You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

New 'bad play' penalties with 7.4 - and money making for WG

35 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts

Look WG - as a Co-op main, I absolutely HATE the idea of Co-op becoming a dumping ground for those playing badly in PvP. One of the prime reasons many of us don't play PvP is to stay away from idiots like these.

So, how about instead of dumping them on us to work off their 'bad play' penalties, how about having them PAY to have the penalties removed? 

End up Pink or Orange? Pay your penance in Doubloons, trade in of Premium days, etc.

Makes money for WG, hurts those that have broken the rules, AND keeps 30% of the playerbase (the Co-op players) from contemplating quitting the game (and taking our money with us).

Plus, this solution would really cut down on the bad play enormously, because If I were a someone inclined to be a jackhat in the game - you better believe I would think twice about causing trouble if it was gonna cost me REAL money.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 12
  • Angry 1

Alpha Tester
1,299 posts
9,262 battles

This is because co-op in general has worse players, added to the fact that you face bots this way someone isn't completely ruining a teams game in randoms which people tend to take more seriously.

Also if people had to pay real money to even play again, say it's accidental team damage which happens, most people would just quit the game, ergo this is an absolutely horrible idea.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,169 battles

There is NO evidence that 30% of the player base is  PvE only,  lets drop that maxim because all evidence suggests that PvE only is a much smaller number, probably single digits.

As to your point of bad players being dumped in PvE, please use search function to look at the many threads already started on this subject TODAY, and already including your idea and many other good ones.  For what it's worth, I like your idea, putting a price on game play is already established by the use of "urgent orders" in Operations, allowing a player to spend 75,000 credits to use the same ship in an operation immediately.  In addition it could be an option of either paying 250,000 credits OR sitting out two days for example if the player was orange already.

• Bad 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,090 posts
8,720 battles

Chances are the Offending player will play Co-Op battles against Bots and have only Bots as team mates as well so they have 0 chance of bothering anyone until they prove they can play without incident. And if matter was because of chat they get chat banned for that.

• Cool 2

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

even the thought of having to pay to play again if something goes wrong is enough to make a large number of players quit the game. add in the fact that people would just commit penalties, pay the fine, and commit them again, let's just chalk this one under one of the worst ideas to date.

• Bad 1

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,641 battles
35 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

End up Pink or Orange?

The only orange I know is the new black, in all seriousness what is orange ? I know what is pink but I never seen orange ship markers in the game so what is it ?

I think its a bad idea, the game works with a reward base system not a sadist take my money because I been bad system. Also, I would want warning systems in place to avoid firing at a friendly that comes out of no where into my firing arch.  Accidents do happen but I just dont see your idea as being fees-able/doable.

Members
1,547 posts
9,796 battles

I think instead of dropping them into Co-Op they should drop them into Bath Tub missions with bots. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,184 posts
5,651 battles
45 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Look WG - as a Co-op main, I absolutely HATE the idea of Co-op becoming a dumping ground for those playing badly in PvP. One of the prime reasons many of us don't play PvP is to stay away from idiots like these.

So, how about instead of dumping them on us to work off their 'bad play' penalties, how about having them PAY to have the penalties removed? 

End up Pink or Orange? Pay your penance in Doubloons, trade in of Premium days, etc.

Makes money for WG, hurts those that have broken the rules, AND keeps 30% of the playerbase (the Co-op players) from contemplating quitting the game (and taking our money with us).

Plus, this solution would really cut down on the bad play enormously, because If I were a someone inclined to be a jackhat in the game - you better believe I would think twice about causing trouble if it was gonna cost me REAL money.

I will disagree with you for one reason, the reporting system gets ABUSED all the time. I for reported by a guy for hitting him with a devastating strike. I got reported once for killing a cruiser with a 4200 point hit and a teammate said I was kill stealing. People report one another for all sorts of ridiculous reasons I don't want to have to pay money to work of a penalty in which I did nothing wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

You will hardly notice a difference. Most pink players work it off in co-op now. It's about time there was a real penalty for certain infractions.

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
22 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

There is NO evidence that 30% of the player base is  PvE only,  lets drop that maxim because all evidence suggests that PvE only is a much smaller number, probably single digits.

As to your point of bad players being dumped in PvE, please use search function to look at the many threads already started on this subject TODAY, and already including your idea and many other good ones.  For what it's worth, I like your idea, putting a price on game play is already established by the use of "urgent orders" in Operations, allowing a player to spend 75,000 credits to use the same ship in an operation immediately.  In addition it could be an option of either paying 250,000 credits OR sitting out two days for example if the player was orange already.

Biggie, I'm sure that WG knows exactly how many people are hardcore PvE mains.  I have no doubt that they can run data searches on their databases to see how many players play, let's say, 90% or more of all their battles in PvE versus those who don't.  Is that number 30%?  I don't know, but I'm sure as sure that WG does.

As for the rest, I don't like the entire karma, compliment/report system, so, I'd rather see it go away myself.  I don't think that people should be getting punished on  the whims of salty players.

As for things that are measurable without a reporting system, like players leaving early or doing team damage, etc., I actually oppose the OP's idea.  I don't care of coop mains don't like coop being a dumping ground, the corner to which bad little Johnny is sent by the teacher.  That's where they should go.  And if the coop mains don't like it, they can come play with the big boys.

The fact is that I play a lot of battles in coop.  I do it for some relaxation when I feel like getting away from the bad teams and just want to shoot stuff.  And I don't give a flying fig if coop becomes a punishment zone for players who violate rules.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
9 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I will disagree with you for one reason, the reporting system gets ABUSED all the time. I for reported by a guy for hitting him with a devastating strike. I got reported once for killing a cruiser with a 4200 point hit and a teammate said I was kill stealing. People report one another for all sorts of ridiculous reasons I don't want to have to pay money to work of a penalty in which I did nothing wrong.

^Exactly this!!!  Thumbs up for you, Belthorian!  :cap_like:

[RKLES]
Members
7,090 posts
8,720 battles
2 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

You will hardly notice a difference. Most pink players work it off in co-op now. It's about time there was a real penalty for certain infractions.

Last couple times I went Pink I worked it off in Scenerio to avoid any accidental or intentional getting bumped into by allied ships and extending my penalty.

• Cool 1

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

As for things that are measurable without a reporting system, like players leaving early or doing team damage, etc., I actually oppose the OP's idea.  I don't care of coop mains don't like coop being a dumping ground, the corner to which bad little Johnny is sent by the teacher.  That's where they should go.  And if the coop mains don't like it, they can come play with the big boys.

Those 2 things don't depend on reporting. And randoms are open to all. +1

Edited by Seadog_Supreme

Members
9,862 posts
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

Segregation is the only answer...Pinks and Oranges get tossed together into co-op games with bots to make up the difference....give them the option to buy their way out? First orange, maybe....consistent oranges, hell no!:fish_viking:

And report abuse is a real thing, even if I haven't seen it personally in a long time, any automated system will be abused, guess we'll have to wait and see how this pans out.:Smile_teethhappy:

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,269 battles

Instead of putting them in Coop games with regular Coop players, put them in games with other penalized players and bots only?

And penalizing people monetarily will create other problems, I don't think we want to go there.

• Cool 1

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
50 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Chances are the Offending player will play Co-Op battles against Bots and have only Bots as team mates as well so they have 0 chance of bothering anyone until they prove they can play without incident. And if matter was because of chat they get chat banned for that.

This would be a real punishment because the only time I have gone pink is because some friendly bot moved right in front of my torps with a clear choice to avoid. Kind of funny though, I did warn him.  A AFK could of dodged the torps. . 

• Funny 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

There is no way is hell 30% of the players in this game play Coop. I call bulls**t unless I see WG stats.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,197 posts
7,135 battles
41 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I think instead of dropping them into Co-Op they should drop them into Bath Tub missions with bots. 

No, that would be a reward. Hell, if that was the penalty, I'd TK just so's I could Make Bathtime Great Again!

• Funny 2

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

This is because co-op in general has worse players, added to the fact that you face bots this way someone isn't completely ruining a teams game in randoms which people tend to take more seriously.

Also if people had to pay real money to even play again, say it's accidental team damage which happens, most people would just quit the game, ergo this is an absolutely horrible idea.

I turn pink in CoOp more than I do in randoms lol and for longer periods of time :(  

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,167 battles

wow I love all this  talk of charging people money, banning them from the game and various  other penalty's cause they possibly hurt your digital boat in a free to play game...... all I hear is 'crybaby' honestly, should people get punished for killing teammates on purpose sure but to me I kinda wanna see replays and constant complaints from other players not just a click of a button like the current system

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,817 posts
12,265 battles

Report abuse is real. I get reported every day simply for playing well. I know this because every day i can earn maybe 2 pos karma from people who actually give them out and by the end of the day i will be back to 0. Since until now there has been no consequence for suffering this abuse it didnt matter, but now i’ll have to go to coop because noobs dont like being carried!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Pink Happens Bad Players will be Bad Players. As long as the internet  is the internet there is nothing that can be done. The Karma System needs to be completely Removed because of this abuse System they call Karma. An Auto system is worthless as well because of the Internet. If someone gets Pizzed off they Go to Karma and report you for Chat. even if you did type a word. Get enough Chat reports you get Chat banned.{The only real punishment a player can give you } Pink punishment is Co-OP so when a Co-Op Player goes pink there is zero punishment. This whole Idea is STUPID.

I read everyday some Players think just because another player is a Poor Player they should be Punished.

I say this.... Make a Random Mode that you have to earn the right to be there and stay there. A player with below { 43% WR } is placed in regular Randoms as it is now.  A player with a WR of 44% to 50% has their Random mode. 51% to 70%  has theirs, above 70% have theirs ,they can choose to play lower Modes Only as a tutor {No Scores or Ratings earned they get a % of the students earnings.

[RKLES]
Members
7,090 posts
8,720 battles
19 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Report abuse is real. I get reported every day simply for playing well. I know this because every day i can earn maybe 2 pos karma from people who actually give them out and by the end of the day i will be back to 0. Since until now there has been no consequence for suffering this abuse it didnt matter, but now i’ll have to go to coop because noobs dont like being carried!

Yeah I keep track using a notepad and have earned 98 Karma points, well at least that I manage to notice that is, but do I have that many of course not thanks to the above example lol.

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,057 battles

Well, this thread is the stupidest thing that I’ll read all day.