Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VonSmallHausenn

Tier 9-10 queue

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts

Often ,when i`m in queue for tier 9 or 10 in random,,and screen shows ships in my range only 3-4,,and i don`t want to wait,so i switch to a tier 8 ship,,and bamm, without any waiting,i got suck into a tier 10 game,,with my tier 8 ship........ But if i`m trying to wait it out with a tier 9-10 ship,,could take a minute or two ?? Whats the point ??

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
580 posts
4,574 battles

It only takes a minute i have found at any time of the day or night unless you are a CV.

Id just wait the 30 seconds. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Patience  life happens at a very quick pace why the rush? If your time is so important why are you wasting it in a Game?

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts

point of the post is: How come with tier 8 ship,i can get into a tier 10 game ,without any wait,,,but with the preferred tier 9-10 , i have to wait ??  

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

As a solo, tier 8 used as filler in tier 9/10 games where there is a mismatch, usually involving  divisions - especially with DDs and cruisers 

Edited by Panzer1113

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

The match-maker can be unpredictable. In one instance, I joined the queue as a tier eight BB. It showed 50+ battleships in queue but just a handful of destroyers. So I switched to a tier eight DD and rejoined the queue. Suddenly I got placed into a match with only a few BBs, but five DDs per team. The randomness of MM can be frustrating for sure, especially when you get up-tiered.

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts
25 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

As a solo, tier 8 used as filler in tier 9/10 games where there is a mismatch, usually invoking divisions - especially with DDs and cruisers 

might be my bad,as looks like nobody understands what the post about IS..... So 1 more time...waiting in queue for tier 9-10 match,with tier 9-10 ships,,,looks like not enough ships in queue (waiting screen shows 4-6 ships in queue in my range,for like 45 sec ) so i decide not to wait,and switch to a lower tier ship ,usually a tier 8 ship. With that ship , without any waiting ,i`m getting into a tier 10 game....My question is, why is it easier to get into a tier 10 game,with a tier 8 ship,than it would with a tier 10 ship??  Am i the only one experiencing this ?? Because it`s happening to me every fricking day....Do you dig it ?? Like they already partitioned the available slots for the match,so there is always a number of tier 8 ships in the tier 10 games.....regardless if there is enough high tier ships available...so there would be no reason to suck tier 8 ships into the game....

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts
4 minutes ago, Panbun said:

The match-maker can be unpredictable. In one instance, I joined the queue as a tier eight BB. It showed 50+ battleships in queue but just a handful of destroyers. So I switched to a tier eight DD and rejoined the queue. Suddenly I got placed into a match with only a few BBs, but five DDs per team. The randomness of MM can be frustrating for sure, especially when you get up-tiered.

oh yes,,that screen with the "ships in my range"..? Absolutely  useless. I don`t even get it ,why it`s there ? Almost never shows the actual situation in the queue .........

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,304 battles
59 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Patience  life happens at a very quick pace why the rush? If your time is so important why are you wasting it in a Game?

Well said, seam's like only yesterday I was in a far off land. And that was 45 years ago. Time is much shorter than your mind tells you. Relax and enjoy the moments.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles
1 hour ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

might be my bad,as looks like nobody understands what the post about IS..... So 1 more time...waiting in queue for tier 9-10 match,with tier 9-10 ships,,,looks like not enough ships in queue (waiting screen shows 4-6 ships in queue in my range,for like 45 sec ) so i decide not to wait,and switch to a lower tier ship ,usually a tier 8 ship. With that ship , without any waiting ,i`m getting into a tier 10 game....My question is, why is it easier to get into a tier 10 game,with a tier 8 ship,than it would with a tier 10 ship??  Am i the only one experiencing this ?? Because it`s happening to me every fricking day....Do you dig it ?? Like they already partitioned the available slots for the match,so there is always a number of tier 8 ships in the tier 10 games.....regardless if there is enough high tier ships available...so there would be no reason to suck tier 8 ships into the game....

Many times ya get queued up, waiting,, maybe not enough high tier ships, or a miss-match of ships, odd number of ships/tiers many caused by different size or configuration of Division, MM can't close the game because of open slots it can't fill  ... ya pop over to a Tier 8 (instantaneous close, no wait), since now you area a lower tier ya get bumped into a 9/10 match, usually as a balancer - may have another tier 8 on the reds, sometimes not (ya may be the only tier 8 DD, maybe your team has an extra DD, maybe reds get an extra tier 8 cruiser),  MM need you the solo tier 8, adding another tier 9 or 10 would create more of an imbalance - that is why solo tier 8 is up tiered so many times, kinda the catchall filler - just about any time you instantly get in a game as a tier 8 solo, you know some game could not close, just waiting on your "filler" or another tier 8 to complete the game.

Edited by Panzer1113

[TD]
Members
4 posts
6,424 battles
On 4/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, VonSmallHausenn said:

Often ,when i`m in queue for tier 9 or 10 in random,,and screen shows ships in my range only 3-4,,and i don`t want to wait,so i switch to a tier 8 ship,,and bamm, without any waiting,i got suck into a tier 10 game,,with my tier 8 ship........ But if i`m trying to wait it out with a tier 9-10 ship,,could take a minute or two ?? Whats the point ??

Personally I am sick and tired of running my tier 8 with nothing but 9's and 10's... This is happening 9 out of 10 times I play a tier 8... MM needs to get their craptogether and make the games more fair for the tier 8 players... Just sayin!

Sign in to follow this