You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Ranked season = tier X! yay!

44 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
800 posts
6,159 battles

Flamu, please tell me which one of my 18 tier X ships is the cooliest kid for the job?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 7

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

Finally i have some uses for my tier X ships beside clan wars

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,671 battles

I like it. Still, I think it would be cool to have a mix of T10 and 9. More variety, with more players having access to ranks past 10.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,515 posts
24,536 battles
3 minutes ago, legozer said:

I like it. Still, I think it would be cool to have a mix of T10 and 9. More variety, with more players having access to ranks past 10.

Hmmmm all T10 BBs are better than their T9 counterparts aren’t they?  Oh except French.  I haven’t even bothered getting Republique, but I would take Montana, Yamato, or Conqueror over Alsace in a New York minute.  

Fletcher may be the best T10 DD.  However, Z52 is great for competitive play IMHO and so is Yueyang. 

Is there any T9 Cruiser that’s better than the T10?  I think not!  

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
468 posts
6,343 battles

If it's T10, here are my guesses:

BB:

1. Großer Kurfürst

2. Conqueror

CC:

1. Hindenburg

2. Des Moines

DD:

1. Gearing

2. Z-52

Not being German centric, to me they are just decent T10 Ranked candidates

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,087 battles

rip...

time for everyone to take hindy

Tho seriously, Idk about this, what about those that don't have t10s, kinda unfair to them. This has that feelings no CV in CB had.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
2 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Hmmmm all T10 BBs are better than their T9 counterparts aren’t they?  Oh except French.  I haven’t even bothered getting Republique, but I would take Montana, Yamato, or Conqueror over Alsace in a New York minute.  

Fletcher may be the best T10 DD.  However, Z52 is great for competitive play IMHO and so is Yueyang. 

The Republique is AWESOME...do not sell her short.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
13 minutes ago, legozer said:

I'm sorry, but anyone that wants to go past rank 10 can do so already.  The only thing stopping them is the utter  tedium of the grind.  Changing the ships won't change the tedium.  Just change the ships you'll end up getting bored of playing battle after battle.

What's really needed is a change to the overall Ranked Battles format.  A change that will relieve the tedium and make Ranked fun again (if it ever really was).

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
1 minute ago, Siegewolf said:

BB:

1. Großer Kurfürst

2. Conqueror

CC:

1. Hindenburg

2. Des Moines

DD:

1. Gearing

2. Z-52

Kurfurst.....ew......it is bottom of the barrel when it comes to T-10 BB's.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
4 minutes ago, SuzutsukiKaiNi said:

rip...

time for everyone to take hindy

Tho seriously, Idk about this, what about those that don't have t10s, kinda unfair to them. This has that feelings no CV in CB had.

How many people who don't have tier 10s actually (A) play ranked at all, or (B) if they do play ranked, care about going past rank 10?  I suspect that this question was something that WG checked out when they considered using tier 10 ships.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, but anyone that wants to go past rank 10 can do so already.  What's really needed is a change to the overall Ranked Battles format.  A change that will relieve the tedium and make Ranked fun again (if it ever really was).

This. As is, I don't see much of a point in playing ranked. Pretty much just play the ships in @Siegewolf's list until you either rank out, or can't take it anymore, with the added benefit of increasingly longer queue times.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,515 posts
24,536 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The Republique is AWESOME...do not sell her short.

I played the Paris enough in space battles to form my opinion. Yamato is “awesome” and Montana just plain works for me. 

1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

Generally agree with you there. For competitive play, my ranking would be Montana, Yamato, Conqueror, and Kurfurst with Republique dead last. The ability to reposition is very important. So are accurate, hard hitting guns that do consistent damage.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,087 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

How many people who don't have tier 10s actually (A) play ranked at all, or (B) if they do play ranked, care about going past rank 10?  I suspect that this question was something that WG checked out when they considered using tier 10 ships.

You'd be surprised but I assume the number is low. A lot of people like to drift around 5-8 and avoid high tier, likewise a lot of people, including me, just play rank to rank 10.  I have a friend that has placed high in rank and doesn't have a single ten because he doesn't like 10.

Beta Testers
468 posts
6,343 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

Kurfurst, is a decent tank with good secondaries and AA.  She has better dispersion (267) than the Yammy (275) and Monty (296) - Not unless I am reading the numbers wrong.  Hence why I mentioned her.  I like her, but then she is not necessarily everyone's cup of tea. of course :)

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
1 minute ago, Landing_Skipper said:

I played the Paris enough in space battles to form my opinion. Yamato is “awesome” and Montana just plain works for me. 

Generally agree with you there. For competitive play, my ranking would be Montana, Yamato, Conqueror, and Kurfurst with Republique dead last. The ability to reposition is very important. So are accurate, hard hitting guns that do consistent damage.

It is funny my clan wanted me to play the Republique in clan battles. In two games I SUCKED, switched back to the Montana without them noticing and had a 190k 3 kill game. I like the Montana the best followed by the Yammy, Republique, and the Kurfurst. I do not have the Conq.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
4 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Normally, yes.  OTOH, in Ranked, a lot of the combat occurs at closer ranges where the GK shines.  Of course, there might be a bit of a slight or greater meta shift with tier 10's in play that would cause each team's BBs to be further apart, thus reducing the potential value of bringing a GK.  However, I suspect that a fair number of GK owners may give their GK's a try to see how the meta plays out before giving up on them outright.

9 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

BB:

1. Großer Kurfürst

2. Conqueror

CC:

1. Hindenburg

2. Des Moines

DD:

1. Gearing

2. Z-52

BBs:  I think that the choice of BBs will be greatly determined by how the T10 meta shakes out in Ranked.  If it's short range combat, the GK will popular.  if it's more mid range or longer, then it could be almost anything.  Regarding the Conqueror, I think that a lot depends on how much importance is placed on having a powerful alpha strike is vs the ability to wear down enemy BBs with the burning flames of the Conqueror.

Cruisers (which are NOT "CCs"!!!!!)

Cruisers always seem to be the red-headed step children of Ranked play.  About the most I'll say is that I'd think that Radar will be valuable, as always, for spotting DDs.  That said, smoke isn't as valuable in Ranked as it once was since any BB that fires its guns instantly lights himself up, unless he's REALLY far from the closest enemy ship.

DDs:

Good cap contending gunboats, as always, seem to be the best choices for ranked, which would mean the Gearing, Yueyang, Z-52, and I suppose the Grozovoi.  The Khab just doesn't seem like it has the right mix of abilities to be good for Ranked.  The Shimmy could certain make life miserable for BBs, but does it have the ability to challenge the other DDs for caps?

[RKLES]
Members
7,083 posts
8,720 battles
33 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Missouri is quite effective between those high pen guns, great AA, good Concealment, and the Radar.

[CRMSN]
[CRMSN]
Members
68 posts
11,155 battles

Definitely don't sell Republique short.  I'm convinced it will be the meta for next clan wars as well.  The shells wreck cruisers at all ranges (lol cits on kiting hindenbergs).  If you are in any bb say goodbye to 30/40k every 21 seconds you say broadside to that monster.

Republique is a bad karma farmer thanks to how salty the enemy team gets.

Edited by SFM_Hobb3s

Members
4,131 posts

Honestly, the only way I'd play rank at this point is if they had a few ranks at T1.  Otherwise, I could care less for this toxic sludge of a mess.

[PRNA]
Members
201 posts
2,688 battles

Remember this isn't Clan Wars. Without BB restrictions most games are going to be really, really BB heavy. Lots of Yamato. Lots of Montana. 

DD meta is going to look a lot like season 8 play did. Everyone with a Z-52 is going to use it (Loyang), and some people will run Gearing or Yueyang to support those with a Z-52 (Kidd/Akizuki).

I expect cruiser play to be dominated by the Des Moines. A lot of people have it, and playing it is very routine. Find island. Shoot over island. Radar DD when cap goes red. The flanking, HE harassment play style just won't be as effective with the amount of BBs running around, and if you wanted to do it anyways the Conqueror does it better.

[KP]
Members
1,988 posts
18,359 battles
1 hour ago, Siegewolf said:

Kurfurst, is a decent tank with good secondaries and AA.  She has better dispersion (267) than the Yammy (275) and Monty (296) - Not unless I am reading the numbers wrong.  Hence why I mentioned her.  I like her, but then she is not necessarily everyone's cup of tea. of course :)

That's prob Monty stock without the dispersion module. With the mod it's by far a better choice IMHO. + MONTY has to show waaaaaay less side to get the rear turrets in action. 

Members
12 posts
2,703 battles
17 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

The dispersion listed is at max range. The Kurfurst has much lower range (20.6 km) then the Yamato (26.6 km). At similar ranges, Japanese ships always have better dispersion than German ones (and Yamato also has the best sigma in the game, although that's a more subtle difference).

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,332 posts
3,552 battles

I'll say 

BB - Montana / Yamato / Republique

DD- Yue Yang / Gearing / Z-52

CA/CL- Hidenburg / Moskva / Des Moines

Power rankings in that order. 

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,229 battles

Oh this is gonna be great!!!..... *sarcasm off*

Sigh.. this is going to be terrible. Not only for the fact that not everyone has T-10 ships, but because ranks 10 to 2 are going to be full of Yamatos, Hindenburgs, Gearing and Z52s, its not gonna be fun, its gonna be annoying and costly. This isn't clan wars, there's little coordination and barely any communication in ranked.

The fact that WG added this restriction of T-10s as a filter to discourage the average joe of reaching Rank 1 is simply stupid. I can already hear the cries of those guys without premium time and cammo when they see their service fees on their T-10s after a defeat.

Oh well, ill only reach rank 11 maybe 10 anyway (im not that good with my Yamato and my Grosser Kurfurst is currently angry at me for some reason) so im gonna be using Alabama and Charles Martel.

Good luck to everyone that aims at Rank 1.

The list of ships i suggest for T-10 ranked games is the same as Siegewolf btw

PS: To everyone that says Ranked is competitive gaming... no its not. This is nothing but Grind, a painful and annoying Grind.

Edited by Sidelock

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,503 battles
10 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I'll say 

BB - Montana / Yamato / Republique

DD- Yue Yang / Gearing / Z-52

CA/CL- Hidenburg / Moskva / Des Moines

Power rankings in that order. 

I would agree with this.