Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

ALRIGHT! I GIVE!

23 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles

Ok! Uncle! I give in!

I don't often complain about OP ships, and I shrugged my shoulders initially about the Graf Zep when so many were wringing their hands and clutching their pearls before its release, but, you got me guys, I'm gonna do it:

THE GRAF ZEPPELIN IS NOT COOL

There are other "OP" ships in the game. There have been broken releases a number of times in the past, but none have been "auto win buttons"...until now. A competent CV player with GZ will dominate a game. A unicum CV player almost cannot lose.

This ship is beyond OP and will completely ruin the Ranked season in ways that Belfast can only dream of. There is nothing balanced about it; this ship is pure poison.

I'm not one to overreact. I try to take it as it comes, but COME ON WG, how does this thing make any sense? Anyone?

Edited by legozer
  • Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles

Oh just wait fir Wargaming’s latest “Briliant idea for tier 8 and then 10 Ranked season...

Graf can destabilize Tier 8 And thennyou get into X where some CVs have learned how to insta nuke ships...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Probably last minute they's say something like, "Carriers? No carriers in ranked this season... we are gathering data...":etc_swear::cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
20 minutes ago, legozer said:

Ok! Uncle! I give in!

I don't often complain about OP ships, and I shrugged my shoulders initially about the Graf Zep when so many were wringing their hands and clutching their pearls before its release, but, you got me guys, I'm gonna do it:

There are other "OP" ships in the game. There have been broken releases a number of times in the past, but none have been "auto win buttons"...until now. A competent CV player with GZ will dominate a game. A unicum CV player almost cannot lose.

This ship is beyond OP and will completely ruin the Ranked season in ways that Belfast can only dream of. There is nothing balanced about it; this ship is pure poison.

I'm not one to overreact. I try to take it as it comes, but COME ON WG, how does this thing make any sense? Anyone?

While I admit the 1/2/1 loadout has very strong strike, vs an equally skilled shok or enterprise, It doesn't stand a chance. Limited fighter capacity and slow bombers... its really only good for seal clubbing in randoms. Last ranked season, it was bottom of the list in WR, solely because it couldn't contest the enemy CVs, which tended to have above average players, something you do not find in randoms... usually.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles

Thankfully we get T10 at rank 10 to get away from the Zeppelin.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

While I admit the 1/2/1 loadout has very strong strike, vs an equally skilled shok or enterprise, It doesn't stand a chance. Limited fighter capacity and slow bombers... its really only good for seal clubbing in randoms. Last ranked season, it was bottom of the list in WR, solely because it couldn't contest the enemy CVs, which tended to better then average players, something you do not find in rank... usually.

It chews Lexington into bits.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, legozer said:

It chews Lexington into bits.

I said shok and enterprise... kaga can eat lex.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

I'm not really bothered by GZ, but T10 ranked ? Pls we had enough of T10 with CW. And T7 once you're rank 1 ? This season will definitely be bad for me

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
1 minute ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I'm not really bothered by GZ, but T10 ranked ? Pls we had enough of T10 with CW. And T7 once you're rank 1 ? This season will definitely be bad for me

The stats of some of the people I've seen in T10 random recently... makes me sad. I've seen last season people that their first t8 was a Tirpitz, firing nothing but HE... put up better numbers then some of T10 players I've run across of late. That's what I'm dreading...

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles
11 minutes ago, legozer said:

Thankfully we get T10 at rank 10 to get away from the Zeppelin.

You're going from the frying pan and into the sun.  The Tier X CVs are powerful a.f.  A lot of my high tier ships are AA Spec, and Midway, Hakuryu still make me worry.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,703 battles

actually its tier 7, 8, and 10 ranked battles this year.. I am all for it instead of one tier fit ...

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You're going from the frying pan and into the sun.  The Tier X CVs are powerful a.f.  A lot of my high tier ships are AA Spec, and Midway, Hakuryu still make me worry.

And to turn up the heat, due to CV economy, most likely the only ones that will be running Hak, are good players. (AKA fem, v12, etc.)

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I will purchase the GZ and learn CV play in Randoms. Just to be a karma killer. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles
20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I will purchase the GZ and learn CV play in Randoms. Just to be a karma killer. 

No one likes you anyway. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,050 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

Ok! Uncle! I give in!

1. See CV in ranked queue.

2. Hit escape key.

(optional) 3. Select Kutuzov in port with AFT, DFAA and signal 

(optional) 4. Click battle, melt all GZ planes within 7.2km

[-BSS-]
Members
385 posts
5,931 battles
7 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

2. Hit escape key.

Kutuzov would actually have to get closer than 16kms to the fight to be anywhere near the planes though, not sure I have ever seen that ;)

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
8 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

2. Hit escape key.

They're going to be issuing penalties for that, if I read the update notes correctly.

• Bad 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,050 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They're going to be issuing penalties for that, if I read the update notes correctly.

That is incorrect, it is not against the rules to decide not to go into battle. I believe the penalties for someone that leaves battle before they been destroyed or the game is over.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
Just now, Wye_So_Serious said:

That is incorrect, it is not against the rules to decide not to go into battle. I believe the penalties for someone that leaves battle before they been destroyed or the game is over.

Thanks for the clarification.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles
8 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

2. Hit escape key.

Or you take out your Kidd / Benson / Akizuki full AA spec and you laugh as they come near you

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,050 battles
1 hour ago, Visidious said:

Kutuzov would actually have to get closer than 16kms to the fight to be anywhere near the planes though, not sure I have ever seen that ;)

That is true most of the time, but some of us get daring when there's a CV around.

[POP]
Members
840 posts
9,480 battles

GZ players i know started off nice but, like a narcotic, once the harvest of the salty tears begins there's no way back from the dark side...

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles
3 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Or you take out your Kidd / Benson / Akizuki full AA spec and you laugh as they come near you

Not really. The GZ seems to have fighters made out of the black box. They are somehow invincible?

Sign in to follow this