You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_irony_

0.7.4 Public Test Bug Reports

71 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
4,882 battles

Greetings Captains!

The 0.7.4 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here(instructions are given for the live server, however, they will be identical to Public test): 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

WGCheckQA_EN.zip

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
241 posts
3,611 battles

I can't seem to log in. I keep getting "Failed to Connect to Server" errors despite the fact the PTS is online.

Beta Testers
74 posts

The Mission Reward on Main Account #4 presents the requirements of Play a Battle, Ranked Battle, Tier VII Ships; however, the Ranked Battle will only allow tier VIII .  I'm imagining this, right ?  :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
8 minutes ago, Detonator53 said:

The Mission Reward on Main Account #4 presents the requirements of Play a Battle, Ranked Battle, Tier VII Ships; however, the Ranked Battle will only allow tier VIII .  I'm imagining this, right ?  :cap_wander:

The article on the home page says you need to compete in the "League of Sea Wolves"  i.e reach rank 1 and play a game.  Rank 1 games are tier 7.

• Cool 1

[MORSV]
Members
106 posts

I don't know how well the new fixes will work since the game has crashed in every battle I played.  Mission 4 is impossible to complete because it requires you to play a Ranked battle in a tier 7 ship.  Ranked requires you to play in a tier 8 ship.

Crashes have occurred using both direct X 9 and 11.  Lag is real bad regardless of FPS or ping.  Game will also crash if you switch between windowed and full screen, even in port.  Usually switching twice does this.

As is, right now, the test server is almost unplayable for me because of lag and crash issues.

[SAUCE]
Members
17 posts
2,683 battles

cant make AI BOTS active in training room. maybe they forgot it?

[DRI-S]
Members
27 posts
16,878 battles

Mission Reward on Main Account #4 presents the requirements of Play a Battle, Ranked Battle, Tier VII Ships; however, the Ranked Battle will only allow tier VII

[WORX]
Members
1,643 posts
12,703 battles
48 minutes ago, Cowardly_Lion said:

it requires you to play a Ranked battle in a tier 7 ship.  Ranked requires you to play in a tier 8 ship.

Ship Tiers - Season 9

Ranks 23 - 11: Tier VIII  Tier VIII
Ranks 10 - 2: Tier XTier X
Rank 1:  Tier VIITier VII

CHeers!

Edited by Navalpride33

[DRI-S]
Members
27 posts
16,878 battles

YES I KNOW WIL THEY FIX OR JUST SEND ME THE FLAGS

WELL SORRY WHEN U GET TO RANK 1 ITS TIER 7

Edited by SirTelsek

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
4,882 battles
1 hour ago, Cowardly_Lion said:

I don't know how well the new fixes will work since the game has crashed in every battle I played.  Mission 4 is impossible to complete because it requires you to play a Ranked battle in a tier 7 ship.  Ranked requires you to play in a tier 8 ship.

Crashes have occurred using both direct X 9 and 11.  Lag is real bad regardless of FPS or ping.  Game will also crash if you switch between windowed and full screen, even in port.  Usually switching twice does this.

As is, right now, the test server is almost unplayable for me because of lag and crash issues.

Sorry to hear that you experience crashes. Could you please send me your PT WG Check report so we could check and share it with the development team?

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
93 posts
8,658 battles
3 hours ago, Detonator53 said:

Nope, not imagining it. 

The window in the combat mission states as you indicate, "Completion criteria Tier VII Ships" but the client won't let you play ranked except with Tier VIIIs.  Typo in the combat mission info, I suspect.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
1 hour ago, CaptQu33r said:

Same here.

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
4,882 battles
3 minutes ago, joel9507 said:

Nope, not imagining it. 

The window in the combat mission states as you indicate, "Completion criteria Tier VII Ships" but the client won't let you play ranked except with Tier VIIIs.  Typo in the combat mission info, I suspect.

Not a typo or mistake. You need to reach rank one first in order to be able to use tier VII ships in ranked. 

[WORX]
Members
1,643 posts
12,703 battles

@_irony_ Hi,

Just a quick question, so so we're clear. PTS want us to grind for what WG stats states takes 10 to reach ranked 1 in less then 4 days ? Yikes man that is a serious grind if that is true lol

[WGA]
Developers
93 posts
4,882 battles

Not really. On the main server it'll be hard but I already at rank 3 myself. You start at Rank 5. Only 1 win to rank 4. Two stars for rank 3. Starting from rank 3 you play tier X ships. It's not that hard to do since all ranks but 2 are irrevocable.

[WORX]
Members
1,643 posts
12,703 battles
6 minutes ago, _irony_ said:

You start at Rank 5. Only 1 win to rank 4. Two stars for rank 3. Starting from rank 3 you play tier X ships. It's not that hard to do since all ranks but 2 are irrevocable.

After the clarification your right, Thank you.... I just wanted everyone to see that because There wasn't anything stated and people were all ready freaking out  (me included) lol.

Thank you in advance ..

[STW-A]
Members
158 posts

Ranked bug:

Playing Shokaku at rank 4.  Won the second star to advance to rank 3 - and on the results screen is a button to "Battle On".  I pressed it (duh...), and the game locked up by flickering with the port music on.

In other words, I had the option to "Battle On" after a victory with my tier 8 cv which would put me in a rank 3, tier 10 only match, and the game froze.

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
93 posts
8,658 battles
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Same here.

Ditto. 

The test server announcement page shows some UI that seems to be missing altogether.  Under the ship tier/icon/name in the target box,  under the "ADD" button there's supposed to be a couple checkbox options (for whether the ship is moving and/or shooting) and a dropdown (for AI level), but nothing like that shows up - just the ship tier/icon/name and the 'ADD' button. :(

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
8 minutes ago, joel9507 said:

Ditto. 

The test server announcement page shows some UI that seems to be missing altogether.  Under the ship tier/icon/name in the target box,  under the "ADD" button there's supposed to be a couple checkbox options (for whether the ship is moving and/or shooting) and a dropdown (for AI level), but nothing like that shows up - just the ship tier/icon/name and the 'ADD' button. :(

Hopefully they will patch that tomorrow or even sooner.

[SAUCE]
Members
17 posts
2,683 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Hopefully they will patch that tomorrow or even sooner.

36 minutes ago, Drafting_Menace77 said:

I also cannot add active bots to the training room. Wonder if it is a user interface bug?

they better i have ships to test XP

[SYJ]
Members
37 posts
5,630 battles
7 hours ago, CaptQu33r said:

DITTO

Members
5 posts
5,456 battles

I have been having the game lockup just as the battle starts in 7.3 and now in 7.4. This has caused a pink violation in test. That will not work, because I could not get into battle to start with. As this problem is happening in the current live client, something common to both must be causing it. I have not had this problem prior to 7.3. Only started with last update. Was no big deal until now if it is going to cause me to get penalized. I might add that it is a very random thing, as most of the time I can play for hours with no problem. Enclosing report. HELP ME!!!!

WoWS_report.wgc