C_S_B

No Score Given For Torp & Gunnery Hits Or Sunk Ships

7 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,674 battles

I have noticed that I am not receiving credit for torpedo  hits, ships sunk as a result of those hits and obvious gunnery hits that are not being recorded.  It was particularly noticeable over the weekend of April 7/8, 2018.  I am a DD driver and tend to specialize in going after Carriers.  Often it is just the two of us.  I put a torp or two into the carrier, get the splash and boom, yet the hit is not registered.  More maddening is the carrier sinking and there is no score for that happening.  Again, it is just the two of us out there , so its not like the hit is going to another ship.  For gunnery, I will drop for or five rounds on a BB, see the hits, yet it only registers on or two hits. 

Life is hard enough in this game as a DD and then not to get credit for what you do . . .

Any thoughts as to what is going on? 

You Are . . . What You Do . . . When it Matters . . .

[SPTR]
Members
3,454 posts
5,649 battles

That is very very weird, have not heard of anything of this sort.

This could be a result of a severe network or client side problem, are you lagging? Or is your game files corrupted?

And, are you certain that your torpedoes hit a still alive enemy carrier? Usually if the torpedo hit special effect goes off, but no ribbons and damage were being recorded and credited to you, chances are that the enemy carrier has already been eliminated, perhaps by a long range salvo from a friendly battleship.

Missing artillery shells could be a result of aiming too high (superstructure models are a little funky at times), poor RNG, or lag.

[MEIST]
Members
759 posts
2,917 battles
33 minutes ago, C_S_B said:

I have noticed that I am not receiving credit for torpedo  hits, ships sunk as a result of those hits and obvious gunnery hits that are not being recorded.  It was particularly noticeable over the weekend of April 7/8, 2018.  I am a DD driver and tend to specialize in going after Carriers.  Often it is just the two of us.  I put a torp or two into the carrier, get the splash and boom, yet the hit is not registered.  More maddening is the carrier sinking and there is no score for that happening.  Again, it is just the two of us out there , so its not like the hit is going to another ship.  For gunnery, I will drop for or five rounds on a BB, see the hits, yet it only registers on or two hits. 

Life is hard enough in this game as a DD and then not to get credit for what you do . . .

Any thoughts as to what is going on? 

You Are . . . What You Do . . . When it Matters . . .

Do you have replays on? I haven't had this happen. 

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Do you have any replays of the events in question?.  Going by the description you give I'd have to say, first and foremost, look into your connection.  Reset the router, see if you have packet loss from your location to the game, if possible and you're wireless, switch to wired, things like that. 

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles

Feel free to pm if you want some advice. There are a few things though. It could be your connection. Appearance is client side while damage is server side. You can see and hear stuff with bad connection that isn’t actually happening. Could explain the shell hits that aren’t registering. You don’t have many games so maybe you’re misunderstanding something? The Loyang has kinda short range toros so maybe they aren’t hitting they are running out of range? Replays would seriously help but I would recommend staying at low tiers or even co-op until you get some experience. Feel free to pm

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles

Also, when a ship is destroyed it will say who destroyed it so you can see who got credit. They don’t just go away.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,106 posts
8,738 battles

Lag can cause this, the ship actually isn't where it is shown to you, but it is intermittent.