You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Giulio Cesare - Bewares the Ides of April

7 comments in this topic

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

OK it's April but same thing, a painful loss cause by wretched dummkopf play as the last 3 BBs of ours sat in the NE corner of the Brothers map, nowhere close to either cap, and lobbing long range shells, ignoring repeated entreaties from yours truly to go back and cover our cap. I went in and sunk 3 ships there prolonging the agony, but with 2 more red DDs I was finally torped to death. Only so much one can do when people can't seem to get their heads around taking and defending caps to win. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, again, and I've had about enough of the poor play in random for a bit.I've packed my bags and am off to Coop!

PS the Giulio--Lei è una bella nave da guerra! (She's a fine battleship!)

Spoiler

5ace44ddea566_Giulio1.jpg.4e104f23b6e9236ea67aeed8bce853fb.jpg

5ace44f3c0d2a_Giulio2.jpg.7dd7ad8dff13d3c3443530b80961271e.jpg

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles

Heart breaking I know. This is where I suggest to WG a change to the DMG rewards system to combat/reward plays that dont benefit the fleet, DMG farming is not good. You will see this in upper tier play also, Its seem some people still dont know have to play Domination/Epicenter mode. Valiant  effort regardless.

• Cool 2

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

Agree that the rewards system can and should better encourage team play and be less stacked towards damage. There's a little of this (damage done upon your spotting etc.) but there is room to do more. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

You're both right. It looks like 0.7.4 is going to start making changes with MM (no more DD disparity for one). They are obviously aware of the problem.

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles

Just had a stupid win in Scharnhorst. Red BBs just kept backing up until they were practically all on THEIR back line. 3 of them. I and another BB (dang I forget what it was) killed all 3 of them.  They just would not fight.  Just would NOT stand and fight. Just fired at us from long range with their damn sterns (azzes) presented to us as they ran, which, of course, would not allow them to use most of their guns. 1 finally turned to fight but it was to late for him as he had almost no HP left. Game was even and we were not even ahead when they did this coward thingee. What WERE they thinking? It was not a satisfying win.  Am sure you all know what I mean. Win or lose just give me an honorable foe!  Don't like chickens.

Edited by dmckay

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
43 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

OK it's April but same thing, a painful loss cause by wretched dummkopf play as the last 3 BBs of ours sat in the NE corner of the Brothers map, nowhere close to either cap, and lobbing long range shells, ignoring repeated entreaties from yours truly to go back and cover our cap. I went in and sunk 3 ships there prolonging the agony, but with 2 more red DDs I was finally torped to death. Only so much one can do when people can't seem to get their heads around taking and defending caps to win. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, again, and I've had about enough of the poor play in random for a bit.I've packed my bags and am off to Coop!

PS the Giulio--Lei è una bella nave da guerra! (She's a fine battleship!)

Reveal hidden contents

5ace44ddea566_Giulio1.jpg.4e104f23b6e9236ea67aeed8bce853fb.jpg

5ace44f3c0d2a_Giulio2.jpg.7dd7ad8dff13d3c3443530b80961271e.jpg

Gee you got 5 kills and a loss. Boy when you do that but lose anyway it hurts.

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

I can handle that if it's a close battle. It was the fail team play that added insult to injury. :cap_wander: