Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Admirals view Web based mini game

9 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles

Battlefield 3 had a cool feature where you could log into a website and participate in games. You had a top-down view and you could issue orders to the people in the game. They didn't have to do what you were saying, however, if they did they would get extra rewards. I think something like that in ships would be cool, you could map out strategies for the players in the game. They could ignore them and score the standard way but if they followed out what the Admiral was laying out they would get bonus points and credits. It would be a cool way to still play ships at work or wherever you don't have access to a gaming PC. 

I had a lot of fun with it in battlefield and it could be a refreshing change of pace for World Of Warships. What do you think World of Warships community?

• Cool 3

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,672 battles

This is a pretty bold and interesting idea, and I'm very surprised that Battlefield 3 with its infamously random playerbase can make this work.

However, in world of warships random battles there are many many reasons and incentives involved, not to mention tons of trust issues between players.

This isn't very likely to be in game, especially were games are at much slower paces and ships are much slower to react to orders.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
4 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

This is a pretty bold and interesting idea, and I'm very surprised that Battlefield 3 with its infamously random playerbase can make this work.

However, in world of warships random battles there are many many reasons and incentives involved, not to mention tons of trust issues between players.

This isn't very likely to be in game, especially were games are at much slower paces and ships are much slower to react to orders.

LOL most of the time the players would ignore the orders you were issuing, however, there was a rating system and if they saw that you had a good command rating they were far more likely to do what you ask. Honestly, I am just looking for a way to scratch that warships itch when I am at work lol.

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,050 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Battlefield 3 had a cool feature where you could log into a website and participate in games. You had a top-down view and you could issue orders to the people in the game. They didn't have to do what you were saying, however, if they did they would get extra rewards. I think something like that in ships would be cool, you could map out strategies for the players in the game. They could ignore them and score the standard way but if they followed out what the Admiral was laying out they would get bonus points and credits. It would be a cool way to still play ships at work or wherever you don't have access to a gaming PC. 

I had a lot of fun with it in battlefield and it could be a refreshing change of pace for World Of Warships. What do you think World of Warships community?

Interesting idea but knowing it's damn near impossible to get some to shoot at an active DD in favor of the AFK BB I'd say it's a non-starter.

What could be good as well is a coach mode. Someone agrees to coach a player and that players' views and actions is exactly what the coach sees on their screen. The coach has the ability to send messages or voice com directly to and only to that player.

Nice thought though.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,884 battles

I made a post like this a long long time ago it did not seem to be a good idea to everyone else.

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles
25 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Interesting idea but knowing it's damn near impossible to get some to shoot at an active DD in favor of the AFK BB I'd say it's a non-starter.

What could be good as well is a coach mode. Someone agrees to coach a player and that players' views and actions is exactly what the coach sees on their screen. The coach has the ability to send messages or voice com directly to and only to that player.

Nice thought though.

Keep it designated to clans, and that'd be a nice feature.   Being able to spectate clan members in battle (random or clan battles) - I'd go for that.    I'm on the fence about directly interacting with them.   

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,050 battles
11 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Keep it designated to clans, and that'd be a nice feature.   Being able to spectate clan members in battle (random or clan battles) - I'd go for that.    I'm on the fence about directly interacting with them.   

it would help people get better

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I play CV, I already do this, whether they take my "advise" or not is up to them. I ONLY am shadowing the enemy with my Dive Bombers :cap_look: I scout and shadow the enemy, I get their locations, and 60% of the time my team will continue steaming to nothingness while the enemy is at our Cap's doorstep. I can only watch so long before I brawl/CQC with the enemy alone.

Edited by Vangm94

[ICOP]
Members
785 posts
3,126 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I hate back seat drivers.

Sign in to follow this