Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
yacskn

A Love Letter For WG

11 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,343 battles

Hello WG Team,

How are you? Well? That's good to hear. I know we haven't talked in a while (and it's totally my fault too) and I kinda missed you I guess. Sorry for taking you for granted.

Speaking of traps; you know that A cap on the Trap map? Yea, you can go ahead and delete that into oblivion, please. Whenever I see a mass push into A by my team on that map, I know it's a lost cause. That A cap is basically a black hole of useable firepower. If you happen to push for A at the start and the enemy went for C, well that's just an automatic loss for all intents and purposes, isn't it? Because what will almost invariably happen is that the C force will push down to B and then hammer the bejeezus out of everyone one by one.

One would think of course that the solution is simple; simply don't go there. To which I would say; "Oh my sweet summer child, you're so innocent. Welcome to WoWs and sorry for the pain you're about to endure." You try convincing anyone to not go to A on that map, game after game. In fact, I'll eat my own hair if anyone is able to keep anyone from doing stupid things en masse time after time in this game, where everyone's a fricking armchair admiral.

Long story short, I can't take it anymore. You've done some great work modifying certain maps and turning absolute terrible cap points into a more efficient use of force in the past. Can you do it again (again) for this map as well? Pretty please? I happen to think that diamond pattern deployment of caps you rolled out recently would work beautifully in this particular map, one placed between what is normally A and B, and the other roughly in its usual place at C - with the other two in spawn points.

Anyway champs, I know you are busy so I won't keep you any longer. Don't forget to take breaks every other hour, you don't want to develop weird bone illnesses when you get older.

Take care. Love you! :fish_aqua:

For reference here's the map (it's the previous version because there aren't any links to the new one on the internet apparently):

29dczk.jpg

Edited by yacskn
  • Funny 1

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,191 battles
6 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Speaking of maps; you know that A cap on Trap? Yea, you can go ahead and delete that into oblivion, please. Whenever I see a mass push into A by my team on that map, I know it's a lost cause. That A cap is basically a black hole of useable firepower. If you happen to push for A at the start and the enemy went for C, well that's just an automatic loss for all intents and purposes, isn't it? Because what will almost invariably happen is that the C force will push down to B and then hammer the bejeezus out of everyone one by one.

This is assuming your team actually goes C => B and doesn't get lost touring the islands

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,726 battles

I love this.

Can we sub Okinawa for Trap as well?

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,726 battles

I mean, in the context provided.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,786 posts
12,925 battles
18 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Take care. Love you! :fish_aqua:

In summary, if you got the balls....go A!

aaa.jpg.39c2f9c5d1246f9abd8d3d59a44f42a6.jpg

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,343 battles
2 hours ago, FacePalming said:

This is assuming your team actually goes C => B and doesn't get lost touring the islands

Well yeah, didn't I already say something to that effect?

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,343 battles

Was kinda hoping that this would get more eyeballs because, despite my light-hearted tone, I actually do think that Trap and Neighbours maps are two of the most problematic maps in the game.

Both are extremely easy to win provided the enemy team goes to the area blocked by islands (A on Trap, C on Neighbours) and your's to a more open part of the map*. The situation is so invariably consistent that it almost amounts to a cheat.

Looking for comments on this issue from the rest of the community so that the devs can take this more seriously.

*I should make it clear that most maps in the game suffer from an unbalance of "islands vs open spaces" issue, but as far as I'm concerned, other maps don't have as much effect on win rates due to the general deployment of teams, which can be the case for these two as well if the devs do to them what they did to the others recently (like the diamond placement of caps). The Okinawa map for example doesn't suffer from this as much because there's almost always a strong presence around A by both teams. Things only change when one team decides to take the other route in force, which happens rather often in Trap and in Neighbours.

For reference here's Trap (it's the previous version because there aren't any links to the new one on the internet apparently):

29dczk.jpg

And here's Neighbours:

World+of+Warships+Patch+0_5_6+Neighbors+

Edited by yacskn

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,006 battles

Yuppp, as much as i hate trap it has to be one of my favorite's mainly due to its nature of being simillar to myself :p

in all honesty can we get ocean back so we dont have to worry about firepower getting dumped into a black hole behind a island?

Sign in to follow this