You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IndygoEEI

WoWS HumbleBundle Promo (New\Old Players)

26 comments in this topic

[XCOM]
Beta Testers
87 posts
140 battles

Right now at HumbleBundle, you can get a free HumbleBundle flag for ships.

New players also get 3 days premium, Humble Bundle Camo (WHY NOT OLD!?) and 250 doubloons.

Full details can be found at The Daily Bounce...

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/04/12/world-of-warships-free-humble-bundle-flag/

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
1 hour ago, IndygoEEI said:

New players also get 3 days premium, Humble Bundle Camo (WHY NOT OLD!?) and 250 doubloons.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/04/12/world-of-warships-free-humble-bundle-flag/

The goal it would seem is to bring in new players, not worry about retaining old players. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
283 posts
9,590 battles

While I appreciate the effort to post this, how many new players that could benefit from this post actually visit the forums? As to a flag, well, I have one or two already and it's not worth the effort to obtain another.

Thank you for posting the link however. 

[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,070 battles

Easy enough I do wish it had some bonus for existing players but oh well

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,136 posts
8,762 battles
20 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

While I appreciate the effort to post this, how many new players that could benefit from this post actually visit the forums? As to a flag, well, I have one or two already and it's not worth the effort to obtain another.

Thank you for posting the link however. 

Not as many as should, the new players that will come here are the ones that went to other games forums but that is only a tiny percentage of any games player base.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

thanks, I redeem my code without having to sign up

[XCOM]
Beta Testers
87 posts
140 battles
2 hours ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Thanks for sharing with everyone!

YW!

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
2 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I got a flag. It wasn't worth the effort.

Yea. I saw it was like 15 steps and was like "[edited] it, never mind". Did see this though :cap_wander::

fGCsI2s.png

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Yea. I saw it was like 15 steps and was like "[edited] it, never mind". Did see this though :cap_wander::

fGCsI2s.png

I have a flag that's a free ad for something. Yay.

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

5000 games....I got a rock. Don't play get a Cesare..new..here's free stuff...5000 games....screw you and your loyalty.

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles

It's just like when the local phone company sends out those ads every month rewarding new customers with a 50 or 100 dollar visa gift card.  However, my phone bill kept going up, until I cancelled the service.  I guess I was paying for those promotions.

Oh well, I like flags.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,403 battles
On 4/12/2018 at 11:25 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

The goal it would seem is to bring in new players, not worry about retaining old players. 

Old players get heaps off free stuff in game. Spoilt brat's gamer's have become. :cap_wander_2:

• Boring 1

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles
11 hours ago, KalishniKat said:

5000 games....I got a rock. Don't play get a Cesare..new..here's free stuff...5000 games....screw you and your loyalty.

That email with the free ships worked.  I came back to the game after a six month break and have already spent more than the ship cost.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
4 hours ago, Amenhir said:

It's just like when the local phone company sends out those ads every month rewarding new customers with a 50 or 100 dollar visa gift card.  However, my phone bill kept going up, until I cancelled the service.  I guess I was paying for those promotions.

Oh well, I like flags.

Yup.

Once consumers figure out what's going on, they jump ship. The concept of retaining customers is almost foreign to a lot of companies these days. "Used to be" companies wanted a long-term relationship with those they brought in through such advertising means. You know, a healthy pattern of growth, not a wave of incoming/outgoing customers. 

I suspect they figure if they can make back what they spent on the advertising process (break even) then they lost nothing. Everything after that is gross profit. 

What I find ridiculous is the need to threaten a company - like your cable company - with dropping their service in order to get a better deal. Wastes their time, our time, everybody involved in the process's time... 

I fly the military flag for the 5% bonus... when I finally collect all the Yamamoto things needed to fly two flags on IJN ships, wow, what a luxury! I'll be able to fly two flags, yay! One flag will always be the military bonus flag. 

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

What I find ridiculous is the need to threaten a company - like your cable company - with dropping their service in order to get a better deal. Wastes their time, our time, everybody involved in the process's time... 

I had to call my phone company just about every year to do that very thing.  They could give me some great discounts but the bill would steadily creep up bit by bit until it was higher than when I called the last time.  Exact same services and what not.  I finally went straight mobile and got cable internet.   I couldn't justify paying 100+ bucks a month for 3-20 mbps when I could pay 100 bucks for 200.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
23 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I had to call my phone company just about every year to do that very thing.  They could give me some great discounts but the bill would steadily creep up bit by bit until it was higher than when I called the last time.  Exact same services and what not.  I finally went straight mobile and got cable internet.   I couldn't justify paying 100+ bucks a month for 3-20 mbps when I could pay 100 bucks for 200.

Yup... and with some of the next gen cellular coming... I suspect we'll all begin dropping cable the way we dropped traditional phone lines. Cable companies must know this, must be spending big chunks of their money to gain access to those channels... I'm more hopeful they get shut out due to the price of admission. Can't stand cable company mentality.

For how many years have customers been asking, begging cable companies to provide menu selection of their services, on a per program/channel basis? Heck.. at least 20 years.

"I want this program, that program and this channel.." 

"Thank you sir.. your total cost will be $2.95 subscription fee, plus fifty cents each program for an additional $1.00; to that we'll add $1.50 for the channel, for a total of $5.45 per month."

Sure we'd still need to rent/buy equipment - but that too could be redone.
"You can purchase the hardware you need to use our services; we'll send a list of what works to you, or you can rent it from us until you pay off the hardware, at which point the rental charge for hardware is removed from your bill. Any/all warranty claims must be processed through the hardware vendor however, as we cannot take the manufacturers place for any warranty claim." 

Ah... one can dream.... 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[NOOBS]
Members
79 posts
2,283 battles
On 4/12/2018 at 7:06 AM, IndygoEEI said:

Thanks dude!

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yup... and with some of the next gen cellular coming... I suspect we'll all begin dropping cable the way we dropped traditional phone lines. Cable companies must know this, must be spending big chunks of their money to gain access to those channels... I'm more hopeful they get shut out due to the price of admission. Can't stand cable company mentality.

For how many years have customers been asking, begging cable companies to provide menu selection of their services, on a per program/channel basis? Heck.. at least 20 years.

"I want this program, that program and this channel.." 

"Thank you sir.. your total cost will be $2.95 subscription fee, plus fifty cents each program for an additional $1.00; to that we'll add $1.50 for the channel, for a total of $5.45 per month."

Sure we'd still need to rent/buy equipment - but that too could be redone.
"You can purchase the hardware you need to use our services; we'll send a list of what works to you, or you can rent it from us until you pay off the hardware, at which point the rental charge for hardware is removed from your bill. Any/all warranty claims must be processed through the hardware vendor however, as we cannot take the manufacturers place for any warranty claim." 

Ah... one can dream.... 

If they aren't careful they're going to go the way of Blockbuster Video.  I would be more than fine with that.  I haven't had cable tv in about 10 years.  115 dollars a month for 500 channels I didn't watch.  Tune in to channel 893 "The Sea Monkey Channel."