You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

My first T4 19pt commander...

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,015 posts
12,931 battles

...does that make me a seal clubber???

It's not my intention to be one but when you love a ship as much as I do the Isokaze the points do add up and when a Santa crate gifted me with a Kamikaze this past season I knew it was only a matter of time before my 16pt Iso commander would make it to 19pts. Much like when I won the G.Spee made it inevitable that my Yorck would have a 19pt commander. Seeing as how the Kami is just a super buffed Iso this commander is going to be getting a lot of play.

Besides the 2 already mentioned I also have 2 USN BB 19pters and 2 KM BB 19pters. Outside of the G.Spee and Arizona none of them get used below T7 until now. It was never that hard hunting those slow lumbering BBs and CVs at those lower tiers but this almost makes it too easy.

Here is the setup I'm using:

1pt Preventive Maintenance

2pt Jack of all Trades, Smoke Screen Expert, Adrenaline Rush, Last Stand

3pt Torpedo Armament Expert, Superintendent

4pt Concealment Expert

I know that others would do it differently but this setup works for me. Some in particular might question the AR but I've won a game by sinking a CA and taking the enemy cap with just 17 damage points left on my Isokaze so for me the game's not over until I'm dead, I don't ever go slink off to a corner to lick my wounds.

I run Survivability Expert on my upper tier DDs but since the benefit is a tier based multiple the cost/benefit ratio just isn't there for me.

Superintendent combined with premium consumables means that I'll be just as dangerous in the last half of the game as the first. Jack of all trades is there because if I need a consumable the sooner the better.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I consider that at Low Tier's, Concealment Expert is not needed because of how small the maps are.

[RNJR]
Members
200 posts
4,157 battles
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

I consider that at Low Tier's, Concealment Expert is not needed because of how small the maps are.

Well Kami/Fujin concealment is 6.2 and concealment expert captain and a camo drops it down to an insane 5.4km. For 7km torpedos the extra concealment helps guarantee torps.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,888 posts
10,013 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Let the club hit the seal.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles

If you have to ask if you are a seal clubber, then you just might know the answer already...  :Smile_smile:

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,260 posts
5,679 battles

Let the club hit the seal makes me think of Let the Bodies Hit the floor by drowning pool.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,757 posts
9,488 battles

Clemson with RPF and CE is sadistic against poor IJN DDs at that tier. 

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
1 hour ago, Swift_Scythe said:

Well Kami/Fujin concealment is 6.2 and concealment expert captain and a camo drops it down to an insane 5.4km. For 7km torpedos the extra concealment helps guarantee torps.

Agree. That extra margin makes setting up a torp run a bit more comfortable. You don't need to worry that you are riding the edge of your concealment.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Fearless Leader approves of seal clubbing, and will give bonus points if you get Moose and Squirrel.

LacpjVy.jpg

Members
1,015 posts
12,931 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

Clemson with RPF and CE is sadistic against poor IJN DDs at that tier. 

Hey...that's no lie. A Clemson with a driver that knows what they're doing is the one thing I don't want to run into.

Members
126 posts
303 battles

I put 19pt Yamamoto in my Isokaze (and my Kamikaze r) just because I like fireworks. I’m not down there to beat up seals, however, as much as I’m there to punish the inevitable Nikolai. I only wish I could see the look on their faces when they realize, “Shoot, I’ve been clubbed!”

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
18 hours ago, Swift_Scythe said:

Tier V is mixed low tier and high tier. So as long as you are uptiered, you can make full use of it. When downtiered, you are huuuuuuge.

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,509 battles
16 hours ago, kagero__ said:

I put 19pt Yamamoto in my Isokaze (and my Kamikaze r) just because I like fireworks. I’m not down there to beat up seals, however, as much as I’m there to punish the inevitable Nikolai. I only wish I could see the look on their faces when they realize, “Shoot, I’ve been clubbed!”

One does not simply club another club.  

Side point; how the hell do you have a 19 point Yamamoto with only 300 batttles...?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,787 posts
12,929 battles

No worries.   You're usually not the only clubber...and there are clubbers on the other team.  Not to mention the occasional re-roll (bionic) seal.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

Was watching a youtube this morning before heading to the Gulag to earn money so I can participate in the PtW horde. 

Anywhoo...Flambu and his cohort decided for giggles to do a 3 man division at Tier 1 all in their Hermelins.  Pretty humorous video.   There were 4 to 5 players on the red team that were clearly-clearly clubbing at low tier.  The clubbers were obviously Skilled shooters with high skill captains -- you could tell cause most of them seemed to be using  inertia fuse and advanced firing training. 

Members
1,015 posts
12,931 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

No worries.   You're usually not the only clubber...and there are clubbers on the other team.  Not to mention the occasional re-roll (bionic) seal.

These days it does seem that there are just as many clubbers as seals at T4/5. That's OK though as it makes the game play at those tiers competitive and far from boring.

Members
1,015 posts
12,931 battles
3 hours ago, Happy668 said:

no wonder newcomers quit

OR... they get very good very quickly and six months from now they're kicking our butts at T8. Learning and adapting might be seen as fun for some competitors.

It reminds me of getting my butt kicked when rising through the ranks. Much like when I was learning how to play chess back in the stone age '60s. I would seek out games with much better players than myself to see how they did it. You have to set aside any concerns about things like win rates but really the school of hard knocks is the best way to learn.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
4 hours ago, Happy668 said:

no wonder newcomers quit

Anyone who quits because they get seal clubbed in a PvP game wasn't going  to stay around anyway.   Of course, with only 650ish PvP games, I'm not eligible for the 'seal-clubber' title anyway.  I'm King Seal.

You've been around longer than me by about 9 months, so you'd be the clubber at that level. :cap_cool:

Edited by mavfin87

Members
126 posts
303 battles
11 hours ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

One does not simply club another club.  

Side point; how the hell do you have a 19 point Yamamoto with only 300 batttles...?

I have accounts on EU, SEA, and now NA. I started playing when I lived in London, but these days I spend most of my time bouncing between Seattle and Kuala Lampur. EU is still my “home field” for Warships, but I play most often on SEA. North America is pretty meh play-wise, but the forum is easy to use.