Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

A tale of two cruisers, Part 2.

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,721
[ARGSY]
Members
5,800 posts
3,966 battles

Fiji vs. Edinburgh.

The Ed seems to have slightly faster turret rotation, a slightly higher rate of fire, and more heavy AA. Aside from that, they appear practically identical and I would happily take the Fiji into any game in which I take an Edinburgh (I go with smoke rather than radar at the moment).

That being said, the gameplay is decidedly different, especially when T9 and T10 ships dominate the Edinburgh's matchmaking. In Fiji games, I always had the feeling that I could make the occasional mistake and get away with it (more so when I am top tier or only a few T8 ships are present). Playing the Edinburgh feels like dancing on a razor's edge, with the slightest mistake likely to end me. I sort of like that. :Smile_izmena:

Right now I figure if I can walk away from an Edinburgh Random game with my ship still floating, I've done well. Only a few thousand XP to go before I can increase my gun range - hopefully I will have that done before Ranked, in which I figure I'm even MORE likely to get hammered for the slightest slip - but at least in Ranked I can't be bottom-tier! There is that!

 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,478 battles

Fully upgraded, the Edinburgh is a totally different beast. That is in the positive , not the negative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
431
[FML]
Members
1,631 posts
9,904 battles
24 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Fully upgraded, the Edinburgh is a totally different beast. That is in the positive , not the negative. 

Still, tier-for-tier, I flet that the Fiji was much stronger.  I think its because of the pure 50 per cent increase in guns on the Leander; whereas, the improvements to edin are all about the soft stats (particularly concealment, with the module). 

 

I prefer Fiji.,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,478 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Still, tier-for-tier, I flet that the Fiji was much stronger.  I think its because of the pure 50 per cent increase in guns on the Leander; whereas, the improvements to edin are all about the soft stats (particularly concealment, with the module). 

 

I prefer Fiji.,  

Each to there own, my friend :Smile_honoring: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,585
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Fiji vs. Edinburgh.

The Ed seems to have slightly faster turret rotation, a slightly higher rate of fire, and more heavy AA. Aside from that, they appear practically identical and I would happily take the Fiji into any game in which I take an Edinburgh (I go with smoke rather than radar at the moment).

That being said, the gameplay is decidedly different, especially when T9 and T10 ships dominate the Edinburgh's matchmaking. In Fiji games, I always had the feeling that I could make the occasional mistake and get away with it (more so when I am top tier or only a few T8 ships are present). Playing the Edinburgh feels like dancing on a razor's edge, with the slightest mistake likely to end me. I sort of like that. :Smile_izmena:

Right now I figure if I can walk away from an Edinburgh Random game with my ship still floating, I've done well. Only a few thousand XP to go before I can increase my gun range - hopefully I will have that done before Ranked, in which I figure I'm even MORE likely to get hammered for the slightest slip - but at least in Ranked I can't be bottom-tier! There is that!

 

Well..... Ranked Battles can be a good place to grind a ship you have fully upgraded.  That said, cruisers do tend to be a bit more challenging in Ranked because there are so many BBs who are looking for a chance to, as Jingles would say, give you a paddlin'.

But if you can make it work, more power to you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
631 posts
4,139 battles

The Fiji's match making definitely makes it feel like the better ship. Most of my Edinburgh battles have been in the tier 8-10 bracket and while she can still do well, minor mistakes are not forgiven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,721
[ARGSY]
Members
5,800 posts
3,966 battles
55 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Still, tier-for-tier, I flet that the Fiji was much stronger.  I think its because of the pure 50 per cent increase in guns on the Leander; whereas, the improvements to edin are all about the soft stats

I agree. With each jump from Emerald to Leander to Fiji, the changes to the main armament make you feel like you've stepped up into something markedly better than what you had before. Edinburgh is not that much of a change but the opposition suddenly becomes a lot nastier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

It's much the same as the jump from the Konigsberg to the Nurnberg German side.  Same guns at a higher tier.  Makes it a little difficult from time to time, especially if you have bad aim like I do lol.  But that stealth on the Edinburgh is amazing.  Plus the fact that even though you're facing tougher opposition but now you have access to the British Super Heal.  That thing makes a lot of difference.  So even though you're getting hit hard for a mistake, if the mistake doesn't outright delete you, you may have a chance to come back from it.  Not all the time, but sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×