You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Uber_Ghost

New t9/10 Aki line incoming

60 comments in this topic

Members
1,547 posts
9,786 battles

Now all I have to do is learn how to interpret Russian mumble. No idea what I just viewed

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
28 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Wonder if they will arrive in time for Ranked?

No possible way lol. Especially since they announced there that they’re now moving to a longer development cycle lol. It’s now 4 weeks per patch instead of the 3 we’ve had. And these haven’t even been officially announced. Meaning they’re still a ways out before even starting ST. Once they start ST, you’re looking at a couple months until the release of them. You’re more than likely looking at about 3 months before these 2 DDs drop.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Members
501 posts
3,448 battles
7 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

No possible way lol. Especially since they announced there that they’re now moving to a longer development cycle lol. It’s now 4 weeks per patch instead of the 3 we’ve had. And these haven’t even been officially announced. Meaning they’re still a ways out before even starting ST. Once they start ST, you’re looking at a couple months until the release of them. You’re more than likely looking at about 3 months before these 2 DDs drop.

I also imagine balancing a super Aki will take some time.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
931 posts
8,737 battles

Not a fan. There are so many real and more interesting ships that could be put in the game. These things are essentially re-tiered Akisukis. The Japanese DD line needs a buff in torpedo concealment, not more fictional gunboats. 

• Bad 2

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

ReuIsSr.gif

I love my Akizuki and always wondered what it would be like at tier 9/10

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts
5,679 battles
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

Not a fan. There are so many real and more interesting ships that could be put in the game. These things are essentially re-tiered Akisukis. The Japanese DD line needs a buff in torpedo concealment, not more fictional gunboats. 

They’re halving the aerial detection range of torpedoes, which was one of the major complaints.

[BIAS]
Beta Testers
160 posts
3,825 battles
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

This is a line that has been left unfinished for quite some time now. Its better to finish off a line than to make an entire new one.

[LUCK]
Members
1,274 posts
18,941 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

They also have to finish trashing the USN CA/CLs in that split, so yes it will take some time.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Members
393 posts
3,612 battles

Cannot wait!

Not a fan of the Harugumo name though, and I wish they could've got more torps, but the much needed speed is also welcomed.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
5 hours ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Let the machine gunning commence!

1 problem, notice the name of the poster. I...Need...REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Other than that, if properly balanced, looks like some new solid DDs that would help the game. The ultimate counter for PA DDs and Asashio is coming, seems like the next nerfhammer is always on the way, and those USN CLs.

Edited by GabeTheDespot

[KP]
Members
1,985 posts
18,345 battles
4 hours ago, renegadestatuz said:

and if they change there names to Tee Six One we may never see them. Bwhahaha.

• Funny 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,391 posts
11,803 battles

SQEEEEES IN UTTER DELIGHT!

yep it'll be two or three months maybe more.. but they com'n.... An IJN "GUN BOAT" DD thats gonna cause some real grief in high tier play.  And should scare the dickens out of Khab drivers.. a DD that shoot's nearly as far as a Khab with more guns and puts out a greater volume of fire.

Not to sure about the 5 turret version.. the Aki's 4 twin mounts dish out lots of grief as it is, I suspect the tier x will not have the same  3second refire delay so it doesn't reach into OP hood.  

My real worry is that the ship maneuverability take another hit because this is the current tier VIII Aki's glaring weakness.    (aki don't run) 

The tier X is obviously suffering an identity crisis.. it doesn't quite know if its a DD or a lIght Cruiser, well things get muddled at tier X anyway so no big deal.. it'll be a BIG target with the length for the 5 turret added.    We'll see where it ends up..

I'd have been utter pleased with a "super Akizuki" the tier XI proposed with a buff to speed and turn rate and the same torpedo options as the Shimi (8k fast, 12k, and 20k)

Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles

I'll just post what I put in Fem's thread on the CC summit info.

I'm excited for Kitakaze. She should fix the biggest problem with Akizuki, her speed. If I'm understanding the design for the improved Akizuki, it was basically a Shimakaze hull and powerplant with 10cm guns on it in the Akizuki-class configuration. Should be a lot of fun to play.

The T10 looks interesting too. I'm actually kind of surprised WG went with the TZoli 'Super Akizuki' design with the 5th gun turret, though I do guess it's a pretty logical progression. I hope it'll at least be able to hit 36kts with that extra weight of a 5th turret and what I'm assuming to be the sextuple launcher present on Kitakaze.

Harugumo should be interesting in it's own right as it has the largest broadside of any DD, by gun count, in the game with 10 barrels.

1 hour ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

SQEEEEES IN UTTER DELIGHT!

yep it'll be two or three months maybe more.. but they com'n.... An IJN "GUN BOAT" DD thats gonna cause some real grief in high tier play.  And should scare the dickens out of Khab drivers.. a DD that shoot's nearly as far as a Khab with more guns and puts out a greater volume of fire.

Not to sure about the 5 turret version.. the Aki's 4 twin mounts dish out lots of grief as it is, I suspect the tier x will not have the same  3second refire delay so it doesn't reach into OP hood.  

My real worry is that the ship maneuverability take another hit because this is the current tier VIII Aki's glaring weakness.    (aki don't run) 

The tier X is obviously suffering an identity crisis.. it doesn't quite know if its a DD or a lIght Cruiser, well things get muddled at tier X anyway so no big deal.. it'll be a BIG target with the length for the 5 turret added.    We'll see where it ends up..

I'd have been utter pleased with a "super Akizuki" the tier XI proposed with a buff to speed and turn rate and the same torpedo options as the Shimi (8k fast, 12k, and 20k)

Shouldn't really matter if Harugumo doesn't have a 3 second base reload, T9 and T10 get access to the reload module. But, if WG is using the TZoli design as inspiration for Harugumo, then the 4th turret, at the top of the pyramid, will be a limiting factor as the firing arcs for it don't look to be very good. You'll likely have to show a lot of broadside to get those last two barrels into action.

On a potentially good point, the addition of a turret behind the TT's might make Harugumo's rearward torpedo firing arcs less restricted. Meaning that she won't have to show as much broadside to get torps off when running/kiting.

Spoiler

super_akizuki_coloured_by_tzoli-d7phuot.

The Akizuki-Kai design(which is Kitakaze), to my understanding, was basically a Shimakaze hull and powerplant with 10cm guns instead of the IJN 127s. So the T9 should fix Akizuki's biggest flaw. Whether or not the speed carries over to the T10, I wouldn't even know how to guess. Lots of extra weight with a 5th turret and what I'm assuming will be the sextuple launcher that's present on Kitakaze.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,570 battles

It's interesting that both of the illustrations for these DDs seem to include prominent radar mounts.  No other Japanese DD has such a mount, which seem to be versions of the ones on Cruisers.

Also, a 6-tube torpedo launcher is, I believe, going to be a first for the game.  I wonder if they will get the same torpedo options as Yugumo and Shimakaze.

While I agree the speed of these DDs is going to be an important stat, I will be more interested in their concealment.  If they are still trying for the 'Gunboat' and 'General Purpose Stealthy' plan, it's possible these will have worse concealment than their counterparts in the main line.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,640 posts
8,010 battles

While I'm excited for the T9, the T10 seems not really interesting.

The T9 will be an Akizuki with better speed, which is really good. More AA is ok but if they don't put Defensive AA, I don't really think it will be that interesting.

The T10 will most likely have less speed than the T9. Probably a longer Akizuki in therm of lenght. Also I it might be even more clumsier than Akizuki which is bad considering you're bigger and you will most likely eat BB pen anyday AND you're slow. I don't see any torps tube which is new for a DD and smoked target will have no fear of you  Torps angle seems really garbage. On the other hands this ship will have better AA but once again without defensive fire it will be good against any CV that isn"t T10.

[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,142 battles

Ohhh boi. I got 200k exp on my aki sitting.. time to put them in good use.

As for the NEW ships....*HEAVY BREATHING INTENSIFIES*

Edited by KAGA_kaini
  • Angry 1

Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles
3 hours ago, Singleshot said:

better picture from Flamu

Dagxn0CXkAA-baA.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/flamuchz

look like the last 2 turret on tier 10 will have good fire angle.

Ah, that is a better image, thanks for posting that. Harugumo is going to be a long DD. Hope that doesn't affect the handling too much. And I wonder where all the extra AA is compared to Akizuki? Is the vast majority of it going to be in that 5th 10cm turret? I'm also in the camp of "I hope WG gives these DDs the option of using DFAA", otherwise the AA role won't be very effective.

Also, I was going to make Hindenburg my first T10, but with these two ships being announced(and with 150k exp on Akizuki at the moment) and me being nowhere near Hindenburg exp wise on Roon, I think I might just hold off on that grind and wait these out. They look like a lot of fun and I like the Akizuki platform aside from the poor speed. I'm a patient person considering I've been playing this game for almost 3 years and still don't own a T10 yet, lol.

2 hours ago, Jakob_Knight said:

It's interesting that both of the illustrations for these DDs seem to include prominent radar mounts.  No other Japanese DD has such a mount, which seem to be versions of the ones on Cruisers.

Also, a 6-tube torpedo launcher is, I believe, going to be a first for the game.  I wonder if they will get the same torpedo options as Yugumo and Shimakaze.

While I agree the speed of these DDs is going to be an important stat, I will be more interested in their concealment.  If they are still trying for the 'Gunboat' and 'General Purpose Stealthy' plan, it's possible these will have worse concealment than their counterparts in the main line.

Kitakaze's concealment I expect to be the exact same as Akizuki. Espeically considering the only differences between Akizuki and the Akizuki-kai design(Kitakaze) are that Kitakaze should be faster and (apparently) has a sextuple TT mount(and extra AA, somewhere). Kitakaze should essentially be an Akizuki that's moved up one tier, has more torpedoes, and is faster(I think the design called for Shimakaze's powerplant, so we might see it approach 40kts without speed boost)

As for the T10, If it gets 6.0km max or 6.1km max, I don't think I'll complain, but anything more than that and I think it'll become rather difficult to play, especially considering how big Akizuki is, and how much bigger the T10 will be in comparison.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[SYN]
Members
14,345 posts
10,204 battles

Kitakaze is supposed to do 36.7 knots, so I think we are looking at 39.6 knots with normal engine boost and 40.8 knots with flag and engine boost.

[VVV]
Members
2,394 posts
15 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Ah, that is a better image, thanks for posting that. Harugumo is going to be a long DD. Hope that doesn't affect the handling too much. And I wonder where all the extra AA is compared to Akizuki? Is the vast majority of it going to be in that 5th 10cm turret? I'm also in the camp of "I hope WG gives these DDs the option of using DFAA", otherwise the AA role won't be very effective.

Harugumo they said will have 40mm Bofors twins as well, so the mid-range AA should be pretty good.

Personally I'd say give Akizuki, Kitakaze and Harugumo all access to DFAA with 2x instead of 4x DPS. And on Akizuki and maybe Kitakaze put it in the same slot as TRB.

Either that or give them standard 4x DFAA but nerf the base DPS of the 100mm guns a little bit. They already have different HE than the CA/BB/CV secondary versions so giving them different AA DPS would be an acceptable balance option if standard DFAA would make them (especially Harugumo) too much of a no-fly zone. Same was previously done with Grozovoi after all.