I control that, if my isp connection crashes, or on occassion, or mid game  the game crashes on my computer ?

that's a good question. just a few nights ago while doing a PVP battle, the game failed to load and I couldn't join the fight until after it was over and it had kicked my ship back to the harbor. I even forced the game to reboot twice trying to rejoin.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles
3 hours ago, BootButch said:

This. Can't tell you how many times the game crashes or doesn't connect till battles over (no issue on tanks or other games though, even if connecting to EU server from NA). Why do I have to eat these kinds of penalties because of technical issues beyond my control?

Midway - These changes are asinine, stupid, ridiculous, and every other synonym. Who thought this was a good idea? First off your problem is that late game Midway has reserves still and Hak by this point is running out. How about the first step is instead, I don't know - BUFF HAK. If you increase Hak's planes count to 120/121 it gains a similar reload to the unnerfed Midway (Midway sits at 3.77 or the initial planes plus 2 full rearms and a partial, this would put Hak at 3.75 or 3.78 if I remember correctly). And Given attrition is an issue, it makes way more sense right now to increase Hak's plane count. If you are so hells bent on nerfing Midway, yet again, for some reason, the number you want is 112/113 - which matches Hak current reloads (the starting groups plus 2 and some spare planes at I think the number is 3.125, and Midway at 3.11 or 3.13). Seriously guys, I took a well educated guess about the number of planes, plugged it i, and trial and error for 5 minutes to pull those numbers. Your overnerfing something you've already nerfed the planes of vs AA and all.

Another part of your problem, is the 2,2,2 setup you gave the ship again. That's right, again. I'm guessing you have new staff that maybe didn't get the memo because this setup was removed TWO YEARS AGO  for the EXACT SAME REASON. Sure, it's not AS lethal as it was against tier 10's - but it'll stomp on 8's especially with the added AP bombs. And forbid your a German BB of any tier and have to face it and get spawned away from most of your team. Forgoing the fact we should still have OPTIONS, this setup needs to go back to 2,1,3 and if you want to appease the crowd that's gonna whine now they are ineffective - buff the DB HP and accuracy as you should have done 2 years ago so they actually have some consistency and all. Much as I could put up 100k plus with DB's only, it was a bit too much RNG and AA was and still is a heavy issue. But between the AP option, that can nuke BB's and some cruisers, and making HE DB's a bit more accurate, closer but not quite like Saipan's, will do a world of good for them and should leave no one complaining other than about all the fires.

And the other part of the issue is your botched fix for fighters. Did everyone on your staff forget about the DFE skill?That skill that increases DPS 10% when a tier lower? A skill you added ammo to that caused more to pick it up just because of how CV's are and between changes to Essex of a similarly pointless nature and Enterprise, effectively negated the changes because it raises the DPS high enough to almost match the numbers of the previous tier 10, but increases further how much ammo they have. All you really did was a slight increase in the IJN DPS vs USN HP ratio and screw the USN fighters a bit more vs AA. Essex and Midway, actually, the entire damn USN line, needs it's planes to be the same tier fighters as IJN's, save at tier 4 and 5, all tiers need to have their DPS reduced, their ammo increased a bit if at all may not even need that, and HP buffed with IJN MAYBE taking an ammo hit but seeing a DPS increase. You had the right idea, but executed so, so wrong. And I say this as a primarily USN CV player, last check Lex is still my most placed ship. Less show after your horrid changes to her that have had me leave her in port lately.

And hey, once you fix fighters right, you can give USN back it's AS options, adjust IJN's strike and AS options so that if through the tiers USN AS and strike are 2,x,x/1x,x and 3,x,x/2,x,x that IJN's are a similar 2,x,x/1,x.x and 3,x,x/2,xx if the fighters stand on more equal ground, then you don't need the weird group nonsense we have. And done right, the fighters while equal, still play differently with USN being more durable, staying up and having ammo to spare with IJN geared more for defense with it's lower HP or hit and run a bit more. Like a heavy tank vs a med/light or a CA vs a DD. And then you still have the strike groups which, tier 8 as an example, would be 2,0,2/1,1,2 for Lex and 2,2,2 and 1,2,3 (or 1,3,2 - I'd be fine with it as is, but CV damage needs some work and alpha nerf anyway, my opinion - better accuracy so more hits but hits do less than they do now). With AP bombs as an option to wreck BB's and HE that's been dialed in combined with HP (other changes that should be made) makes for an efficient cruiser hunter, and an annoyance to any DD's that are hit. Still able to deal with BB's with 2,0,2HE just have to stack the fires as they burn DCP, but not your bread and butter. AP or strike improves ability against BB, but AP lowers against some cruisers and DD's, strike means maybe less air control. IJN still more torp focused and great for hunting BB's with them, but those gaps in the torp spreads and weaker HP planes means cruisers and DD's aren't exactly the best targets, but still have a chance and have the HE DB's. To which point, it should go back to as it once was ages ago, USN bombers have higher HP, meaning the few groups they have better survive the AA out there even if they attack one at a time. Where as IJN relies on speed and numbers overwhelming the enemies AA. Go with 1,3,2 as strike, they lose a group, still got 2 more and the DB's. And if it necessitates IJN getting some more planes per ship in reserve - do it. And then you have the brute force battering ram method for USN CV's attacking ships and are a bit better at picking on cruisers while IJN is a more quick slash better geared to attack capital ships. Both the Fighters and bombers having and creating their own playstyle or "flavour" and if you include the physical ships, IJN having a bit better stealth, USN having better AA - even more. And if you CHOOSE to play a strike Lex and get put against a AS Lex/AS Shokaku/E, etc - it was your choice and you should know how to adjust to play. Wanna keep it simple at tiers 4 and 5, MAYBE 6 - fine, but 6-10 we should have a choice, or at least 7-10.

Then all you gotta do is fix AA, manual drops, and strafing.

Torp spotting - Look, I play all the classes, and when it comes to DD's, I'm not missing BB's because they spot a torp with a cat plane usually. Maybe the occasional case where a CV's group spotted my torps by happenstance, far enough out, to make a difference. So I'm not sure what you are going for here because if it's an attempt to buff DD's and their torps here's why I miss -

1. Players paying attention, thinking, and using WASD - which is beyond your control

2. Radar - because you've made it so prevalent, because you apparently can't fix it that an island blocks it, and have yet to introduce a counter that can allow me to evade it for even just a few seconds to pop in range of a ship, launch, and get out. 

3. Hydro - This is more just the fact that you again, have made it so prevalent and available. But it's not nearly as broken as Radar due to it's shorter range

4. planes parked over me - to which your spotting changes do nothing.

If you want to help out DD's, and some cruisers - lower their time detected after firing, maybe 12 seconds for cruisers and 6 seconds for DD's, or base it around caliber. Up the speed of non Deep Water torps a bit, maybe a couple knots. Can't believe I'm saying this lower DD detection range by air to 1 km for DD's to try and cut down on the perma spotting issue.

Edited by WanderingGhost

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
12,892 battles

Training Room- thank you for the improvements: Moving,  armed targets are MUCH better.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,523 battles

T10 Ranked Map Rotation - Please remove Trident from the Ranked Battles map rotation for T10 ships in Season 9. Trident is too small for Tier X ships, which carry radar with very long reach and duration, and guns that can easily fire into each other's spawns from the beginning. This was already noted as a problem in previous T8 seasons, and is even worse in T10.

Members
54 posts
12,994 battles
20 hours ago, BootButch said:

Happened to me last night. I was in the middle of a battle and got disconnected. Today when I logged on I got a penalty for "Unsporting Conduct" , leaving the battle early. This was not my fault. Without some method of discerning intentional bail-outs from connection disruptions these penalties are going to cause some unhappy players.

20180412_213556_PJSD108-Akizuki_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
308 posts
9,698 battles
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, Willy55_1955 said:

Why are they charging GOLD to replenish Economic signals? 

BUMP

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles

On the issue of

On 4/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

System for Prevention of Unsporting Conduct

What I have seen so far is not promising. I dont mind the get tough on friendlies campaign but here is a few things I have bare witness too.

1. BBs are not going to like the changes, the class has the highest caliber guns that do a lot of instant pinkness. I have seen it with my own eyes where a friendly BB was issues a team kill penalty, he probably did not have the intent to do so. None the less with the new rules that is a 8 game penalty and I think restriction to Co-Op Yikes.

I would like to suggest a few things before the monitors in Austin will end up busy handling an abundance complaints from Cpts; That are not use to this much sensativity to team DMG and the penalties attached. Before the implementation of this system takes affect, I suggest/request two things

1. A warning/notification system for the shooting capt., Notify the shooting capt. that there is a friendly in to close to his firing arc OR an all clear notification system notifying him its ok to shoot no one is near his arc.
  2. A warning/notification system for the Friendly ship that is sailing to the arc of the friendly shooter, to basically move out the way.

Hopefully, these requests are not unreasonable and/or are viable solutions to the upcoming anger that may result IF,  The System for Preventing of Unsporting Conduct ever goes live as is.  Cheers!

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles
On 4/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

New Season of Ranked Battles

Why tier 10 ? I like the rotation of the tiers, for the first quarter of 2018, we have

1. Clan battles tier 10, 2 months
  2. Space battles tier 10 with tier 6 or 7 economy 1 whole month
  3. And now tier 10 Ranked ( along with a cameo from tier 8 and 7). still more time ?

Guys I am tier 10 tired out out. I am not going to list  how tier 10 is the Napoleon ice cream while the rest of the tiers is like Basken Robins. That is for the other threads. Combat missions are getting higher tiers also. Nearly 4 straight months of tier 10 events. Also, the economic discrimination is higher in tier 10, I dont think its going to be a fair fight for everyone. When only a few cpts have deep pockets for Tier 10 ships from Ranked 10 to Ranked 2, that is expensive.  I suggest to give Tier 10 a break while showcasing the other tiers. Just a suggestion, cheers!

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[LDC]
Members
15 posts
3,370 battles

Hi everyone. I'm a flatout newbee in relation to everyone to the game and in the forum. Enjoy all insite/comments. Never felt compelled to comment on subjects till now. So pretty please take a good look at what Navalpride33 is suggesting. Lower tier clan battles would be a tremendous boost in participation. Some clans and membership simply can't compete with what is being put out in front of us right now. Rentals? Really? Spend a boat load of time and credits for what? Fodder for the folks that have the ships? Obviously I'm missing something here. But if we can allow lower tier clan battles. Imagine the experience for the participation to be so much more competitive in later tier clan battles . 

[L-O-M]
Members
2 posts
12,809 battles

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY REWARD #4 FOR PLAYING RANK IN A VII IS RESTRICTED TO (RANK 1) FROM LAST YEAR? I KNOW YOU HAVE CHANGED THE RULES OF PLAYING RANK ....SO WHY DO YOU ONLY LET THE RANK 1 PLAYERS EARN #4 REWARD?

Members
61 posts
7,893 battles
System for Prevention of Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
I  understand unsportsman like contact or foul language or Sinking a teammates ship
you get punished.
1---Inactivity in battle.
I had gotten into a battle and I got penalized unsportsmanlike conduct for inactivity. I started in the Battle my internet went down.When i got in 5 minutes later my ship was sunk. My ship was pink for one battle. What it amounts to is that you're penalizing somebody for not having a good internet connection and it's embarrassing for your ship to be pink.I think this should removed unless you have a way to tell if there still in the battle.

2---Drop out of a battle
You will also be penalized if you drop out of a battle I've lost internet connection plenty of times during battles. 
How about a icon on the screen you Press control you get  the arrow you can press the button.Then you know thay left the battle not because of lost internet connection.

[YOGI]
Members
6 posts
1,567 battles

well today i got a what i call a major penalty for causing damage to an alley!!launched at close range torpedos! one hit and forgot to change back to guns! launched a 2nd  volley and hit my team mate!! got the warning then the penelty!! Although i agree accidents happen when playing the game one needs to pay attention to what there doing. I think the new rules are justified but this morning i had been deliberately shot from another team mate i made the comment " i am tempted to shot back to him" but i did not and the game continued to the end. I had lost half my HP  till the end of the game when i got sunk. Please don't change the rules.