You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Fun games tonight!

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,147 posts

Had a couple of fun ones tonight, including a 12 torpedo hit, 101k damage game in my Farragut.    Enemy hood ate all 8 of my torps, and the Nagato ate 4 more.  I also roughed up their Farragut and their Nor-Cal with my guns.   Next game  was only 53k, but I also took 2 caps and got 4 defenses.  Both put me atop the team.  Not bad for not having played the ship in months!   Yep, still like this one!

Needless to say, I managed to eke out the French DD mission, lol.

Just got out of a major romp in my Baltimore.   I brawled 3 ships to protect our cap, and killed them all!  (not intentionally- my teammates bailed, and left me holding the bag)  An Iowa, a Baltimore, and a Neptune.  Ended up with 8 citadels, 109 main battery hits, 100,600 damage, and 3 kills.    Afterwards,  I pounded on the Red Colorado until he sailed behind an island, then switched to beating on the Izumo.   Broke an annoying string of pathetically low damage cruiser matches.  (Omaha and Pepsi- out of 6 games, I had one semi decent game in Pepsi.)

Another favorite ship that continues to be really fun.

As an aside, at the start of the match, I was running side by side with our Colorado.  Is it just me, or is Baltimore actually BIGGER??

Lyon had a great match too, to smash the FR BB mission.   I'm eagerly anticipating the tier 8, if this one is this much fun!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I just finished the Honorable Service Campaign got the Shinonome, I Suck in DD's But took out this one and Damn if It didn't Click with me. I did over 100k in three different battles. {I normally do less than 50k "in" three Battles}This one ship has me thinking maybe Putting more effort into learning the DD's.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Today in a T5-7 match on Fault Line I was the only one left holding the western flank after my allied DDs (2 of them), an Atlanta, and the Scharnhorst died. I had to face a King George V and Fuso almost entirely on my own. The KGV went broadside to me and I smacked him for 16k damage using QE's guns, afterwards I guess he got scared and began turning away. I was at low HP vs the nearly full health Fuso, one salvo into him for 15k, another for 11k. I couldn't survive for long so I went for the ram. Ended up with 104k damage and the Fuso kill. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,701 battles
52 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

... got the Shinonome, I Suck in DD's But took out this one and Damn if It didn't Click with me. I did over 100k in three different battles.

Yes.... come to the DDark Side. We have cookies. :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,701 battles
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Had a couple of fun ones tonight...

Thanks for sharing, brother! Those are the kinds of games that keep me coming back again and again!

Respects,

Am

[WOLF9]
Members
3,147 posts
20 hours ago, Zionas said:

Today in a T5-7 match on Fault Line I was the only one left holding the western flank after my allied DDs (2 of them), an Atlanta, and the Scharnhorst died. I had to face a King George V and Fuso almost entirely on my own. The KGV went broadside to me and I smacked him for 16k damage using QE's guns, afterwards I guess he got scared and began turning away. I was at low HP vs the nearly full health Fuso, one salvo into him for 15k, another for 11k. I couldn't survive for long so I went for the ram. Ended up with 104k damage and the Fuso kill. 

Ahhh yes- sometimes we must become the torpedo, lol.   I did that the other day in my Lyon vs an Arizona.  I had ended up in the midst of 3 red BB's, and was getting the daylights pounded out of me.   So I went for the ram vs the closest one- which happened to be the Arizona.   I must not have had enough health left, because I blew up, and he lost 3/4 of his hp and was flooded- and lived.   Pissed me right off it did, lol!

Normally, I can get away with this- by turning to hide my citadel- but they had me surrounded, and I couldn't protect myself from all of them.    Got about a million secondary hits, however, and lit all 3 on fire.    Lyon can be utterly vicious in a close range brawl, but it would be a lot nicer if the turrets could actually TURN faster.   I can out turn my turrets driving in a strait line!   If you position just so,  with all of those 5" secondary turrets- it's kind of like having an Atlanta strapped to your hull.

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,374 battles

The Farragut is a surprisingly good little DD.  I've had some good times with her.  :)

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,163 battles

It's been a good night, game wise.

Played 13 battles today. Started off with a warmup (and a win) in Random (3 kills, 90k+ damage), then we went 10-2 in clan battles. We had a bad streak of MM last week and got bumped down to group 2 in Gale, but today we fought all the way back up to middle of Storm-3.

edit to add: I also picked up the final bit of Elite XP needed to get my future Worcester CO up to 19 points... without having ever fought a battle.

image.thumb.png.d764828025a247a637e28691d87623ea.png

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO