You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

5 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Members
60 posts
7,660 battles

Hey all, 

First I will admit, I do not play Cvs... But I'm throwing this out just to see what people think.  First, does WG have the ability to incorporate player skill into match making?  I'm thinking that in general the idea of skill-based MM should be considered but at the very least CVs should be matched up based on their skill.  This is because the ability for a "great-super unicum" Cv driver to completely decimate a less experienced Cv player and full on carry his or her's respective team.  This isn't any fun for anyone else playing that match... the other CV player leaves frustrated, the other team is helpless and leaves frustrated, and the CV player's own team also experiences diminished game play (We've all had those games where the enemy team sinks so fast you end up chasing around the battle and doing diddly-squat).

Now there are a couple issues with this that I've thought of:

First, match making might take EVEN longer for CVs.  The fix for this would be the same is as being introduced in 7.4.0, where they're strictly going to mirror ship types and tiers until a player has waited for 3 minutes.  So, for the first 3 minutes CVs players will be matched based on skill and after, will simply be matched up with the first available CV player in their range.

Second, if CV players don't get matched up with players that are better than you, you won't learn and improve.  Yes, I think this is true.  However, this can be solved by increasing the range of ability that players can be paired up with.  Ie. Rather than a player with a WTR of 1200 in their Lexington just being paired up with another player that has a WTR of 1200, that player has the potential to be paired up with a player with a WTR between 1000 and 1400.  This range will move up and down according to that players ability.

Anyways, folks, this is just an idea and I've received mostly positive feedback from people who I've mentioned it to.  Please let me know what you think and if there are any issues with this.

Cheers :)

dark.png

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles

They do have the ability and it was in the WoWP MM for a time with disastrous results. The skill level that you would need to use is the one that is next to impossible to measure, how good is the player. A poor CV player with a 19 point captain will get slaughtered by a really good CV player with a 6 point captain because player skill is magnified with CV's. There are no simple fixes remaining for CV's and what really needs to be done is a complete rebuild of them.

[IRISH]
Members
347 posts
7,088 battles

Im sorry man..but anybody who DOESN'T play Cv's should really not be bringing up CV topics until you've experienced the world of CV's....its soo different from playing other ship types..that there should be a game seperate called WOCV's...alongside the main one.

I still don't agree CV's need a major overhaul..I think there needs to be a greater variety in what CV's do...like cockpit mode using the WOWp engine...CV's can be VERY boring to play waiting for your planes to return..relaunch...retarget...that alone can take 2 to 3 minutes..Insane...

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles

mm by WTR its not going happens. Never. First because we have low cv population, second because that should apply to all clases. they cant even fix the T8 mm... imagine implement that.