You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LT_Rusty_SWO

Killed the entire enemy team... and still lost?

44 comments in this topic

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
1,616 posts
5,385 battles

File a ticket? That would be quite frustrating.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,172 battles
2 minutes ago, Lensar said:

Adapt and overcome?

The game thinks they won on points... even though their whole team was dead.

What. Happened?

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,172 battles
Just now, Anumati said:

File a ticket? That would be quite frustrating.

Yeah, we did that.

[XBRTC]
Members
2 posts
10,501 battles

That was wild.  I killed the Shima with the point counter possibly ticking over 1000.  Great game, but I want it to be explained.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,172 battles
4 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

They hit 1000 tickets a millisecond before a shell killed their last ship?

Then the kill wouldn't show up on the scoreboard, would it?

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
17,012 battles

Somewhat similarly frustrating is watching the shells that would have won a game stop just short of a Red ship just as the game times/points out... :Smile_sceptic:

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,978 battles

The game timer goes 1-2 seconds past the completion of the battle. Damage sometimes still registers and the ship will show up as killed on the final battle report.

My clan had the same thing happen in clan battles except we were on the winning side. Our points hit 1000 and a millisecond later our last ship ate a torp and our points dropped. Final report indicated we won the battle correctly since we had already achieved 1000 points.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,172 battles
4 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

The game timer goes 1-2 seconds past the completion of the battle. Damage sometimes still registers and the ship will show up as killed on the final battle report.

My clan had the same thing happen in clan battles except we were on the winning side. Our points hit 1000 and a millisecond later our last ship ate a torp and our points dropped. Final report indicated we won the battle correctly since we had already achieved 1000 points.

Their points did not hit a thousand. 

The points went 996... 999... [shimakaze dies] 940.

When the battle ended, the points were not at 1000, nor were they even at 999.

They were at 940.

Gimme a few minutes. I'm recording the replay.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
1 hour ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

They hit 1000 tickets a millisecond before a shell killed their last ship?

That's it right there, that's exactly what happened.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
10 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

We had fun against you guys tonight. :3

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,172 battles

Here's the tail end of the replay. You can see that the score never actually goes to 1000. It hits 999, then drops to 949, then to 940.

Edit to add second video, just for clarity. Second video is made from replay file of player who scored the final kill, first video is made from my own replay.

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,567 posts
3,739 battles
8 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Here's the tail end of the replay. You can see that the score never actually goes to 1000. It hits 999, then drops to 949, then to 940.

Actually it has hit the "1000" pt mark cause you can see that +1 right before the -60.

Not sure why it said 949 then to 940 right after, but that +1 came before the -60 which is the defining moment of the game handing it to the other team.

• Cool 5

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

As mentioned above, the game did count the +1 right before you killed the guys. In  other word you already lost the moment the ennemi team reached 1000 point but because there is a delay it didn't showed on the screen

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,172 battles

You’d think so... but given the 949-940 change, it’s just as likely that it was actually 999-939-940 as 999-1000-940.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,016 battles

+1 happened before the -60, 1000 points was fulfilled game ends after the typical 1 second longer with the team that fulfilled their victory conditions first winning. This is how it goes.

However, I have seen a game in ranked where the 2 remaining ships killed each other in the same second and the one that got hit by shells first and obviously died first and rang up in the ticker first won....

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles
14 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Actually it has hit the "1000" pt mark cause you can see that +1 right before the -60.

Not sure why it said 949 then to 940 right after, but that +1 came before the -60 which is the defining moment of the game handing it to the other team.

Watched it a few times and I'd have to agree.  A fraction of a second earlier of shooting, it may have turned it into a victory for the OP.  You can see when the counter was well already in 999, THEN the +1 tick, THEN the point subtraction of the kill after that +1.  As far as the game is concerned, the 1000pts happened first, and thus a win.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,003 posts
7,658 battles

I've had this happen just a week ago. A ship sinks before the points change. I lost as soon as the last ship on the enemy team was sunk and the score counted to 1000 just after. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,776 posts
12,900 battles

Yeah, the slow motion shows it... a +1 just before the kill.  Nice way to zoom in on the score and slow it down.  Without the slow mo and zoom, wouldn't have noticed.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,701 battles
33 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Weird.

Edited by Amracil