Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shotgun2010

The Ultimate Frontier (operation)

8 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
786 battles

so, I've tried the ultimate frontier operation about 20 times, and no matter what i do, the best I've managed is a 3 star :(

is there a strategy for getting 5 star? or is this mission impossible...

[HINON]
Members
8,838 posts

They recently changed it to make it harder. I'm not sure on the optimal strategy with the new spawns and such yet. Your best bet would be to get a full div to do it with experienced players.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,407 battles

It's lame that they've made it harder without improving the rewards. 

• Cool 3

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
17,012 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

They recently changed it to make it harder. I'm not sure on the optimal strategy with the new spawns and such yet. Your best bet would be to get a full div to do it with experienced players.

New spawns? Besides BBs north-mid; everyone else S/E?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles

I'm not sure the spawns are different, but the bots seem harder to kill.  How many BB hits can a Mahan absorb, anyway?

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles

I don't know about this scenario. The enemy ships seem to all have armor capable of withstanding a direct hit from a 20 megaton nuclear weapon. I welcome something more challenging than Aegis, which has become a cakewalk. I don't expect to win with 5 stars every time but I do think it is acceptable to have one win with a single star daily..

• Cool 3

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,651 battles
On 4/12/2018 at 12:09 PM, kgh52 said:

I don't know about this scenario. The enemy ships seem to all have armor capable of withstanding a direct hit from a 20 megaton nuclear weapon. I welcome something more challenging than Aegis, which has become a cakewalk. I don't expect to win with 5 stars every time but I do think it is acceptable to have one win with a single star daily..

They also seem to be more accurate and will target low hit point ships almost exclusively. The AI has obviously been tweaked. Often get fired on by ships I can't see yet (even after they fire).

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles

They also seem to be more accurate and will target low hit point ships almost exclusively. The AI has obviously been tweaked. Often get fired on by ships I can't see yet (even after they fire).

I finally won one with 3 stars. Still the Atlanta bounced shells like Ft Drum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Drum_(Philippines)

I'd say it was it is more than a tweak.

Sign in to follow this