You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IceSmasher

Apology

43 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
251 battles

As some of you are aware, recently my behavior in the game has been less than pleasant. In some cases, I would have made a Sailor cringe. I would like to apologize to the server for this. In the last 2 weeks, I have had to bury 4 members of my family. My parent were killed in a car accident 2 weeks ago, my brother died from kidney/liver failure due to excessive drinking or beer, and my son died scaling a mountain without ropes, I don't know the technical name for what he was doing, maybe free climbing, idk. No parent should ever have to outlive their own child. I am trying to get better in the game, but sometimes someone says something that just erks me and I get belligerent. Please forgive me while i go through this crisis in my family, bear with me, and one day I will be back to my old self. 

Thank You

• Cool 27
  • Bad 4

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,014 battles

Sorry for your loss.   Having recently lost a parent, I understand the disruption and emptiness that comes.   I cannot imagine that magnified, as you are now experiencing, and you have my sincere condolences.

+1 on the humility and apology given.   Fair seas, sir :Smile_honoring:

Members
332 posts
3,394 battles

I feel for you, and you have my sincere sympathy, losing a child is not an easy thing to do, and I can empathize having gone through this too.  Adding on the other loses, and I can only imagine your sorrow.  Please find someone you can talk with, it does help, there are many avenues to access from clergy to professional counselors or just close friends or family, any of which can be of immense help in these times.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
792 posts
5,790 battles

Losses of loved ones are terrible events one goes through. My sincere thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Semper Fidelis.

"If you're going through Hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill, May 10, 1940

dark.png

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles
40 minutes ago, IceSmasher said:

In the last 2 weeks, I have had to bury 4 members of my family.

Are you kidding me? No apology necessary but do get some help with other loved ones friends and a grief therapist or something. So very sorry for your losses.

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
287 posts
9,608 battles

I am very sorry for your loss. Having also lost many members of my family in a short time, hearing someone say "very sorry for your loss" starts to lose it's meaning. But people do care and are there to help you even if it just means talking to somebody. Most people that are close to you will be happy to take the time to talk, if you want to. It's not a burden because it makes them feel like they're giving something back, sort of paying it forward. Regardless, take life one day at at a time. I wish you well. 

[MEIST]
Members
791 posts
2,952 battles
1 hour ago, IceSmasher said:

As some of you are aware, recently my behavior in the game has been less than pleasant. In some cases, I would have made a Sailor cringe. I would like to apologize to the server for this. In the last 2 weeks, I have had to bury 4 members of my family. My parent were killed in a car accident 2 weeks ago, my brother died from kidney/liver failure due to excessive drinking or beer, and my son died scaling a mountain without ropes, I don't know the technical name for what he was doing, maybe free climbing, idk. No parent should ever have to outlive their own child. I am trying to get better in the game, but sometimes someone says something that just erks me and I get belligerent. Please forgive me while i go through this crisis in my family, bear with me, and one day I will be back to my old self. 

Thank You

Sorry to hear that. You should do as said above to get some form of help. Talking to someone can be very helpful for getting through the different phases of grief. Take care

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,202 battles

Hey Icesmasher, very sorry to hear about the tragedy in your family, I hope you heal as soon as is possible for you.

Without being too pushy, perhaps it would be worth your time to talk to a grief counselor, the kind of tragedy you just described is not going to stop after the funerals, in fact it might start building in intensity because of it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

My god. Apirl is not a good month is it? So many bad things have happed so close to each other. 

My heart goes out to you.

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker

[PIZZA]
Members
712 posts
7,927 battles

I hope this game gives to you some relief and relaxation. You need now support. 

My condolences.

Members
31 posts
251 battles

Thank you for all your concerns but I do not deserve it. Rest assured, none of my friends are letting me be alone for a while. My remaining family are all here and I just want everyone to leave and let me deal with my grief in my own way.... I probably need a head shrink but not from the last 2 weeks, but for the family not wanting me to be alone. That wouldn't be so bad, but the BATHROOM?!?!?! I think you will all understand.

Oh, and I read all your posts.... to answer someone's question..... No.

No.

They did not drop any loot.

Geeze Louise!

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

I'm sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the tragedy of it.

Your family and friends are doing the right thing. Try to embrace their support, given how committed they are to being with you.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

@IceSmasher My prayers are with you my friend, Sorry for the loss.

Sere_Pj

Edited by Sere_Pj

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
53 minutes ago, IceSmasher said:

My remaining family are all here and I just want everyone to leave and let me deal with my grief in my own way....

Very sorry for your loss.  I definitely felt the same way when I lost my father last year.  My house was full of family and friends and all I wanted was for them to leave.  Some people need love and assurance.  Some of us just need some time in our own heads.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
200 posts
3,861 battles

Prayers sent for you and your family IceSmasher. I can't imagine having to walk your path at this time.

1,266 posts
13 battles

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are definitely in my prayers. May they all rest in peace.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
7 hours ago, IceSmasher said:

Thank You

Even if you lowered yourself to personal insults in every match someone wasn’t salty, I’ll forgive you in a heartbeat, as would most of the community, some guy named Jesus said to forgive (I know he wasn’t just “som guy”), you apologized, and asked for forgiveness, a lot more than most people have the will to do. I likely haven’t seen you, but apology accepted. Good luck with your family problems, I will keep you in my thoughts, good wishes, and prayers!

P.S. If you want to get better, after some of this has passed iChaseGaming is a good channel to help with gameplay. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
700 posts
11,704 battles

I'll take the old Irish way of responding to this news and say, "I stand with you." I imagine most of us here do in one way or another, brother. Though the salt is real at times, we all share something together here. And in a wider sense, have experienced enough of life to without hesitation put aside comments made in a game in light of your most terrible news.

Sounds like you have a great support system of loving people around you. And it looks like you have a few friends you have yet to meet right here quietly sharing in your pain. I have heard it said that a load shared is a load lessened. May it be so for you now.

Respects,

Am

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
19 hours ago, IceSmasher said:

I think you will all understand.

My sincere condolences, and my thoughts and prayers.

Also there are a lot of good people on here that will gladly bend an ear you need someone to chat with I known because of some of my own R/L issues.

And I help too, if need someone just to blow off steam with in PMs.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
634 posts
13,530 battles

My condolences and prayers go out to you.  Do not worry about conduct in a silly game - life is just so much more important and venting is an outlet as well.  

Step away, take care of your needs and come back saltier (:D) than ever....

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
2 hours ago, IceSmasher said:

I can not put into words what I am feeling right now....

These will be things that you will never get over. You will only learn to live with them. The key is to talk about it, don't bottle it in. If you need to speak to a therapist...there is no shame in that. If you don't want to talk to a therapist, talk to a priest. If your not religious, perhaps a support group could help. If one thing doesn't work, try something else. Just don't give up and don't bottle it up. Personally, I find talking to people on the internet helpful, I am not a trusting person so getting me to talk about my problems is nearly impossible. I feel safe with the anonymity on the internet, speaking to someone I don't know and can't see. It is easy for me to talk to them, I could care less if they judge me or not. Just take it one day at a time, never kick yourself for not making progress, as I said before you will never get over it but learning to live with it will become easier and easier with time.