You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stieger

Another Bad decission

44 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
334 posts
10,643 battles

X Midway's hangar space is reduced from 136 to 96 what! why not just take CV's out of the game I know most will like it, mine have been in Dock Dock since 6.1.4 now this I realize that some players will like it but again u taken the incentive of playing the carrier class! just unbelievable.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 6

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

well its the sad midway history on this game, the ship get a buffs and start be fun them they push the nerf hammer util the ship become useless, like all usn cv line.

• Cool 3

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,090 battles

“Why not just take CVs out of the game” because they nerfed one CV, at one tier? Seriously? That’s some pro-MLG overreaction right there. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,342 posts
3,669 battles

The test server is up and running, why not give it a go and see the state of the ship after the nerf?

[RUST]
Beta Testers
932 posts
10,354 battles

Seemed like a pretty reasonable nerf to me. 

• Bad 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,006 battles
5 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

Im not complaining = less planes = less cv strikes causing cancer = cv players getting mad = less cv's hell ill take that anyday

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

136 to 96 sounds a bit excessive to me but then I don't play CVs yet so I really can't say. Let's see what happens when it happens WG has stats that we don't.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

It sounds excessive, but I'll wait to see how it plays out. People were acting as though the loadout changes for the Midway a while back we're going to take the ship from bad to worse, when it took the ship from bad, to top dog. My point being: predicting the impact of CV changes is difficult to do.

Edited by cometguy

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

It is good news for everyone for sure, CV should just be removed entirely.  I stopped at Taiho and collecting dust in the hanger, didn't even bother with Hakuryu and pretty much stopped playing CV except to get a few achievements.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,806 posts
18,775 battles

Stopped CVs at tier (8) have not played them in over a year ......It's broken 

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

i'm not mad because the reductio of the hangar, i'm mad because they keep the T8 s*it planes. Its going end faster then HAK.

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
2 hours ago, NCC81701 said:

if you watch the video it gets mentioned the problem we all have with the nerf to the midway hanger and like HyenaHiena said

20 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

i'm not mad because the reductio of the hangar, i'm mad because they keep the T8 s*it planes. Its going end faster then HAK.

thats the problem with the nerf that have a lot off us pissed off about it, because off the massive hanger size midway got lower tier planes to try and balance it then they nerf the hanger to below haku but they dont change the tier off the planes to adjust for the smaller hanger. so not only now do's the midway have a smaller hanger then the haku but all the planes apart from the DB are tiers below haku but the main one is the TB. 

• Cool 3

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
2 hours ago, cometguy said:

It sounds excessive, but I'll wait to see how it plays out. People were acting as though the loadout changes for the Midway a while back we're going to take the ship from bad to worse, when it took the ship from bad, to top dog. My point being: predicting the impact of CV changes is difficult to do.

i can understand the reason why they did the nerf and dropped the hanger size but WG should off taken in to account the tier lvl of the planes when doing it and adjust where needed and  it only just one which is the TB, tier 9 fighters you could leave it at that because we get more planes in a squad and ammo, DB are tier 10 but leaving TB at tier 8 with less in the reserve now and the AA tier 10 ships have should off been moved up to to tier 9 at least if not 10 to count for the smaller hanger sizeInsert other media

• Cool 2

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

It's happy news for majority of the players whenever the CV got nerfed! WG is getting this right on the nerf hammer, next round it would be nice to further reduce the hanger from 96 down to 56. Instead of dropping torpedoes the Midway should only allowed to drop some bananas into water instead, that would be one of the best April fool joke ever in war gaming history!  LOL

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[RUST]
Beta Testers
932 posts
10,354 battles

2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

if you watch the video it gets mentioned the problem we all have with the nerf to the midway hanger and like HyenaHiena said

thats the problem with the nerf that have a lot off us pissed off about it, because off the massive hanger size midway got lower tier planes to try and balance it then they nerf the hanger to below haku but they dont change the tier off the planes to adjust for the smaller hanger. so not only now do's the midway have a smaller hanger then the haku but all the planes apart from the DB are tiers below haku but the main one is the TB. 

If the new hangar size with T8 planes makes the Midway under power, then WG can just buff it back up and bring back tier 9 or 10 planes for it. Balance changes aren't written in stone and this nerf is not the end of the world even for USN CV players. 

[VVV]
Beta Testers
799 posts
5,155 battles

Oh wow.. lol That was a big plus for the Midway having so many reserves. 

Members
593 posts
4,875 battles
1 hour ago, NCC81701 said:

If the new hangar size with T8 planes makes the Midway under power, then WG can just buff it back up and bring back tier 9 or 10 planes for it. Balance changes aren't written in stone and this nerf is not the end of the world even for USN CV players. 

But how long will that take them another year? They changed Midway relatively recently but for like a year befor that the tier 10 IJN CV was clearly better. Having less planes and at a lower tier than her counterpart looks like a nerf into the ground. I will give it a try on the test server sure but I’m not looking forward to it.

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
1 hour ago, NCC81701 said:

is it really that hard for WG to see the problem or as they like to claim "to balance the two ships",  after the buff to midway hakuryu suffers so they lower the tiers of the planes to make it more balanced knowing midway has the hanger to allow for the lose off planes being a lower tier, then they change clear sky because hakuryu players cant get it when they vs a midway cause off hanger size, then they nerf the hanger because once again hakuryu players run out off planes before the midway dos, soon as hakuryu players cry that something isnt fair or balanced WG gets there nerf hammer out and nerfs the midway. 

leaving the midway at a point that not only dos it have a smaller hanger size then hakuryu it also has lower tier planes then it so how is that as WG likes to say "balance the two ships". anyone thats played CV at tier 8 knows what happens when you send tier 8 TB to stike a tier 10 ship it dosn't end well, anyone with half a brain can tell that with the loss off hanger size that midway planes should have there tiers put back up to make the balance even between the two CV, then both will have close to the same hanger size haku with only 4 more, level off the plane tier even or close to you could even leave the midways fighters at tier 9 to help the balance as they have more planes and ammo. The only differnce between the two CV then would be that haku can chose what loadout it wants. 

without the change in the tier off planes for the midway and WG leaves them like they are then they have just screwed over the whole USN CV line making each tier weaker to the IJN CV

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
25 minutes ago, starksrevenge said:

But how long will that take them another year? They changed Midway relatively recently but for like a year befor that the tier 10 IJN CV was clearly better. Having less planes and at a lower tier than her counterpart looks like a nerf into the ground. I will give it a try on the test server sure but I’m not looking forward to it.

yep if they dont change the tiers off the planes off  the midway most off all the TB the midway will start to die out as less people play it cause it wont be able to keep up with hakuryu and the tier 10 ships AA, its like play lex and sending in TB to strike a tier 10 ship it dosnt end well

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,381 posts
10,260 battles

If Midway got all T10 aircraft with 96 hangar capacity, it would still be OP.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
3 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

If Midway got all T10 aircraft with 96 hangar capacity, it would still be OP.

thats like saying the hakuryu is OP because it has 100 hanger capacity and all tier 10, both CV have tier 10 DB so it's just fighters and TB that need to be looked at, fighters you could leave at tier 9 because midway has more planes in a squad and more ammo so that dosnt need to change, but the TB do need to be moved as the midway no longer has the reserve off planes to allow for the losses you would get using tier 8 TB. if people need to see how well tier 8 TB gos vs a tier 10 ship just take the lex out and try a strike, were not asking that midway has full tier 10 planes but tier 8 is to low for the new hanger size now.

Members
593 posts
4,875 battles
Just now, ausanimal said:

thats like saying the hakuryu is OP because it has 100 hanger capacity and all tier 10, both CV have tier 10 DB so it's just fighters and TB that need to be looked at, fighters you could leave at tier 9 because midway has more planes in a squad and more ammo so that dosnt need to change, but the TB do need to be moved as the midway no longer has the reserve off planes to allow for the losses you would get using tier 8 TB. if people need to see how well tier 8 TB gos vs a tier 10 ship just take the lex out and try a strike, were not asking that midway has full tier 10 planes but tier 8 is to low for the new hanger size now.

I agree. Even tier 9 TB would make me more comfortable with the change. 

[SYN]
Members
14,381 posts
10,260 battles
22 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

because haku's aircraft are easier to shoot down, thanks to how aircraft HP and AA DPS works.