You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

AWOL Limits

14 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Our Clan has a rule of 35 days AWOL without advance notice will result in Dismissal from the Clan.

Reinstatement is available with a Message to rejoin if room is available.

Is this too Harsh? 

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
Members
97 posts
7,114 battles

Seems fair to me. If they're not online for that long without any advance notice, probably means they no longer really care for the game or they have bigger issues to worry about than getting (temporarily) removed from a virtual clan. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,406 battles

I think it's fine as long as you make it clear when people join... then it's on them whether they still want to commit or not.

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles

Depends on the type of clan you want to run, you want an active clan then that is too lenient. If you're laid back then it probably is, but who am I to judge you know. IMO I think its lenient for X amount of reasons. By joining the X clan you are subject to these rules. that should fix any disagreement. CHeers!

[AK-47]
Members
154 posts
3,104 battles

My clan has a pretty simple rule.. it’s based on oil gained... each 10pts gets you a day being off the game, so if you only been in clan for a week and have only 4 containers collected in the span your getting switched to someone else... but if you have more oil than time in clan if your gone longer than 2 weeks with no prior message you get kicked but aloud to come back... like the oil cause we have all the unlocks and it makes people actually want to stay in the clan. 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Members
139 posts
11,605 battles

If you going to allow 35 days w/o playing then I believe that is unfair to the rest of your clan that finds less players on a reg basis to play with.   If they want to play once every 5 weeks then they probably don't belong in a clan.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

To each their own. As long as your upfront about it then it seems reasonable.  

[SSPL]
Members
73 posts
4,813 battles

We use 30 days and those rules are explained up front.  We also have an LOA (leave of absence) system in our forums.  If you know you are going to be gone for a while, put in an LOA and you are good.  

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

You rang?

• Funny 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,271 posts
10,534 battles

Tactical Strike Group 4 also has it's own participation requirements... along with the customary "Monthly Deadweight Cut Lists" and the LOA section on our forums. It is all spelled-out very clearly in our SOP's, which require all prospective members to read and sign-off on.  Very simple and upfront system!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,415 battles

Of course I have no say here, but I was asked and my recommendation was:

Give 1 days grace for each oil (10) earned...

So if this AWOL player has only generated 10 drops (shows 100 oil on roster), they need to pop in and do a T1 co-op game to stay active every 10 days.

My oil roster in the two clans I'm in is 9110 and 3630.   Under that, I can disappear for 3 years in GWG, and 1 year in SAY.  Thing is.. that won't happen unless I'm dead.

Look through your roster and pick those that joined up, then got angry at the game and unloaded it after only a few missions.  If they get dropped, then they can always reapply since they didn't really invest that much - so no big loss there.

And then you might have the member who is an avid player and has my levels of oil...  then gets in a nasty car accident and gets laid up for 6 months.  That's a wicked slap in the face to be excommunicated from the community.

I think it's a matter of INVESTMENT that they helped build the harbor the most.  I think those should be given the most consideration.

1,266 posts
13 battles

Seems fair to me. As someone else stated, as long that information was made available when a person joins the clan. It could be a nice thing to send them a message or email when they're say..17 days awol (technically 17.5) , which is the half way point to the full 35 days just letting them know that they've been awol already for that amount of time, and remind them of the rule. 

[RST]
Members
78 posts
10,164 battles

35 days I think is more than fair time limit for being AWOL. Since you did add the caveat that if the notified Clan Leadership of an upcoming absence it gives your members the opportunity to make you aware of any G/L situations and avoid getting riffed.  

[GULAG]
[GULAG]
Members
149 posts
1,340 battles

I set it at 30 days for mine. The leadership all talked and gave one player an exemption, as he has been doing contractor work in Afghanistan; his internet connection can barely handle Skype, much less WoWs+Discord. Once he finishes up, the exemption will end.