You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Please don't do this

45 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

NNteSws.jpg

The clock read 14:00 when I took this screenshot.

Please don't be this guy. Waaaay behind the actual battle and the slowest ship on the map, never going to be able to catch up to the actual battle.

I wonder how many of the people that do this kind of thing also complain on the forum "this ship sucks, it's so slow"? If you know your ship is slow, don't drive it towards the outside of the map, behind huge mountains.

The leading BB is a Scharnhorst. I'm not a fan of BBs going 9/10 line on this map to begin with, but at least a Scharnhorst has the speed to make himself count here.

The Colorado doesn't.

</rant>

• Cool 12
  • Bad 3

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,393 posts

Yeah, sail a real ship! Like Dunkerque~!

You'll get to that battle lickity-split~!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,097 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

If you know your ship is slow, don't drive it towards the outside of the map, behind huge mountains.

Stop it! That's just silly talk. Don't you know they are devising the mother of all ambushes?

[SYN]
Members
509 posts
5,971 battles

That map.  I see more bad play on that map than any other.  If it's not getting lost in the east, it's ignoring the center, especially in domination. (I hate C in domination, even in a dd). 

Members
136 posts
7,653 battles

When slow boats go far East or West, and that's where the fight is, I'm okay with it.

It's when it's obvious that the fight is finished, objective is already taken, and/or there is no one there, and THEY KEEP GOING, that bugs me.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,423 battles

Ya, he should be in A10!

[SYJ]
Members
37 posts
5,630 battles

The main thing is you limit your firing range to just that small corridor.  The couple of islands at the south of the green base are good for covering the south side of those islands and the middle.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,661 posts
14,025 battles

"Strait" is also bait for this kind of buffoonery. 

300px-Strait.png

You got BBs going into those channels in the west and east of the map, effectively taking themselves out of the match for a very long time.  Even better, is when a DD sneaks into those channels and massacres the BBs and the occasional CV in there.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,245 posts
5,674 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

NNteSws.jpg

The clock read 14:00 when I took this screenshot.

Please don't be this guy. Waaaay behind the actual battle and the slowest ship on the map, never going to be able to catch up to the actual battle.

I wonder how many of the people that do this kind of thing also complain on the forum "this ship sucks, it's so slow"? If you know your ship is slow, don't drive it towards the outside of the map, behind huge mountains.

The leading BB is a Scharnhorst. I'm not a fan of BBs going 9/10 line on this map to begin with, but at least a Scharnhorst has the speed to make himself count here.

The Colorado doesn't.

</rant>

On ANY mode going into the channel is a bad strategy. Cap A and B and let the enemy team waste resources on C in an area where they can not spot for their team, they can not support by fire for their team. It is just stupid to go there in general but I see it game after game.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,828 posts
3,984 battles

The area he's sitting in is where C cap is in the domination mode. If it were domination mode, he might have a justification for going there (e.g. to wipe out enemy cruisers that came up to support the cap-taking DD, and to hold it afterwards).

But it isn't. I've been in a battle where TWO BB's came into that zone, to help the small ships in cap. Except by the time they got there, we had dug ourselves out of our hole, and it left B, and by extension A, ripe for the taking. In the end, they were out of position to support the small ships when they tried to get into the middle and contest the caps, and the enemy presence there was able to take us in small chunks and defeat us in detail.

[WORX]
Members
1,650 posts
12,706 battles

What are you guys talking about? This map is awesome... Especially for ambushing CV in a IJN DD, the flanks are epic for battling, there is never a boring time on this map but lert does make a point.

1. Depending on how many ships go to C, then A and B are rip for capping fast to get the pts adv.
  2.  This is not a BB friendly map in the beginning of the map.
  3. Must BBs are going to be Out of position for at least 8 min in to the match if they manage to cap C. That means your high caliber guns are out of play for atleast half of the map which can benefit the red team.

Either way, this map tests the skills of the BB driver, but yes I have to agree with Lert. That BB is out of range and is going to be not only our of range but our of position to be effective. Not good

Members
4,145 posts

If I'm playing the Dunkerque, I'll head there if I spawn in that area.  It actually plays very well to the Dunks strengths while the mountains protest its weaknesses.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,051 posts
9,298 battles

But that just means the CO lives longer after his team is completely wiped out and he has no shots on the enemy. I don't see the issue. :Smile-_tongue:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,218 posts
8,804 battles

On that map it is likely that he spawned in B 9 or B 10 so anywhere he went it would take a long time to get there and no one went towards the center where he would have been alone. Where to go on that map can be a giant catch 22.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

On that map it is likely that he spawned in B 9 or B 10

It took him 6 minutes of hard sailing to get where he was in that screenshot.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,218 posts
8,804 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

It took him 6 minutes of hard sailing to get where he was in that screenshot.

Ouch, WTH did he start, on the right/west side of the spawn?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Ouch, WTH did he start, on the right side of the spawn?

I didn't pay enough attention to his spawn location until a minute or two before I took the screenshot and I saw him heading due east at full 'speed'.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles

I go there if I spawn there, both sides keep that side isolated, 1 is just more insidious. I go there because without 2 enemy BBs at least a tier higher, a Kongo and a few CAs massacre any mothball defense by the reds, only the speed and firepower of ships with good turret angles will effectively push through there. Although support is necessary to kill the DDs.

[-BMV-]
Members
1,187 posts
5,553 battles

I never go down that way on standard, no point. I will admit that some times I go there in the hope of trapping small ships in the channel. 

[NASTY]
Beta Testers
280 posts
7,687 battles
39 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Yeah, sail a real ship! Like Dunkerque~!

You'll get to that battle lickity-split~!

This ;)

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,218 posts
8,804 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

I didn't pay enough attention to his spawn location until a minute or two before I took the screenshot and I saw him heading due east at full 'speed'.

Even as slow as that ship is he should be farther up in six minutes. I am going to hazzard a guess that he either loaded slow or was AFK when the match started and sat for some time. With the US standards you need to place yourself as soon as possible some place, D7-8 for example, were you can provide support while moving up.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
1 minute ago, AquaSquirrel said:

I never go down that way on standard, no point. I will admit that some times I go there in the hope of trapping small ships in the channel. 

If the enemy team is camping with no to few ships at that area, I will make a concealed approach and push from the side. I have lost games due to the enemy doing just that, an enemy push down that line and obliterating my team, and nearly won 6:9 doing that (we had an advantage until the other flank collapsed and traded no kills), and solo warrior when they did that on both sides and failed to begin capping or defending their own until I had capped 3/4. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles

Only way that Colorado would get to battle going that way would be to cut through the E/ F Line channel, but yeah would have been better to go other way around that large island and come diagonally down through central areas.

Lol and as some have pointed out about seeing a lot of bad play on that map, that is one of the reasons I love that map is you can take advantage of the bad play and get a lot of wins from that map.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

I have wound up there before, but in a BB, especially a USN, it is a real challenge to go there. I prefer if i spawn on that side of map to 1/2 speed until the enemies intentions are clear, towards the c7 ish area.

This leaves me the opportunity to back up the c cap if they find resistance there, and support/discourage b cap. I dont sail in there unless they need help, because that is the end of the game for me.

The exception is occassionally i have gone there as the only ship, but i usually try to spot that area and then loop the northern island and straight to b.