Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

9 torpedoes only 56k damage?

38 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

today i played alldestroyer, and a hellcarrier sent 3 squads to me and cross dropped right on my broadside, and i ate total of 9 torpedoes (CV is poison in wows btw), i thought it's game over, but to my surprise i still got like 40% hp left, later i checked total damage like 56k? the torpedo protection of alldestroyer is only like 29%? i am surprised

• Bad 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
18 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

today i played alldestroyer, and a hellcarrier sent 3 squads to me and cross dropped right on my broadside, and i ate total of 9 torpedoes (CV is poison in wows btw), i thought it's game over, but to my surprise i still got like 40% hp left, later i checked total damage like 56k? the torpedo protection of alldestroyer is only like 29%? i am surprised

Many have much better torp protection too. It's pretty [edited]ridiculous =)

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Many have much better torp protection too. It's pretty [edited]ridiculous =)

yeah, my first thought was does GK have even better torp protection than yamato? later i checked it's much weaker, that's why i was very surprised, from my experience with yamato, she would have died eating 9 torpedoes

Edited by Happy668

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles

Each Haku torp does ~8.5k damage, 9 do ~77k damage. The 25% reduction on GK makes that ~57k

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
7 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Each Haku torp does ~8.5k damage, 9 do ~77k damage. The 25% reduction on GK makes that ~57k

interesting, with yamato 56% protection, that will reduce it to 33k only? why from my past experience torps hit much harder, ok more from DDs

Edited by Happy668

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles
6 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

interesting, with yamato 56% protection, that will reduce it to 33k only? why from my past experience torps hit much harder, ok more from DDs

CV torps do a lot less damage than DD torps

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,633 posts
14,025 battles

CV torpedoes do considerably less damage than ship launched torpedoes as you go higher in the tiers.

Tier V

Zuiho TB 8567 damage

Bogue TB 9867 damage

Minekaze DD 10833 damage

Furutaka CA 16266 damage

Tier VIII

Shokaku TB 8567 damage

Lexington TB 9867 damage

Kagero DD 20966 damage

Mogami CA/CL 17233 damage

Tier X

Hakuryu TB 8567 damage

Midway TB 9867 damage

Shimakaze DD Type93 Mod 3 23766 damage

Zao CA 21366

CVs need to land lots of hits with TBs to have meaningful damage.  Also some ships with high TDS will greatly mitigate that damage.  Non-CVs have a lot more work to do to land torpedo hits, but if they hit, they're devastating.

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,202 battles

The low overall damage output per torp is why the best players make sure they are working their drops to get either perma flooding or perma fire that can't be instantly repaired.  3 floods caused by the 9 torps would pretty quickly surpass the initial damage and probably sink the ship.

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles

aerial torpedoes do very little damage compared to ship torpedos. 9 torpedos for 56k is actually normal.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

There is historical precedent for aerial torpedoes being weaker then ship borne torps, they had to be lighter, thus warhead size was reduced to save weight. Thou the main reason for the low damage numbers they get in game are probably for balance purposes.

Members
2,210 posts
4,051 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

Lol

"CVS are poison in wows".

"Here's the actual numbers"

"Oh, I didn't realise t10 cvs still use t4 torpedoes"

I'm dieing. 

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
17 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Lol

"CVS are poison in wows".

"Here's the actual numbers"

"Oh, I didn't realise t10 cvs still use t4 torpedoes"

I'm dieing. 

CV is poison in wows, if that CV send 2nd round my ship will sink

a CV player can sink any ship he chose with certainty before the game even starts, that kind of god mode is unheard of in human gaming history lol

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

CV is poison in wows, if that CV send 2nd round my ship will sink

a CV player can sink any ship he chose with certainty before the game even starts, that kind of god mode is unheard of in human gaming history lol

except he can't...

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
Just now, Cpt_Cupcake said:

except he can't...

sure he can, send out scout find that ship, send bombers while he sits comfortably in the far back, if first wave didn't do it, send 2nd wave to finish the job, while BB can't run, can't hide, can't fight back, LOL. lower tiers are even easier to kill

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

sure he can, send out scout find that ship, send bombers while he sits comfortably in the far back, if first wave didn't do it, send 2nd wave to finish the job, while BB can't run, can't hide, can't fight back, LOL. lower tiers are even easier to kill

SO your saying an isolated bb... all by his lonesome... shouldn't be able to be killed in the nearly 2-3 minutes it takes a cv to get two sorties in?

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
3,915 battles

3 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

Yeah, and if you count the time it took him to launch the first wave, fly them to you, drop, fly them back, land them, re-arm them, launch them again, fly them back to you, and strike you again, that takes him at least three and a half minutes.

Meanwhile, how many cruisers can your battleship dev strike in that amount of time? 

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

SO your saying an isolated bb... all by his lonesome... shouldn't be able to be killed in the nearly 2-3 minutes it takes a cv to get two sorties in?

doesn't matter where he is, in a game of 15-20mins, CV got plenty of time to kill him, while the poor BB can't do a damn thing about it

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

doesn't matter where he is, in a game of 15-20mins, CV got plenty of time to kill him, while the poor BB can't do a damn thing about it

no different then a dd hanging out within torp range of you... 

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
6 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

Yeah, and if you count the time it took him to launch the first wave, fly them to you, drop, fly them back, land them, re-arm them, launch them again, fly them back to you, and strike you again, that takes him at least three and a half minutes.

Meanwhile, how many cruisers can your battleship dev strike in that amount of time? 

so? in a game of 15 mins that CV can and will kill that BB that he doesn't like

but if a BB say I will kill xyz at the beginning of the battle, people will laugh at him

Edited by Happy668
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

no different then a dd hanging out within torp range of you... 

but DD can't easily find the xyz BB to begin with, and BB at least can shoot at him or run away, none of these applies to CV

• Bad 1

Members
2,210 posts
4,051 battles
5 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

so? in a game of 15 mins that CV can and will kill that BB that he doesn't like

but BB say I will kill xyz at the beginning of the battle, people will laugh at him

I keep posting this but unless you are willing to address this. (happens a lot) Than calling out CVs is pointless, at least a CV gives you warnings and your AA can cut down the number of planes. 

fIpVrsv.jpg

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

4 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

but DD can't easily find the xyz BB to begin with, and BB at least can shoot at him or run away, none of these applies to CV

Yes he can. When you fire your guns, your detection ranges goes anywhere from 9.9km to 26.6km, not to include spotter plane, which increases that even further, dependent on ship of course. Eventually, the DD will find you. Granted the CV can do it sooner but the end result is the same.

Also, if the DD stays undetected, you can't fire back... same as with the CV. At least you can shoot down the CV's strike at best, weaken it in the least.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

Yes he can. When you fire your guns, your detection ranges goes anywhere from 9.9km to 26.6km, not to include spotter plane, which increases that even further, dependent on ship of course. Eventually, the DD will find you. Granted the CV can do it sooner but the end result is the same.

Also, if the DD stays undetected, you can't fire back... same as with the CV.

DD is not much faster than a BB, and to get in range of reasonable chance of hits, DD most likely will be detected and BB can run away and shoot back, this happens in every game.

but if a CV wants you dead, you will be dead, even if you are #1 in universe unicorn BB driver

Sign in to follow this