You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Why the pathetic, unimaginative rank 1 rewards.?

28 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles

So those players that have been playing ranked and ranking out every season can now get a pirate flag with a different Roman numeral on it. 

Is it really that hard to change up the flag, WG? It's not like there aren't dozens of pirate flag formats. Or is it that you keep handing the job off to the intern to complete and changing the Roman numeral is all they are capable of? 

Ranked season rewards have gotten extremely stale. Horrible looking camos for 7 rank outs and a copy paste flag for the rest of them lately.

Once I get a flint, I don't see any reason to keep going if these are the pathetic rewards that WG is going to give us. 3 seasons without a ship and all WG can do is change the numeral on a flag. 

If you want to keep us interested WG, then make it interesting!! You are going to kill ranked by your lack of effort in making rewards for it. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

You earn the flags to earn the ship. Were you expecting a Missouri?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles

Ranked rewards in general have been tuned way downward in the last two seasons. I guess Clan Battles is where they want the focus to be now.

I do agree, though, that the "flag only" seasons feel kinda bad.

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles
4 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

Relationships are the only ships you need.

lol

Very true, although ownership is a good one as well

• Funny 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Ranked rewards in general have been tuned way downward in the last two seasons. I guess Clan Battles is where they want the focus to be now.

I do agree, though, that the "flag only" seasons feel kinda bad.

It would be kinda cool if the flags were actually different though. Like calico Jack's crossed swords and such

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles

At some point, they're going to say, "we're releasing this new ship for a Ranked reward, it will take 4 pirate flags to earn it."

If you were collecting flags previously, you'll be able to get it almost immediately.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

It would be kinda cool if the flags were actually different though. Like calico Jack's crossed swords and such

That would be a small cool thing, sure. Personally, I still can't use any of them until they add the second flag slot to the other ship lines.

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles
16 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So those players that have been playing ranked and ranking out every season can now get a pirate flag with a different Roman numeral on it. 

Is it really that hard to change up the flag, WG? It's not like there aren't dozens of pirate flag formats. Or is it that you keep handing the job off to the intern to complete and changing the Roman numeral is all they are capable of? 

Ranked season rewards have gotten extremely stale. Horrible looking camos for 7 rank outs and a copy paste flag for the rest of them lately.

Once I get a flint, I don't see any reason to keep going if these are the pathetic rewards that WG is going to give us. 3 seasons without a ship and all WG can do is change the numeral on a flag. 

If you want to keep us interested WG, then make it interesting!! You are going to kill ranked by your lack of effort in making rewards for it. 

My perspective is you do something because you enjoy it or like the challenge, not simply for rewards.

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles
19 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

My perspective is you do something because you enjoy it or like the challenge, not simply for rewards.

Yeah, pro athletes just play for fun. They don't care about the rewards at all. I'm sure they don't care if they get paid and get trophies, etc. 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,771 posts
13,567 battles

Looking at the Effort/Reward ratio of Rank is diminishing the enjoyment and increasing the amount of frustration inherent to this game mode. 

At this point I'm just in this for the Black and once I've reached it I'll seriously consider not playing Rank moving forward. 

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,984 battles
25 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

We do both, actually.    Which is why Ducky posted.

When we look at "content" from a WG perspective, what do we see?   Missions, and more missions - all with some sort of reward.    And free ships are definitely in that mission meta.    See the recent events for the French BBs, Duke of York, Aigle, etc., etc.

They introduce a grinding mission.  They reward with high quality flags or ships.    Given that Ranked is probably the granddaddy of all grinding slogs, the associated awards seem a bit meek, compared to the much-easier missions that award a ship.    The incentive to play doesn't seem equivalent to what's seen on other missions.

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Yeah, pro athletes just play for fun. They don't care about the rewards at all. I'm sure they don't care if they get paid and get trophies, etc. 

Bad analogy. Actually any relation you make between the exchange of your time and/or talents or labor for a wage/pay is not a reward system it is an economic exchange- big difference. The trophy is their reward for their love of competition, and yes some are monetarily incentivized, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a challenge or enjoyment to what they are doing that motivates them. So you're wrong on all accounts.

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles

Its a good thing we like Ducky even without a roman-numeraled flag flying Black...

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles
2 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Bad analogy. Actually any relation you make between the exchange of your time and/or talents or labor for a wage/pay is not a reward system it is an economic exchange- big difference. The trophy is their reward for their love of competition, and yes some are monetarily incentivized, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a challenge or enjoyment to what they are doing that motivates them. So you're wrong on all accounts.

OK, take out all rewards for ranked and how many people would do it? 

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles
1 minute ago, Gerbertz said:

Its a good thing we like Ducky even without a roman-numeraled flag flying Black...

That's actually highly doubtful

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Doing it for the rewards.  To hell with doing it for the challenge, or just for fun.

Such a ghetto mentality.

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Probably the just the really competitive ones that just want the 1 next to their handle. I'm not- I haven't gone above 3. I don't have patience in randoms much less for ranked in what those battles usually devolve into.

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,984 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

I agree.  And to expand it further,  why do so many threads (or responses within threads) have players stopping at Rank 15?      The rewards diminish around that point, and the aggravation of "randomly-competitive" play increases.

And I'm ok with the Ranked approach - I can choose to grind or resign at Rank 10 (which is where I usually stop).  

If they offered a more-enticing reward, I might stay longer.

A bigger reward certainly wouldn't differ from the weekly/monthly mission approach we currently get.    And those grinds are way much easier to finish.   

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles
6 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Doing it for the rewards.  To hell with doing it for the challenge, or just for fun.

Such a ghetto mentality.

I said MY perspective which is not yours and that is good. Need all kinds, makes things more interesting.

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles
17 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Looking at the Effort/Reward ratio of Rank is diminishing the enjoyment and increasing the amount of frustration inherent to this game mode. 

At this point I'm just in this for the Black and once I've reached it I'll seriously consider not playing Rank moving forward. 

Until the next reward ship...."Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles
2 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

I agree.  And to expand it further,  why do so many threads (or responses within threads) have players stopping at Rank 15?      The rewards diminish around that point, and the aggravation of  "randomly-competitive" play increases.

And I'm ok with the Ranked approach - I can choose to grind or resign at Rank 10 (which is where I usually stop).  

If they offered a more-enticing reward, I might stay longer.

This^^

Something to make putting up with the salty, excuse me, "randomly-competitive" play worthwhile.

Members
309 posts
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Black is easily the most OP ship in the game, so.....